- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Hollywood Regency Style Tessellated Stone Coffee Table by Maitland Smith, 1980s
- CreatorMaitland Smith (Designer)
- DimensionsHeight: 22.05 in. (56 cm)Width: 23.63 in. (60 cm)Depth: 23.63 in. (60 cm)
- StyleHollywood Regency (In the Style Of)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1980s
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. In good general cosmetic condition with some chips to stone as pictured.
- Seller LocationLondon, GB
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU6056226467632
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingEstimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: Somerset, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
About the Designer
The eclectic furnishings of Maitland-Smith celebrate artisan skills in an age of machines. Hand-carved woodwork, inlaid marquetry, painted detailing, gilding and lost wax casting lend the company’s decorative accents an artistic flair. Focused on pieces that add a dynamic flourish to an interior by incorporating tactile materials like leather, seashell inlays and crushed eggshell, the manufacturer draws inspiration across centuries, from the curvy forms of the Louis XV period to the geometric angles of mid-century modernism.
Paul Maitland-Smith established the company in Hong Kong in 1979, after getting his start in London in the 1950s as an antique dealer who also sold reproduction furniture, something that would become a Maitland-Smith specialty. The manufacturer’s early reproductions of 17th- and 18th-century furniture included Chippendale dining chairs, and soon afterward, Maitland-Smith expanded into a range of decorative designs that often exuded a whimsical spirit, whether a coffee table shaped like a stack of books or a pair of decorative obelisks. Maitland-Smith’s signature sculptural table lamps in particular show off this playful sensibility, with one balancing a pen-shell shade on a monkey’s tail and another taking on the form of a miniature hot-air balloon.
Since its founding, Maitland-Smith’s sourcing has been based in Asia, and although Paul Maitland-Smith later sold the company that still bears his name and is now headquartered in North Carolina, the brand’s furnishings are still largely made in Cebu, Philippines.
Today, Maitland-Smith continues to innovate on its finely crafted offerings by collaborating with contemporary designers and studios such as Tony Duquette Studios (founded by set and costume designer Tony Duquette in 1941), Celerie Kemble and painter and textile designer Susan Hable Smith.
Find a wide range of Maitland-Smith furniture for sale on 1stDibs.
- Rosewood Danish Mid-Century Side Table by Vejle Stole and Møbelfabrik, 1960sBy Vejle Stole & MøbelfabrikLocated in London, GB1960s rosewood side / occasional table designed and made in Denmark by Vejle Stole & Møbelfabrik. Makers stamp on underside of table.Category
Vintage 1960s Danish Mid-Century Modern Side TablesMaterials
Rosewood$389 Sale Price28% Off
- Rosewood Pedestal Coffee Table by Vejle Stole and Møbelfabrik, Danish, 1960sBy Vejle Stole & MøbelfabrikLocated in London, GB1960s rosewood pedestal coffee table of a rectangular shape designed and made in Denmark by Vejle Stole & Møbelfabrik. Makers stamp on underside of table.Category
Vintage 1960s Danish Center TablesMaterials
- Black Vinyl Safari Chair by Maurice Burke for Arkana, 1980sBy Maurice Burke, Arkana FurnitureLocated in London, GBBlack vinyl safari chair on metal frame designed by Maurice Burke for British furniture manufacturer Arkana in the 1980s. Original vinyl upholstery in excellent condition with small ...Category
Vintage 1980s British ArmchairsMaterials
- Square Componibili Unit by Anna Castelli Ferrieri for Kartell, 1970sBy Anna Castelli Ferrieri, KartellLocated in London, GBVintage square Combonibili unit in a dark aubergine / purple colour designed by Anna Castelli Ferrieri for Kartell and manufactured in the 1970s. Good vintage condition. Four wheels ...Category
Vintage 1970s Side TablesMaterials
- Faro Table Lamp by Harvey Guzzini, Italian, 1970sBy Harvey GuzziniLocated in London, GB1970s Harvey Guzzini mushroom style Faro table lamp. Chrome plated with white acrylic shade. Height of shade is adjustable as it can move up and down the central column. Original Guz...Category
20th Century Italian Table LampsMaterials
Chrome$731 Sale Price14% Off
- Facette Ceramic Table Lamp by Carl Zalloni, 1970sBy Carl ZalloniLocated in London, GB1970s Facette copper ceramic table lamp designed by Carl Zalloni and manufactured by Steuler Germany. Small chips to corner as pictured.Category
Vintage 1970s German Table LampsMaterials
You May Also Like
Vintage 1980s American Hollywood Regency Coffee and Cocktail Tables
Vintage 1980s Philippine Hollywood Regency Coffee and Cocktail Tables
Vintage 1980s Philippine Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
20th Century American Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
Vintage 1980s Philippine Hollywood Regency Trunks and Luggage
Stone, Marble, Steel
Vintage 1980s Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
Mid-20th Century Philippine Mid-Century Modern Side Tables
Late 20th Century Philippine Coffee and Cocktail Tables
Vintage 1980s American Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery