Pair of Bagues Gilt-Bronze Two-Tiered Side Tables with Eglomise Glass Tops
About the Item
- Creator:Maison Baguès (Maker)
- Dimensions:Height: 23.75 in (60.33 cm)Width: 23 in (58.42 cm)Depth: 12 in (30.48 cm)
- Sold As:Set of 2
- Style:Mid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques:
- Place of Origin:
- Date of Manufacture:circa 1940s-1950s
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. The frames show some minor wear to gilding and some tarnishing. The glass tops are in very good overall condition.
- Seller Location:Pembroke, MA
- Reference Number:Seller: #30061stDibs: LU838517533311
Since its establishment in 1860, the Maison Baguès has been an emblem of French sophistication in luxury lighting design. Each piece the firm makes is hand-assembled using traditional techniques in order to emphasize the elegance and excellence of their detailed artisanal work. Still the epitome of savoir-faire, Maison Baguès’ luxurious pieces are prized for their craftsmanship, beauty and harmony.
The master metalsmith Noël Baguès founded the company as specialists in liturgical bronzes, but by 1880 the company had expanded into the production of bronze light fixtures in response to the development of electrical lighting. Carried on by Noël’s son Eugène and grandsons Victor and Robert, Maison Baguès continued to progress, adding intricately detailed iron lighting collections in the 1920s as well as stair banisters, gates and accessory tables.
Baguès began selling internationally in the interwar period, expanding the company’s operation to New York, Rome and Cairo. Noted for their high-end handcrafted work, such as complex carved sconces and hand-strung crystal chandeliers, Maison Baguès appealed to an elite clientele. While Baguès’ Art Deco crystal lighting fixtures drew the most attention, the company was also known for bespoke metalwork that drew commissions from important interior designers and decorating firms such as Maison Jansen and Raymond Subes. The idiosyncratic genius Armand-Albert Rateau used Maison Baguès accessories to decorate the interiors of Jeanne Lanvin’s town home in 1928. Maison Baguès products have also been featured in luxury hotels like Paris's George V and the Savoy in London.
Today, Maison Baguès continues its history of delicate, detailed work and devotes much of its enterprise to preserving the company’s heritage through restoration. Their efforts are worth it. As you will see on 1stDibs, Maison Baguès remains the last word in classic French lighting and metalwork.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Pembroke, MA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Pair of French Maison Baguès Three-tiered Chinoiserie Side TablesBy Maison BaguèsLocated in Pembroke, MAA rare pair of stunning French gilt-bronze and Chinoiserie top side tables with three tiers (attributed to Maison Baguès, mid-Century). Each table has three rectangular burgundy-lacq...Category
Mid-20th Century French Chinoiserie Side TablesMaterials
- Pair of Italian Mid-Century Modern Side Tables with Glass and Mirrored TopsLocated in Pembroke, MAPair of Italian gilt-brass Mid-Century Modern side tables with glass tops, (circa 1970s). These elegant tables feature glass tops that are slightly Smokey with silvered bands around ...Category
Mid-20th Century Italian Mid-Century Modern Side TablesMaterials
- Silvered-Bronze Coffee Table and Two Nesting Side Tables with Églomisé TopsBy Maison JansenLocated in Pembroke, MAA set of three silvered-bronze tables comprising a coffee table and two matching side tables that nest under the coffee table. The tops are églomisé silver with tones of gold and gre...Category
Mid-20th Century French Neoclassical Coffee and Cocktail TablesMaterials
- French Gilt-Bronze Bar Cart with Gold Églomisé Tops attr. to BaguesLocated in Pembroke, MAA highly-decorative and very rare French gilt-bronze bar cart with a gold églomisé tops. The bronze frame is in the form of palm leaves, and sun flowers adorn the sides where the sup...Category
Early 20th Century French Mid-Century Modern Carts and Bar CartsMaterials
- Gilt-Bronze Table Lamp by Maison BaguesBy Maison BaguèsLocated in Pembroke, MAA beautiful gilt-bronze table lamp with acanthus details by the renowned French manufacturer, Maison Baguès, with a custom-made pleated silk shade. The lamp has been rewired for U.S.Category
Mid-20th Century French Mid-Century Modern Table LampsMaterials
- Pair of Gilt-Bronze and Crystal Sconces by Maison BaguèsBy Maison BaguèsLocated in Pembroke, MAPair of French gilt-bronze and crystal sconces by Maison Baguès. There is a wonderful selection of interesting and high-quality crystals, particularly in the central spray. Crystal beads decorate the bottom leaf section. The sconces also include opaline glass candle sleeves...Category
20th Century French Neoclassical Revival Wall Lights and SconcesMaterials
Crystal, Brass, Bronze
- Pair of Maison Baguès French 3 Tier Cloudy Glass Brass Side Table 50sBy Maison BaguèsLocated in Miami, FLSuperb Pair of Maison Baguès 3-tier side table in patinated brass with original mirrored cloudy glass. Neoclassical French Design from the late 1950. Very good vintage condition.Category
Vintage 1950s French Neoclassical Side TablesMaterials
- Italian, 1980s Pair of Bronze Side Tables with Glass TopsLocated in Marbella, ESItalian, 1980s rectangular tables with gilded bronze bases and smoked glass tops.Category
Vintage 1980s Italian End TablesMaterials
- Pair of Modern Two-Tier Glass Side TablesLocated in Sheffield, MAPair of modern two-tier glass end tables, these tables feature stainless steel and frosted glass. Works well in modern or traditional decor. Ca...Category
Vintage 1970s Mid-Century Modern Side TablesMaterials
- Maison Baguès Faux-Bamboo Bronze Side Table with Eglomized Glass ShelvesBy Maison BaguèsLocated in Marcq-en-Barœul, Hauts-de-FranceThis faux-bamboo side table is all made of bronze with oxydized glass shelves. This is a work by famous French designer Maison Baguès. Circa 1940.Category
Vintage 1940s French Neoclassical Side TablesMaterials
- Pair of Maison Baguès Side TablesBy Maison BaguèsLocated in Miami, FLPair of Maison Baguès 3-tier side tables. Measure: 1st-tier high 8 2nd-tier high 20 Very good vintage condition. 2 pairs available, 4 tables ...Category
Vintage 1950s French Neoclassical Side TablesMaterials
- Pair of Large Octogonal Chromed Side Tables with Bronze Glass Tops, FrenchLocated in Marcq-en-Barœul, Hauts-de-FranceThis very nice and unusual pair of large octagonal side tables is made of chrome with bronze glass shelves mirrored all around the glass. This is a ...Category
Vintage 1970s French Mid-Century Modern Side TablesMaterials
Recently ViewedView All
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery