Items Similar to André Lhote Drawing La Coiffeuse Hand Signed, circa 1920
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 5
André Lhote Drawing La Coiffeuse Hand Signed, circa 1920
Drawing by André Lhote, circa 1920. Hand signed Dimensions of the layer: 26 x 20 cm. Hand signed. Framed in 19th century frame. In original condition. André Lhote was born in 1885 and was a French Cubist painter of figure subjects, portraits, landscapes and still life. After initially working in a Fauvist style, Lhote shifted towards Cubism and joined the Section d'Or group in 1912, exhibiting at the Salon de la Section d'Or. He was alongside some of the fathers of modern art, including Gleizes, Villon, Duchamp, Metzinger, Picabia and La Fresnaye. Lhote lectured extensively in France and other countries, including Belgium, England, Italy and, from the 1950s, also in Egypt and Brazil. In Egypt Lhote worked with Effat Nagy using Egyptian archaeology as subject matter for their work. His work was rewarded with the Grand Prix National de Peinture for 1955, and the UNESCO commission for sculpture appointed Lhote president of the International Association of Painters, engravers and sculptors.
- CreatorAndré Lhote (Artist)
- DimensionsHeight: 18.9 in. (48 cm)Width: 15.95 in. (40.5 cm)Depth: 1.97 in. (5 cm)
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1920
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationBarcelona, ES
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU1427222975282
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$535.41 Front Door Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 2-5 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered to the first available dry area outside of your house or building (front door, porch, landing area, garage, etc.).Estimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: Barcelona, Spain
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in Barcelona, Spain
4.9 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 2015
1stDibs seller since 2015
878 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 3 hours
More From This Seller
- By Dora MaarLocated in Barcelona, BarcelonaPointillist composition by Dora Maar, circa 1960. Hand signed. Authenticity stamp of the auction that took p...Category
Vintage 1960s French Mid-Century Modern DrawingsMaterials
- By Fernand LégerLocated in Barcelona, BarcelonaLithographie Fernand Léger and poem André Verdet made in France in 1980 Numered and signed by Andre Verdet l...Category
Vintage 1980s Mid-Century Modern DrawingsMaterials
You May Also Like
20th Century French Pastel Drawing Signed Polme, 1920s
Located in LEGNY, FR
Very nice 20th century French Pastel drawing signed on the right bottom "Polme" from the 1920s. Representing Peaches, stille life.
Vintage 1920s French Drawings
Boxeur Drawing André Dunoyer de Segonzac
Located in East Hampton, NY
Boxeur drawing/ watercolor by André Dunoyer de Segonzac. Signed and dated May 10, 1968. Authenticated by artist on a photograph of the piece of art. Artwork size: 7" H x 8.3/8"W.
Vintage 1960s Paintings
Swiss Fashion Drawing of a Woman in Futurist Clothing, circa 1920s
Located in Essex, MA
A brightly colored gouache and pencil drawing of a woman in asymmetrical Futurist clothing with the caption, written all in capital letters in pencil, Futurismus (futurism in German,...
Vintage 1920s Swiss Futurist Drawings
Andre Derain Etching signed in pencil
By Andre Darin
Located in Hudson, NY
Andre Derain was born in Chatou France in 1880. He met Matisse early in his life but was conscripted into the French army in 1901. After his service and when released Matisse convinc...
Vintage 1950s French Drawings
Marcel Delmotte, Drawing, Signed
By Marcel Delmotte
Located in Saint-Ouen, FR
Marcel Delmotte (1901-1984) , drawing , signed Measures: 31 x 23 cm and 46 x 38 cm.
Vintage 1950s Belgian Baroque Drawings
"Nu de Dos" Drawing by André Derain, Late 1940s
By André Derain
Located in Los Angeles, CA
A drawing in sanguine (red chalk) on wove paper, by André Derain, the co-founder, with Henri Matisse, of fauvism. Ink-stamped with the artist's studio mark: [Atelier André Derain]. N...
Vintage 1940s French Drawings
Original Model Drawing by André Courrèges for Diana Vreeland
By André Courrèges
Located in Pawtucket, RI
Wonderful historical pen and ink illustration on board by Courrèges of his models done for and notated to Diana Vreeland. Great piece of fashion history. Framed in an original plexig...
Vintage 1960s French Modern Drawings
French Drawing in Pen and Gouache by André Arbus, Paris, 1938
By André Arbus
Located in New York, NY
Gouache and pen work by André Arbus (1903-1969). Signed Andre Arbus. Origin: Drawing of dining table by Andre Arbus for the apartment of Mme Pedersen, Paris, 1938. Literature:...
Vintage 1930s French Mid-Century Modern Drawings
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery