Items Similar to Henry Pruett Share Etching of Wintry Pastoral Scene; Signed R. Legrande Johnston
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 7
Henry Pruett Share Etching of Wintry Pastoral Scene; Signed R. Legrande Johnston
A Henry Pruett share (American, 1853-1905) etching of a wintry pastoral scene of a shepherd and flock; signed 'R. LeGrande Johnston' (1850-1918); this peaceful pastoral scene at dusk of a shepherd and his sheepdog returning their flock to the stabile; Reuben LeGrande Johnston (1850-1918), was born in Alexandria, Virginia. Best known for his landscapes with animals, he was well-travelled, visiting France, Spain, England, Tangiers and Morocco. He also traveled to the American west, notably Cheyene, Wyoming. He was a member of the Society of Washington (DC) Artists, where he exhibited, in addition to the National Academy of Design; newly matted and framed.
- CreatorReuben LeGrande Johnston (Artist)
- DimensionsHeight: 23.75 in. (60.33 cm)Width: 21 in. (53.34 cm)Depth: 1 in. (2.54 cm)
- Place of Origin
- Date of ManufactureDated 1887
- Conditiondiscoloration to paper; newly matted and framed.
- Seller LocationSan Francisco, CA
- Reference NumberSeller: 500991stDibs: LU797013893471
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$110 Standard Parcel Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 3-5 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Ships From: San Francisco, CA
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Seller
Located in San Francisco, CA
4.8 / 5
These experienced sellers undergo a comprehensive evaluation by our team of in-house experts.
Established in 2003
1stDibs seller since 2004
124 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 2 hours
More From This Seller
- Located in San Francisco, CAGouache on paper of an atmospheric wintry forest scene signed Robb Beebe (1891-1966); the serene tonal painting ...Category
Vintage 1930s American Paintings
- By Captain Greenvile CollinsLocated in San Francisco, CAA handsome pair of framed sea charts of the coasts of Great Britain by Captain Greenvile Collins; with later mat...Category
Antique Late 18th Century English Drawings
- By Colen CampbellLocated in San Francisco, CAA grand and rare set of three double-page English architectural copper engravings by British architect, Colen Ca...Category
Antique Early 18th Century English Drawings
- By Emile MullerLocated in San Francisco, CAEach of impressive size with short everted laurel leaf mouth flanked by scrolled handles with bold acanthus leaf...Category
Antique 1880s French Louis XVI Planters and JardinieresMaterials
- Located in San Francisco, CAEach hand painted urn adorned overall with an abundance of flowers and opposing song birdsCategory
Vintage 1950s Dutch Chinoiserie Delft and FaienceMaterials
You May Also Like
Morris Henry Hobbs Etching of Chicago
By Morris Henry Hobbs
Located in Dallas, TX
Presenting a very rare original etching by Morris Henry Hobbs of the City of Chicago with a view from Lake Michigan from circa 1930. This etching is badly in need of some professi...
Early 20th Century American Art Deco Drawings
$750 Sale Price
Diminutive Etching of Magdelena in a Gilt Frame Signed G. Batoni
Located in Stamford, CT
Diminutive etching of Magdelena in a gilt frame signed and dated. This highly decorative print is 6 inches x 8 inches unframed and when sitting in its finely gilt and carved frame it...
Early 20th Century Italian Barbizon School Drawings
Mid Century Modern Etching "JUANITA" Signed
Located in National City, CA
For your consideration a vintage etching framed in 1/2" wood frame painted in black. Title " Juanita" signed in pencil. No information available regarding the artist....
Vintage 1960s Mexican Mid-Century Modern Drawings
Andre Derain Etching signed in pencil
By Andre Darin
Located in Hudson, NY
Andre Derain was born in Chatou France in 1880. He met Matisse early in his life but was conscripted into the French army in 1901. After his service and when released Matisse convinc...
Vintage 1950s French Drawings
Signed Ink Drawing by Henry de Waroquier, France 1930s
By Henry de Waroquier
Located in New York, NY
Niobe Greek mythology theme signed, 1938 framed (1 chip off on frame finish).
Vintage 1930s French Drawings
Dicksee Herbert, Etching of Lion and Lioness, Roused, Signed in Pencil
By Herbert Dicksee 2
Located in Oxfordshire, GB
'Roused!' by Herbert Dicksee. A wonderful etching by Herbert Dicksee of a lion and lioness. A framed wildlife picture of a lion and lioness within some rocks. The powerful etching ...
Vintage 1910s British Sporting Art Taxidermy
Mid-Century French Etching Untitled, Numbered and Signed
Located in Chicago, IL
Mid-Century French Etching. Found in France. Numbered and Signed #25/75. Wonderful composition, etching has been cleaned and newly framed in conservation glass.
Mid-20th Century French Decorative Art
Modern Art Embossed Color Etching European Landscape Signed
Located in National City, CA
For your pleasure: Modern Art Embossed Color Etching European Landscape Signed but difficult to read. Dimensions: 13.63" (5/8) x 16.63"h x .88"d (7/8) Art: 6.5"x 9"h Original Pre...
Vintage 1960s American Modern Drawings
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery