Items Similar to H. Livens Oil Painting "Harvesting on a Summer's Day" View More
H. Livens Oil Painting "Harvesting on a Summer's Day"
Charming Horace Mann Livens painting shows two hatted farmers harvesting hay. Golden sheaves of wheat are balanced by the trees at edge of field. Note: H. Livens is credited with the first recorded painting of Van Gogh, who was a fellow student at the Antwerp Art Academy 1885-1886. Unframed: 24.5"W x 16.5" W.
- Of the Period
- Place of Origin
- Date of ManufactureUnknown
- Materials and Techniques
- DimensionsH 23 in. x W 31 in. x D 3 in.H 58.42 cm x W 78.74 cm x D 7.62 cm
- Seller LocationHouston, TX
- Seller Reference NumberDA017
- Reference NumberLU109825358403
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.9 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2014
Located in Houston, TX
More From This Seller
W. Wyllie Oil Painting on Canvas "off Southend"...
Antique Mid-19th Century English Victorian Paintings
William Lionel Wyllie has been referred to as "Britain's premier marine painter of the later victorian and early 20th century". "Off Southend" is a very subtle...
John Elliot Jenkins "Riverboats" Signed, Oil Pa...
Early 20th Century American Romantic Paintings
John Eliot Jenkins (1868-1937) was born in Kansas and studied painting at the Julian & Colorosi Academies in Paris 1888-1892, where he studied with Claude Monet. This painting sho...
Pair of Signed Oil on Canvas Paintings by W. Do...
Antique Late 19th Century English Beaux Arts Paintings
Pair of William Raymond Dommersen oil paintings, of scenes that he enjoyed on many European journeys shared with his father. Both paintings are colorful and feature livestock and ...
Fishermen at Low Tide Oil Painting by William T...
Antique Mid-19th Century English Romantic Paintings
William Thornley was a painter of coastal scenes in France, England and the Netherlands. This painting is a small example of the romance of the sea. Painted in the muted tones of...