This wonderful impressionist country village landscape painting with a stone bridge was done by American artist Paul Bernard King (1867-1947). King was born in Buffalo, New York, and after becoming an established printer, went on to study at the NY Art Students League with Henry S. Mowbray. While a student, he became an illustrator for Life and Harper’s magazines, and went on to become well-known for his portraits, landscapes, rural scenes, and illustrations. Oil on canvas, signed lower right, and housed in a beautifully decorated giltwood frame etched with geometric patterns.
- CreatorPaul Bernard King (Artist)
- Place of origin
- Date of manufacturecirca Late 19th-Early 20th Century
- ConditionExcellent. Actual painting measures 32 in h x 40 in w. Excellent overall condition, with minimal wear. Please contact us directly with inquiries before purchasing..
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
H 45.75 in. x W 54 in. x D 2.5 in.
H 116.21 cm x W 137.16 cm x D 6.35 cm
- Seller locationMilford, NH
- Seller reference number5124
- Reference numberLU93396475043
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2012
Typical response time: 4 hrs
Located in Milford, NH
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
More From This Seller
You May Also Like