Items Similar to "Paul Preaching in Areopagus" Oil Painting in the Manner of James Thornhill View More
"Paul Preaching in Areopagus" Oil Painting in the Manner of James Thornhill
"Paul Preaching in Aeropagus" large oil painting in the manner of 18th century painter James Thornhill. Original painting was inspired by tapestry cartoon by Raphael for Pope Leo X, which is displayed in the Hampton Palace built by Henry Vlll. Companion to "Elymas ye Sorcerer Struck Blind", also listed. Painting is rich in color and contained in a beautiful hand carved frame. Framed size: 60" W x 48-1/2" H.
- In the Style Of
- Place of Origin
- Date of ManufactureUnknown
- Materials and Techniques
- Condition Detailsunsigned painting and frame, both in excellent condition
- DimensionsH 42 in. x W 53.5 in. x D 3 in.H 106.68 cm x W 135.89 cm x D 7.62 cm
- Seller LocationHouston, TX
- Seller Reference NumberHK
- Reference NumberLU1098212340971
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 3 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.9 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2014
Located in Houston, TX
You may also contact the seller by phone
More From This Seller
"Elymas Ye Sorcerer Struck Blind" Painted in th...
Antique 19th Century English Renaissance Paintings
"Elymas ye Sorcerer Struck Blind" large painting in the manner of 18th century artist James Thornhill. Oil painting displays St. Paul rebuking Elymas who sought to prevent the con...
Constant Troyon "The Watering Cart" Oil Painting
Antique Mid-19th Century French Barbizon School Paintings
The Watering Cart is a fine example of Constant Tryon (1810-1865). His paintings of cattle are highly regarded and the details of the oxen in painting are Classic examples of his sk...
"Turkey and Other Fowl in a Yard" in the manne...
Antique 17th Century Dutch Baroque Paintings
Oil painting done in the school of Melchior d'Hondecoeter (1636-1695.) Painting features a Turkey and other Fowl in flight, as well as on ground, pecking for food. The backgro...
Impressionist Style Oil Painting of Sailboats M...
Early 20th Century French Belle Époque Paintings
Charming oil painting in the serene colors of the sea. In the foreground are three sailboats moored with one at half-mast. In the background at the water's edge sit three Europea...