Items Similar to Portrait Painting by California Artist John Bond Francisco, Early 20th Century View More
Portrait Painting by California Artist John Bond Francisco, Early 20th Century
Framed oil on canvas of a South or Central American native. Painted by John Bond Francisco (b.1863-d.1931) an American California artist. John Bond Francisco was born in Cincinnati, OH on Dec. 14, 1863. From an early age Francisco was drawn to both music and art. He studied the violin with Hermann Eckhardt and painting at the Cincinnati Art Academy for several years. He arrived in Los Angeles in 1887 and was so taken with the beauty of the place, he opted to make it his home. He soon continued his studies in Berlin, Munich, and in Paris at Académies Julian and Colarossi under Courtois, Bouguereau, and Robert-Fleury. While in Europe he studied the violin in the morning hours and painting in the afternoon.
- Place of Origin
- Date of ManufactureEarly 20th Century
- Materials and Techniques
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsH 32 in. x W 27.5 in. x D 1 in.H 81.28 cm x W 69.85 cm x D 2.54 cm
- Seller LocationSan Francisco, CA
- Reference NumberLU812814006022
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexityShipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
This item can be returned within 7 days of delivery.View details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
4.5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2005
Located in San Francisco, CA
More From This Seller
Abstract Landscape Painting, California Artist ...
20th Century American Paintings
Abstract landscape or forest scene painting, oil on canvas in original wood frame, attributed to California artist Kathy Maine. American, last half 20th century. The inner sight mea...
Mid Century Abstract Painting by California Art...
Vintage 1950s American Mid-Century Modern Paintings
Large oil on canvas signed M. S. and dated 1950. Martin Snipper b.1914-d.2008, he was a San Francisco/Bay Area artist and patron of the arts. American, mid 20th century.
Landscape Watercolor Painting Signed L Douglas,...
Early 20th Century American Paintings
Glass, Wood, Paper
Beautifully painted landscape forest scene with stream in original giltwood frame, watercolor under glass. Signed in the lower right corner L. Douglas. American, early 20th century. ...
Mid-20th Century Still Life Painting
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern Paintings
Still life painting in carved and giltwood frame. Signed Donald Seely, 1966.