Items Similar to Silk Stevengraph "The First Point", 19th Century
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 5
Silk Stevengraph "The First Point", 19th Century
A Victorian woven silk Stevengraph of a hunt. The picture is of a huntsman and greyhounds in pursuit of a hare, "The First Point". The silk picture has written on the slip "Woven in silk by Thomas Stevens, inventor and manufacturer, Coventry, London (Registered)". The silk picture is in its original black and gold decorated wood frame. The silk picture is in good condition, the frame has a few chips to the decoration, (Circa 1870) Measures: Height 22cm (8.6 inches) Length 28.5cm (11.2 inches) Depth 1.5cm (0.6 inches).
- DimensionsHeight: 8.67 in. (22 cm)Width: 11.23 in. (28.5 cm)Depth: 0.6 in. (1.5 cm)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1870
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use.
- Seller LocationLondon, GB
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU3652323266532
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingFree Front Door Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 1-2 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered to the first available dry area outside of your house or building (front door, porch, landing area, garage, etc.).Estimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in London, United Kingdom
5 / 5
These expertly vetted sellers are 1stDibs' most experienced sellers and are rated highest by our customers.
Established in 1956
1stDibs seller since 2018
141 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 1 hour
More From This Seller
- Located in London, GBA pair of early 19th century oil on wood board male and female portraits. The Gentleman is sitting in an arm ...Category
Antique 19th Century European PaintingsMaterials
- Located in London, GBAncient painting Italian from the first half of the 19th century. Opera ad oil on canvas depicting a religious s...Category
Antique 19th Century Italian PaintingsMaterials
You May Also Like
Ship Portrait, Oil on Canvas, First Half of the 19th Century
Located in Milan, IT
Ship portrait, oil on canvas, first half of the 19th century; in the background there are a smaller ship, two small boats and a port. Very good condition, a few restorations. Measure...
Antique 19th Century British Nautical Objects
Stevengraph, a Tennis Match, the First Set
Located in Oxfordshire, GB
Tennis Stevengraph. This is a wonderful and quite rare piece. A rare late 19th century woven silk Stevengraph of a Tennis Match entitled, "The First Set". This example forms part o...
Antique Late 19th Century English Sporting Art Decorative Art
Silk Printing, Romantic Scene, 19th Century
Located in Saint-Ouen, FR
Small silk printing figuring a romantic scene in the 18th century style. A stand woman wearing a red and white dress reaches her hand to kiss to a kneeling man in front of her who we...
Antique 1880s European Romantic Paintings
Silk Painting Figuring Chinese Dignitaries, End of 19th Century
Located in Saint-Ouen, FR
Silk painting figuring Chinese dignitaries on a palace interior background. The two characters are sat in front of the spectator. They are wearing large traditional clothes in the b...
Antique 1880s Asian Paintings
Continental School 19th-20th Century "Hindu Gathering" Watercolor on Silk
Located in Palm Beach, FL
Continental School 19th-20th century "Hindu Gathering" watercolor on silk Size with frame 33 x 25 in. (83.82 x 63.5 cm.)
20th Century Tapestries
Hand Painted Decorative Panel from the 19th Century
Located in Naples, IT
Decorative wall panel from the 19th century, in hand painted wood, decorated with grotesques and floral motifs. The grotesques are a type of wall decoration from the Renaissance per...
Antique Late 19th Century Italian Neoclassical Paintings
19th Century Watercolour Ettore Ascenzi "The Spanish Steps"
Located in London, GB
This is a beautiful antique watercolour study by Ettore Ascenzi of the Spanish Steps, Rome, circa 1890. The colors are incredibly vibrant for its age and the painting is in it's b...
Antique 1890s Italian Paintings
19th Century Romantic Movement Painting "The Explorer" Unsigned
Located in Vancouver, British Columbia
This original oil painting on canvas depicts a forlorn young couple sitting on/by a large rock at ocean's edge, either lost, shipwrecked, or possibly exploring. He gazes at a map, de...
Antique Mid-19th Century British Romantic Paintings