- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Jere 1978 Modern Brutalist Copper Wall or Tabletop Sculpture of Estuary w. Birds
- DimensionsHeight: 17 in. (43.18 cm)Width: 24 in. (60.96 cm)Depth: 6 in. (15.24 cm)
- StyleOrganic Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacture1978
- ConditionVery Good Original condition. No issues.
- Seller LocationMiami, FL
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU830130381512
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Miami, FL
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
Though the name Curtis Jeré is familiar to many as the maker of ebullient and eccentric modern design from the 1960s and ‘70s, relatively few are aware that it is a pseudonym for the design team of Curtis Freiler and Jerry Fels. Together, the two created some of the most striking and vivid furnishings and decorative objects of their era, from sculptures and dynamically framed mirrors, to lighting and wall decorations.
New Yorkers Freiler and Fels had collaborated for two decades on small jewelry lines before launching a design company called Artisan House in 1964. They combined variants of their names to create an artful persona — sometimes shortened to C. Jeré; the "surname" is pronounced with a rising inflection: jhayr-EH — that stood behind large-scale decorative metalwork, marked by semi-abstract petal forms with burnt and brazed edges. Fels served as head of design, and Freiler, known for his keen handiwork, was the production chief. The pair’s eclectic metalwork has captivated decorative art collectors and interior designers ever since.
The work of Curtis Jeré displays a sense of playfulness and curiosity, while drawing on inspirations and themes that include flowers, discs, geometric forms and animal figures. Freiler and Fels had a masterful ability to work with different materials, such as patinated brass and brilliant chrome.
The price of a Curtis Jeré mirror, lamp, wall-mounted sculpture or tabletop sculpture can range from $400 to $12,000, depending on the size, the rarity of the piece, the intricacy of the metalwork and the materials used in its construction. Other factors like condition can affect the perceived value and, thus, the cost of works by Curtis Jeré.
As you will see on 1stDibs, the imaginative powers of the designers of Curtis Jeré pieces were boundless, and their creations will add a dash of verve in any room.
- Paul Serste Art Deco Inspired Young Lady Wall Plaque 1940s BelgiumBy Paul SersteLocated in Miami, FLREDUCED FROM $450...By noted Belgian sculptor Paul Serste´ (1910-2000), this wall plaque sculpture is quite beautiful with its flowing kerchief covering the head of a lovely young la...Category
Vintage 1940s Belgian Art Deco Figurative SculpturesMaterials
Clay$360 Sale Price20% Off
- Hungarian Full Moon Village Scene Wall Sculpture Signed CsekoLocated in Miami, FLMore known as Cseko, Csekovszky Arpad 1931-1997, the noted Hungarian artist was famous for these ceramic or pottery wall hangings in relief of village scenes. Their three dimensional...Category
Vintage 1970s Hungarian Folk Art Decorative ArtMaterials
Ceramic, Pottery$360 Sale Price20% Off
- Monumental Modernist Brutalist Style Standing SculptureBy Frank RampollaLocated in Miami, FLREDUCED FROM $8,500.....Grand and impressive in scale, this Modernist standing sculpture is mysteriously brutal and abstract. Almost six feet tall and executed in thick copper, shape...Category
Vintage 1960s American Brutalist SculpturesMaterials
Iron, Copper$4,500 Sale Price49% Off
- Limited Edition Modernist Wall Plaque by Bertil Lundgren, Rorstrand Sweden 1970sBy Rörstrand, Bertil LundgrenLocated in Miami, FLBertil Lundgren for Rorstrand, Sweden beautiful midcentury Swedish modernist stoneware wall plaque/deep dish with an uneven square shape and hand painted in browns and blue underglaz...Category
Vintage 1970s Swedish Scandinavian Modern Decorative BowlsMaterials
Ceramic, Pottery, Stoneware$147 Sale Price34% Off
- 19th Century Classic Chased Bronze Figure of Pan or Dancer on Carved Wood BaseLocated in Miami, FLExtremely detailed and finely chased 19th century bronze figure of pan in celebration or dance perhaps in Bacchanalia. Flutes, laurel scepter raised, lion skin cloak, floral head gar...Category
Antique 19th Century Classical Roman Figurative SculpturesMaterials
Bronze$2,250 Sale Price21% Off
- 1960s Hans Schirmer Woman's Face for Achatit GermanyBy Hans SchirmerLocated in Miami, FLLovely Hans Schirmer wall hanging of a beautiful woman with swirling fabric about the head, painted in a reddish brown tint and gilt the fabric. Retaining the gold foil label of the ...Category
Vintage 1960s German Mid-Century Modern Wall-mounted SculpturesMaterials
You May Also Like
Mid-20th Century Brutalist Wall-mounted Sculptures
1990s American Mid-Century Modern Abstract Sculptures
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern Wall-mounted Sculptures
Vintage 1970s American Abstract Sculptures
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Animal Sculptures
Late 20th Century American Modern Abstract Sculptures
Metal, Brass, Copper, Stainless Steel
Vintage 1980s American Mid-Century Modern Wall-mounted Sculptures
Brass, Copper, Steel
Vintage 1970s American Brutalist Wall-mounted Sculptures
Metal, Brass, Copper
20th Century North American Brutalist Abstract Sculptures
Enamel, Brass, Copper
Vintage 1980s American Modern Wall-mounted Sculptures