Betony Vernon "Geisha Hairpins Set" Hair Brooches Sterling Silver 925
View Similar Items
Betony Vernon "Geisha Hairpins Set" Hair Brooches Sterling Silver 925
Custom ServicesAlso available on command with 18-Karat Gold spheres variations, please contact us for further information.
- Metal:Sterling Silver
- Weight:82 g
- Sold As:Set of 9
- Place of Origin:Italy
- Date of Manufacture:2020
- Seller Location:Rome, IT
- Reference Number:Seller: FL61AKIT1stDibs: LU2020210717532
About the Designer
The paradigm shift took place over lunch in Florence, Italy, circa 1992. Betony Vernon, a striking flame-haired jewelry designer, was showing off her most recent creation: the 18-karat-gold O-ring, designed with a nod to a bondage collar, with a smaller ring affixed to its front.
Playfully, Vernon's partner put his pinky through the smaller ring as she donned the larger one. Then, the unexpected happened. “There was an electric impulse running through this piece,” she recalls. “We both felt it.” The feeling changed her life. “That was the moment I knew that jewelry can provide sensation and reinforce an intimate bond.”
Enabling others to experience electric moments like that — to “bring luxury, fantasy and sensual possibilities to the fine-jewelry world” — has been Vernon's aim ever since. “Sex and luxury were never associated,” she noticed, and the jewelry designer set out to change that. The result was her 1992 Sado-Chic collection, which became the Paradise Found collection.
Vernon grew up in Virginia and studied art history, religion and goldsmithing at Virginia Commonwealth University. Following her graduation in 1990, she moved to Florence, later earning a master’s in industrial design from the Domus Academy in Milan. Europe has been home ever since.
Vernon's designs are provocative, sexy. But if you look no further than that, you’re missing a much bigger (and more interesting) point. Vernon’s rings, necklaces, bracelets and other accessories represent a vital part of what she sees as her life’s mission.
“Pleasure,” she explains, “has been associated with sin, wrongness and naughtiness, not with joy, happiness and bonding.” Vernon has set out to demolish that “pleasure taboo.”
So, how is pleasure reflected in the design of Vernon's jewelry (and remember, we are talking sensuality not sexuality)? Early in the design process, she asks, “How many senses can I turn on?” Every detail relates to a sensual experience.
That crisp snap a clasp makes when opening or closing? A pleasure to the ear.
And always, Vernon believes, jewelry embodies memory, legacy. A pleasure for the soul.
Find a collection of Betony Vernon jewelry on 1stDibs.
- Betony Vernon "Pierced Pendant" Necklace Sterling Silver 925By Betony VernonLocated in Rome, ITThe "Pierced Pendant" was designed by Betony Vernon in 1998 and manufactured in lost wax elements. Part of the iconic "Tokens of Paradise Collection", it is a symbol of virility and ...Category
1990s Italian Contemporary Chain NecklacesMaterials
Sterling Silver$970Free Shipping
- Betony Vernon "Mantra Bracelet" Sterling Silver 925 BraceletBy Betony VernonLocated in Rome, ITThe "Mantra Bracelet" is an original design by Betony Vernon made in 2018 and handcrafted in lost wax elements and a rolo chain. The "Mantra Bracelet" chain follows a pendant that ca...Category
2010s Italian Contemporary Charm BraceletsMaterials
Sterling Silver$1,024Free Shipping
- Betony Vernon "Pierced Cufflinks" Cufflinks Sterling Silver 925By Betony VernonLocated in Rome, ITThe "Pierced Cufflinks" were designed by Betony Vernon in 1998 and manufactured in lost wax elements. Part of the iconic "Tokens of Paradise Collection", they are a symbol of virilit...Category
1990s Italian Contemporary CufflinksMaterials
Sterling Silver$1,293Free Shipping
- Betony Vernon "Shag Bague" Ring Sterling Silver 925By Betony VernonLocated in Rome, ITThe "Shag Bague" was designed by Betony Vernon in 1998 to be worn on the middle finger. As other massage rings and jewel tools by Betony Vernon, this wearab...Category
1990s Italian Contemporary Cocktail RingsMaterials
Sterling Silver$3,234Free Shipping
- Betony Vernon "Finger Ring" Ring Sterling Silver 925By Betony VernonLocated in Rome, ITThe "Finger Ring" was designed in 1998 by Betony Vernon and crafted using the lost wax technique. It is part of her anatomic Second-skins collection and was exhibited during the "Tou...Category
1990s Italian Contemporary Fashion RingsMaterials
Sterling Silver$2,156Free Shipping
- Betony Vernon "Mantra Necklace" Sterling Silver 925 NecklaceBy Betony VernonLocated in Rome, ITThe "Mantra Necklace" is an original design by Betony Vernon made in 2018 and handcrafted in lost wax elements and a rolo chain. The "Mantra Necklace" ends in a pendant which can con...Category
2010s Italian Contemporary Pendant NecklacesMaterials
Sterling Silver$1,617Free Shipping
- Vintage Sterling Silver 925 Marcasite Enamel Greyhound Dog BroochLocated in New York, NYVintage Sterling Silver 925 Marcasite Enamel Greyhound Dog Brooch High Quality green number 4 with enamel baby blue number 7 with enamel in excellent condition please see photos t...Category
20th Century BroochesMaterials
Marcasite, Sterling Silver, Enamel$600Free Shipping
- Mikal-Jon Bayanihan Sterling Silver 925 Massive Modernist Pin BroochBy BayanihanLocated in Wallkill, NYVintage Mikal-Jon Bayanihan Sterling silver Brooch. This is amazing in person. Very cool Triumph style clasp on this one. Measures 3.85 in. wide x 3.25 in. long. ** This is out of ...Category
Vintage 1980s Spanish BroochesMaterials
Sterling Silver$850Free Shipping
- Rhodium Plated 925 Sterling Silver with Enamels Clownfish Shaped BroochBy Cameo Italiano - Diluca S.R.LLocated in Marcianise, ITRhodium plated 925 sterling silver with enamels Clownfish shaped brooch. Elegant brooch made in 925 sterling silve plated with black rhodium and embellished with synthetic ruby corundum stone and white...Category
2010s Italian Arts and Crafts BroochesMaterials
Zircon, Rhodium, Sterling Silver, Enamel
- Art Nouveau Maiden Woman Flower Brooch Sterling Silver Flowing HairLocated in New York, NYThis is a stunning Sterling Silver Art Nouveau Brooch in the form of a Maiden Woman with extraordinary flowing hair encircling her face adorned with gorgeous flowers and buds. The b...Category
Early 20th Century Unknown Art Nouveau BroochesMaterials
Silver, Sterling Silver$895Free Shipping
- Mauricette Pinoteau 1980 Limoges Round Enamel Brooch In .925 Sterling SilverBy Mauricette PinoteauLocated in Miami, FLModernist enamel brooch designed by Mauricette Pinoteau. A stunning very romantic pin brooch created in Limoges France by the enamelist artist Mauricette Pinoteau. Crafted as an uni...Category
Late 20th Century French Modernist BroochesMaterials
Silver, Sterling Silver, Copper, Enamel
- Handcrafted Real Emerald Floral Brooch in 925 Sterling Silver, Christmas GiftLocated in Houston, TXIntroducing Handcrafted Real Emerald Floral Brooch Made in Sterling Silver which is a fusion of surrealism and pop-art, designed to make a bold statement. Crafted with love and atten...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Art Nouveau BroochesMaterials
Emerald, Silver, Sterling Silver$340 Sale Price / item20% OffFree Shipping