- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Vintage Buccellati Cabochon Amethyst 18k Two-Tone Gold Apple Brooch Pin
About the Item
- Stone Cut:Mixed Cut
- Weight:16.6 g
- Dimensions:Width: 0.36 in (9 mm)Length: 1.42 in (36 mm)
- Place of Origin:Italy
- Date of Manufacture:1960
- Seller Location:Miami, FL
- Reference Number:Seller: 11410021stDibs: LU41219335912
In 1919, Mario Buccellati (1891–1965) launched his eponymous jewelry house with the opening of his first shop in Milan and quickly built a reputation for his richly embellished traforato, or finely pierced goldwork. The Ancona, Italy–born jeweler’s workmanship was in a class of its own. His pieces were exquisite, yet the gemstones themselves were never too flashy, elevated instead by the designs’ intricate metalsmithing.
A love of tradition set Mario and his fine jewelry house apart in the competitive Italian market and remains a point of pride for the family, which is still closely tied to the business even as it is now owned by Richemont, a luxury conglomerate that also counts Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels among its subsidiaries.
A young Mario Buccellati apprenticed with famed goldsmith Beltrami e Besnati in the early 1900s, although many of the goldsmithing techniques synonymous with Buccellati go as far back as the Italian Renaissance. The family lineage is also said to include 18th-century jeweler Contardo Buccellati. Owing to the founder’s advanced metalworking skills, the brand is known for designs that feature metal with the delicacy of lace and draw on the wonders of the natural world. The house’s work is typified by intricate gemstone settings that emphasize their natural color and dense engraving techniques that transform the texture of gold.
One of the time-honored engraving techniques that has come to characterize Buccellati’s work — techniques that require apprenticeships and training in the fine jeweler’s workshops — is called rigato. It involves the engraving of a precious metal with a series of parallel lines to achieve a fabric-like effect.
Rigato is on luminous display in the house’s Macri collection of earrings, cuff bracelets and other accessories. A painstaking attention to detail is pronounced in the celebrated Macri, Bartolomeo and Unica collections — witness the striking honeycomb motif, a house signature, that characterizes the Unica collection’s Caterina bracelet, for example. The Macri collection was the work of Mario’s son, Gianmaria Buccellati, an award-winning jeweler and internationally renowned silversmith who worked to bring the brand to the global stage by overseeing the opening of boutiques in Tokyo, Paris, California and elsewhere.
In 1951, Mario opened his first store in New York City; today the company operates boutiques worldwide. In 2019, the company celebrated its centennial with a new flagship in Paris and the Vintage collection, which features some of its most enduring designs.
On 1stDibs, find a collection of authentic Buccellati jewelry, including earrings, necklaces, rings and other accessories.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Miami, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
- Buccellati Vintage No Heat Blue Sapphire 18k Gold Floral Square Brooch PinBy Mario BuccellatiLocated in Miami, FLThis Extraordinary rectangular Vintage Buccellati Diamond and Sapphire Brooch. This piece was crafted in Luxurious 18K yellow gold. Measuring approx. 33 mm x 25 mm, this brooch ...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Retro BroochesMaterials
Blue Sapphire, 18k Gold$12,799Free Shipping
- Buccellati Vintage Emerald Sapphire Yellow Gold Floral Pin BroochBy BuccellatiLocated in Miami, FLhis artfully designed and meticulously crafted pin brooch with unsurpassed antique flair is an authentic work of the Italian designer Buccellati, rendered in 18-karat yellow gold, we...Category
Vintage 1950s Italian BroochesMaterials
Emerald, Sapphire, 18k Gold$9,999Free Shipping
- 1960's Vintage Diamond 18K Gold Platinum Penguin Pin BroochLocated in Miami, FLVintage Diamond 18K Gold platinum Penguin Pin Brooch Crafted in solid 18K yellow gold and solid platinum, featuring (29) Genuine Diamonds round-cut, pave-...Category
Vintage 1960s BroochesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Platinum$4,799Free Shipping
- Vintage Diamond Coral 18 Karat Gold Scorpion Oval Cabochon Pin BroochLocated in Miami, FLScorpions symbolize ardency, rebirth and protection, so bring some passion and transformation in your life with this stunning Vintage Diamond 18K Gold Scorpion...Category
Vintage 1960s Retro BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Coral, 18k Gold
- Lindsay & Co. Vintage Emerald Platinum 18K Gold Frog Brooch PinBy LindsayLocated in Miami, FLA true masterpiece from Ralph K. Lindsay & Jerome Hoenig, Lindsay & co. was founded in 1943, and it is characterized for combining metals on their pieces. Inspired by a Frog Motif,...Category
1990s American Retro BroochesMaterials
Emerald, 18k Gold, Platinum$4,999Free Shipping
- Vintage 1960's Diamond 18K Gold Parisian Rope Bouquet Brooch PinLocated in Miami, FLThis vintage Reto diamond brooch pi with bouquet inspired is crafted in solid 18k yellow gold. It composed by (44) round-cut, prong-set, Diamonds weighing approximately 3.30 arats (H...Category
Vintage 1960s Retro BroochesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$5,399Free Shipping
- Buccellati 18K Yellow Gold Leaf Brooch PinBy BuccellatiLocated in Los Angeles, CA100% Authentic, 100% Customer Satisfaction Height: 42.8 mm Width: 21.5 mm Metal: 18K Yellow Gold Hallmarks: Buccellati 750 Total Weight: 5.5 Grams Stone: None Condition: PreO...Category
Mid-20th Century Italian BroochesMaterials
18k Gold$2,700Free Shipping
- Tiffany & Co Amethyst Brooch Pin Vase 18K Gold VintageBy Tiffany & Co.Located in East Brunswick, NJThis authentic Tiffany & Co brooch is finely crafted in solid 18K Yellow Gold in the shape of a vase. Rare and unique, highly collectible. Twenty three natural Earth mined Amethyst beads measure 5mm each. These gems of a high quality are very clean and transparent. The satin gold vase measures 1-3/4 inches high x 1-1/8 inches wide. The whole brooch including amethyst stems...Category
20th Century BroochesMaterials
Amethyst, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$5,200Free Shipping
- Diamond Two Tone Gold Brooch PinLocated in New York, NY18k white and yellow gold brooch, decorated with approx. 2.80ctw in diamonds. Brooch measures 3.25" x 1.25". Marked 18k. Weight - 28.1 grams.Category
20th Century BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Gold$9,000Free Shipping
- Buccellati Carved Amethyst Cameo Enamel Diamond Gold Brooch PinBy BuccellatiLocated in Beverly Hills, CAGorgeous cameo brooch created by Buccellati in Italy in the 1970's. Beautiful carved on amethyst woman's profile, tasteful color combination, delicate gold and rose cut diamond frame...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian BroochesMaterials
Amethyst, Diamond, 18k Gold, White Gold, Yellow Gold$12,500Free Shipping
- Vintage 14K Yellow Gold Oval Cabochon Amethyst Graduated Moonstone Pin BroochLocated in Montclair, NJThis is a truly gorgeous vintage pin brooch crafted in solid 14k yellow gold that features a nice bold design. It carries a fine quality amethyst neatly set at the center surrounded ...Category
Vintage 1980s BroochesMaterials
Amethyst, Moonstone, 14k Gold, Yellow Gold
- Vintage 18k Gold Multi Prong Agate & Cabochon Coral Modernist Large Brooch PinLocated in Montclair, NJYou are looking at a simply marvelous vintage pin brooch crafted from solid 18k yellow gold and features an elegant design of a multi-prong set oval agate at the center with a round ...Category
Vintage 1970s Retro BroochesMaterials
Agate, Coral, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold
Recently ViewedView More
See Why Buccellati’s Intricate Jewels Have Been Coveted for More Than a Century
A deluxe new book explores the celebrated fifth-generation Italian jeweler’s heritage and inimitable style.
The Best Ways to Dress for Your Astrological Sign
Makeup and astrology expert Linda Mason dispenses fashion advice for every zodiac sign. Does your wardrobe match your horoscope?
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery