- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Pair of Earrings Signed Buccellati in 18 Carat Yellow Gold
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: SAINT-OUEN-SUR-SEINE, France
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Designer
In 1919, Mario Buccellati (1891–1965) launched his eponymous jewelry house with the opening of his first shop in Milan and quickly built a reputation for his richly embellished traforato, or finely pierced goldwork. The Ancona, Italy–born jeweler’s workmanship was in a class of its own. His pieces were exquisite, yet the gemstones themselves were never too flashy, elevated instead by the designs’ intricate metalsmithing.
A love of tradition set Mario and his fine jewelry house apart in the competitive Italian market and remains a point of pride for the family, which is still closely tied to the business even as it is now owned by Richemont, a luxury conglomerate that also counts Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels among its subsidiaries.
A young Mario Buccellati apprenticed with famed goldsmith Beltrami e Besnati in the early 1900s, although many of the goldsmithing techniques synonymous with Buccellati go as far back as the Italian Renaissance. The family lineage is also said to include 18th-century jeweler Contardo Buccellati. Owing to the founder’s advanced metalworking skills, the brand is known for designs that feature metal with the delicacy of lace and draw on the wonders of the natural world. The house’s work is typified by intricate gemstone settings that emphasize their natural color and dense engraving techniques that transform the texture of gold.
One of the time-honored engraving techniques that has come to characterize Buccellati’s work — techniques that require apprenticeships and training in the fine jeweler’s workshops — is called rigato. It involves the engraving of a precious metal with a series of parallel lines to achieve a fabric-like effect.
Rigato is on luminous display in the house’s Macri collection of earrings, cuff bracelets and other accessories. A painstaking attention to detail is pronounced in the celebrated Macri, Bartolomeo and Unica collections — witness the striking honeycomb motif, a house signature, that characterizes the Unica collection’s Caterina bracelet, for example. The Macri collection was the work of Mario’s son, Gianmaria Buccellati, an award-winning jeweler and internationally renowned silversmith who worked to bring the brand to the global stage by overseeing the opening of boutiques in Tokyo, Paris, California and elsewhere.
In 1951, Mario opened his first store in New York City; today the company operates boutiques worldwide. In 2019, the company celebrated its centennial with a new flagship in Paris and the Vintage collection, which features some of its most enduring designs.
- 6,19 Carat of Blue Saphirs and Diamonds, 18 Carat Gold Cocktail RingLocated in SAINT-OUEN-SUR-SEINE, FR18 carat yellow gold cocktail ring , set with 7 sapphires totaling 6,19 carats, paved with 0,21 carat of brilliants total weight of the ring: 6.94 grams ring size: 52 or 6Category
1990s French Modern Cocktail RingsMaterials
Blue Sapphire, Gold$5,830Free Shipping
- Diamonds Paving 2 Carat, 18 Carat White Gold Cocktail RingLocated in SAINT-OUEN-SUR-SEINE, FRImportante bague en or 18 carat sertie de diamants taille ancienne pour 2 carat en totalité , environ . datant du debut du 20 ème Siècle , ce modèle originale pèse 9,75 grammes . tai...Category
Vintage 1920s French Art Deco Cocktail RingsMaterials
Diamond, White Gold$5,512Free Shipping
- Engagement ring in 18 carat gold set with emeralds and pavé diamondsLocated in SAINT-OUEN-SUR-SEINE, FREngagement ring in 18 carat gold set with emeralds and pavé diamonds Élegant ring in the spirit of "daisy" rings, set with superb bright green emeralds and paved with brilliants. the...Category
Vintage 1980s European Art Deco Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, Gold$4,860Free Shipping
- Engagement Ring in 18 Carat Gold Set with Calibrated Rubies and DiamondsLocated in SAINT-OUEN-SUR-SEINE, FRengagement ring in 18 carat gold set with calibrated rubies and diamonds Very elegant ring in 18 ct gold, calibrated rubies, with a paving of diamonds for 0.40 carats extremely flat...Category
Late 20th Century European Art Deco Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, Gold$5,088Free Shipping
- 2 Carat Diamonds Paving, 18 Carat White Gold Cocktail Ring, "Flower"Located in SAINT-OUEN-SUR-SEINE, FR18 carat white gold ring, 2 carats of old-cut diamonds approximately in total, 1960 era. Very pretty volumes with a flower theme, total weight: 7.20 grams ring size: 54 or 7Category
Vintage 1950s French Romantic Cocktail RingsMaterials
Diamond, White Gold$5,088Free Shipping
- 3,12 Carat diamonds paving, 18 Carat White Gold Cocktail RingLocated in SAINT-OUEN-SUR-SEINE, FRSpectacular "flower model" Cocktail Ring in 18 Carat , white gold, paved with diamonds totaling approximately 3.12 ct. The total weight of this ring is 9.63 grams. size: 6.5 or 54 re...Category
1990s French Modern Cocktail RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$9,116Free Shipping
- 18K Yellow Gold Buccellati Hawaii Hanging EarringsBy BuccellatiLocated in Palm Beach, FLThis classic and very aesthetic pair of 18k Yellow Gold Buccellati Hawaii hanging earrings are comprised of three sets of four delicate round wire links. Measures 5/8 inch diameter a...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Modern Dangle EarringsMaterials
Yellow Gold, 18k Gold$6,500Free Shipping
- 31 Carat Marquise Cut Ruby Fringe Chandelier Earrings in 18k Yellow GoldLocated in New York, NYA unique and fashionable pair of earrings showcasing a rose gold hoop set with marquise cut rubies, accented with a fringe chandelier design of more rubies. Made in 18k yellow gold. ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Contemporary Chandelier EarringsMaterials
Ruby, Yellow Gold, 18k Gold$31,200Free Shipping
- Fancy Yellow Asscher Diamond Dangle Earrings in 18k Yellow GoldLocated in Los Angeles, CABeautiful 10.00 ct. fancy yellow asscher cut diamonds in handmade 18k yellow gold mountings. VS quality. Made well with attention to detail. Perfect for any occasion.Category
21st Century and Contemporary Dangle EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Yellow Gold$23,000Free Shipping
- 10.40 Carat Sapphire Diamond 18 Karat Yellow Gold EarringsBy DGILocated in Los Angeles, CASimply beautiful delicate, dainty and glamorous Sapphire Diamond Earrings made in 18 Karat Yellow Gold. The Multi-Colored Sapphires weigh 9.96 Carats and have 10 Round Cut Diamonds...Category
2010s American Contemporary Dangle EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Sapphire, Yellow Gold, 18k Gold$5,580 Sale Price18% OffFree Shipping
- 1960s Etruscan Style 8 Carat Amethyst 18 Karat Yellow Gold EarringsLocated in Poitiers, FREarrings in 18 karats yellow gold. Inspired by Etruscan jewels, these dangle earrings are each set with a pear-cut amethyst set within a slightly amati and chiseled gold setting. The...Category
Vintage 1960s Etruscan Revival Chandelier EarringsMaterials
Amethyst, Gold, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$3,498Free Shipping
- Chandelier Ruby & Diamond Earrings Made in 18k Yellow GoldBy Artisan NYCLocated in New York, NY"18KT:10.100g, Diamond:1.60ct, Ruby:3.04ct, Size: 62X17"Category
21st Century and Contemporary Indian Art Nouveau Dangle EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Ruby, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$4,200Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
See Why Buccellati’s Intricate Jewels Have Been Coveted for More Than a Century
A deluxe new book explores the celebrated fifth-generation Italian jeweler’s heritage and inimitable style.
The Best Ways to Dress for Your Astrological Sign
Makeup and astrology expert Linda Mason dispenses fashion advice for every zodiac sign. Does your wardrobe match your horoscope?