This incredible choker so typical of 1960s Italian showmanship is a playful example of the style of Coppola e Toppo. Bruno and Lyda Coppola created magnificent and highly distinctive jewellery from their workshops in Milan, from the late 1940s, continuing successfully until the mid Seventies. Highly successful in their own right, both in Europe and in particular the USA, with their own lines, they designed many pieces for the haute couture designers such as Elsa Schiaparelli, Valentino, Emilio Pucci, Christian Dior, Yves Saint Laurent, Ken Scott and Roberta di Camerino. The piece sits flush to the neck and because of the intricate basketry style of the beading is surprisingly comfortable to wear. The choice of Lucite as opposed to all glass gives it a wearable weight. This piece is very much evening or event wear.
- Place of originItaly
- Date of manufacturec.1960
- ConditionFair. On close inspection there is a small amount of wear to the green lucite beads but this is not remotely evident when worn. The choker can be worn anywhere from 13.75" to 16" because of the extender..
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
W 3.5 in. x D 1.5 in. x L 16 in.
W 8.89 cm x D 3.81 cm x L 40.64 cm
- Length16 in. (40.64 cm)
- Weight225 g
- Seller locationLondon, GB
- Seller reference numberFBC0006
- Reference numberv3092150930927693fs
Shipping, Returns & Payment
About the Seller
1stdibs seller since 2015
Typical response time: 4 hrs
Located in London, GB
You may also contact the seller by phone
Why Shop on 1stdibs?
Only Vetted, Professional Sellers
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Fully Insured Global Deliveries
You May Also Like