Lanvin Stunning Choker Necklace in Silver Plated Metal with Charms
About the Item
The career of Jeanne Lanvin (1867–1946) and her eponymous brand began with a millinery apprenticeship in the late 19th century. Today, Lanvin Paris is a globally revered company and is among the oldest French fashion houses still in existence. It is renowned for its exquisite and sought-after vintage evening dresses, shoes, skirts and other garments and accessories and for having dressed such high-profile celebrities as Meryl Streep, Natalie Portman, Kim Kardashian and Sienna Miller.
In 1889, when her apprenticeship came to an end, the young French designer Jeanne Lanvin opened a custom hat shop on the rue Boissy d’Anglas in Paris. Four years later, she moved her business into a much more prominent space on the rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, one of the world’s most famous luxury fashion districts. The new Maison Lanvin was big enough to display the pieces she would design for her daughter, Marguerite, who was born in 1897. The relationship between Lanvin and her daughter would be at the core of the brand, with a 1907 photograph of Jeanne and Marguerite in matching outfits inspiring the fashion house’s enduring logo.
In 1908, Lanvin launched a line of children’s clothing, one of the first such moves in high-end fashion. When mothers came in to buy the clothes, they often asked for similar designs for themselves. Lanvin decided to introduce a women’s wear line with pieces that had a youthful femininity. This would grow to encompass everyday clothing, evening dresses, coats, lingerie and furs, as well as menswear, perfume and household items. Once she became a member of the Chambre Syndicale de la Couture (Parisian Fashion Council) in 1909, her title officially switched from milliner to designer.
Along with her stylish designs, Lanvin identified the importance of brand identity through fabric colors, opening a dye factory in Nanterre, France. There the distinctive “Lanvin blue” was produced, so even if her designs were copied, the colors could never be exactly reproduced.
After Jeanne Lanvin's death, her daughter, Marguerite Marie-Blanche de Polignac, took over and a series of talented artistic directors would propel the brand through the trends of the 20th century, including Jules François Crahay, Dominique Morlotti, Alber Elbaz and, most recently, Bruno Sialelli. In 2018, Lanvin was acquired by the Fosun Fashion Group, which is now focused on celebrating Lanvin’s heritage while pushing it into a new chapter.
Find vintage Lanvin Paris clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Paris, France
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- CHRISTIAN LACROIX Vintage Heart Choker in Silver Plate MetalBy Christian LacroixLocated in Paris, FRCHRISTIAN LACROIX Heart Choker in Silver Plate Metal set with turquoise stone. Vintage jewel in very good condition. Made in France. Dimensions: total length of the ribbon 33 cm. Bro...Category
Late 20th Century French Choker NecklacesMaterials
Turquoise, Silver Plate
- MARGUERITE de VALOIS Choker Necklace with Rhinestones and Molten GlassBy Marguerite de ValoisLocated in Paris, FRMARGUERITE de VALOIS choker necklace with rhinestones and molten glass. This couture jewel was made in the Parisian workshops MARGUERITE de VALOIS. Set with rhinestones on gold meta...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Choker NecklacesMaterials
- Loulou de la Falaise Choker Necklace in Gilded Metal, Dove Pendant and BrilliantBy Loulou de la FalaiseLocated in Paris, FRVintage. Loulou de La Falaise choker necklace in golden metal set all around with Swarovski brilliants. It was manufactured at the time by the House Gripoix. The pendant represents a...Category
Late 20th Century Unknown Choker NecklacesMaterials
- CHANEL Chain And Tweed BreastplateBy ChanelLocated in Paris, FRThe breastplate comes from Maison CHANEL. Triangular in shape, it is made up of silver metal chains which intertwine tweed in shades of green, silver and black. This piece is from a ...Category
2010s French Choker NecklacesFree Shipping
- Chanel Choker Necklace 7 Golden Chains and Central Large CCBy ChanelLocated in Paris, FRRare piece! Choker necklace composed of 7 fine gold-plated metal chains and a monumental central jewel representing a large CC, a branch of coral, rhinestones diamonds and rubies. ...Category
2010s French Chain NecklacesMaterials
Other, Gilt Metal
- Marguerite de Valois Choker Necklace in Gold Plated Metal and Molten GlassBy Marguerite de ValoisLocated in Paris, FRSuperb jewel. Marguerite de Valois choker necklace in gold-plated metal, set with rhinestones and flower in amethyst-colored molten glass. New condition. The Maison Marguerite de V...Category
2010s French Choker NecklacesMaterials
- Vintage 1990's Christian Dior John Galliano Third Eye Chakra Choker NecklaceBy John Galliano for Christian DiorLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: 1990's Christian Dior by John Galliano CONDITION: Good- minor chipping to black paint FABRIC: Unknown metal COUNTRY: France...Category
1990s French Choker Necklaces
- Vintage S/S 1999 Christian Dior by John Galliano Antique Bronze Choker NecklaceBy John Galliano for Christian DiorLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: S/S 1999 Christian Dior by John Galliano CONDITION: Good- tarnishing that just goes along with the antique finish COUNTRY M...Category
1990s French Choker Necklaces
- S/S 1993 Christian Dior Black Velvet Goth Princess Crystal Choker NecklaceBy Gianfranco Ferré for Christian DiorLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: S/S 1993 Christian Dior by Gianfranco Ferre CONDITION: Good- light wear FABRIC: Leather lined in ve...Category
1990s Choker Necklaces
- C. 2003 Christian Dior by John Galliano Large Silver Tone Collar Bone NecklaceBy John Galliano for Christian DiorLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: Circa 2003 Christian Dior by John Galliano CONDITION: Good- has scratches FABRIC: Silver tone metal COUNTRY MADE: Unknown 1...Category
Early 2000s Chain Necklaces
- S/S 1999 Christian Dior by John Galliano Masai Large Gold Choker NecklaceBy John Galliano for Christian DiorLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: S/S 1999 Christian Dior by John Galliano CONDITION: Good FABRIC: Unknown COUNTRY: France MEASUREMEN...Category
1990s Choker Necklaces
- S/S 2004 Christian Dior by John Galliano Large Pearl Logo Charm Necklace ChokerBy John Galliano for Christian DiorLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: F/W 2000 John Galliano CONDITION: Good- light wear to a few faux pearls FABRIC: Faux Pearl & Other COUNTRY MADE: France SIZ...Category
Early 2000s French Choker Necklaces
Recently ViewedView All
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery