- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Lanvin Vintage Lip Surreal Necklace, c.2010
About the Item
The career of Jeanne Lanvin (1867–1946) and her eponymous brand began with a millinery apprenticeship in the late 19th century. Today, Lanvin Paris is a globally revered company and is among the oldest French fashion houses still in existence. It is renowned for its exquisite and sought-after vintage evening dresses, shoes, skirts and other garments and accessories and for having dressed such high-profile celebrities as Meryl Streep, Natalie Portman, Kim Kardashian and Sienna Miller.
In 1889, when her apprenticeship came to an end, the young French designer Jeanne Lanvin opened a custom hat shop on the rue Boissy d’Anglas in Paris. Four years later, she moved her business into a much more prominent space on the rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, one of the world’s most famous luxury fashion districts. The new Maison Lanvin was big enough to display the pieces she would design for her daughter, Marguerite, who was born in 1897. The relationship between Lanvin and her daughter would be at the core of the brand, with a 1907 photograph of Jeanne and Marguerite in matching outfits inspiring the fashion house’s enduring logo.
In 1908, Lanvin launched a line of children’s clothing, one of the first such moves in high-end fashion. When mothers came in to buy the clothes, they often asked for similar designs for themselves. Lanvin decided to introduce a women’s wear line with pieces that had a youthful femininity. This would grow to encompass everyday clothing, evening dresses, coats, lingerie and furs, as well as menswear, perfume and household items. Once she became a member of the Chambre Syndicale de la Couture (Parisian Fashion Council) in 1909, her title officially switched from milliner to designer.
Along with her stylish designs, Lanvin identified the importance of brand identity through fabric colors, opening a dye factory in Nanterre, France. There the distinctive “Lanvin blue” was produced, so even if her designs were copied, the colors could never be exactly reproduced.
After Jeanne Lanvin's death, her daughter, Marguerite Marie-Blanche de Polignac, took over and a series of talented artistic directors would propel the brand through the trends of the 20th century, including Jules François Crahay, Dominique Morlotti, Alber Elbaz and, most recently, Bruno Sialelli. In 2018, Lanvin was acquired by the Fosun Fashion Group, which is now focused on celebrating Lanvin’s heritage while pushing it into a new chapter.
Find vintage Lanvin Paris clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Verviers - Belgium, Belgium
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Massive LANVIN Spring 2010 Enamel Snake Coiled Medusa NecklaceBy Lanvin ParisLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceMassive LANVIN Spring 2010 Enamel Snake Coiled Medusa Necklace Measurement: Height: 5.51 inches (14 cm) Wearable Length: 15.35 inches (39 cm) to 16.53 inches (42 cm) Features: - 10...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French More Necklaces
- LANVIN Panther NecklaceBy Lanvin ParisLocated in Paris, FRSuperb panther necklace in black resin, rhinestones and ribbon from the house of Lanvin. Satin black grosgrain ribbon tie. Two panther heads connected by a ring and decorated with rh...Category
2010s French More Necklaces$1,663Free Shipping
- Pre-Loved Lanvin Women's Linen Ruffled Off Shoulder DressLocated in London, GBCONDITION is Good. Some wear and pilling to fabric is evident. Loose threads on ribbon and slight discoloration on this used Lanvin designer resale item. Details 2015 model Red Linen...Category
21st Century and Contemporary British Sheath Dresses
- Maison Gripoix Vintage Red and Green Flower Dangling Earrings Circa 1980sBy Maison GripoixLocated in New York, NYMaison Gripoix Vintage Red and Green Flower Dangling Earrings Set in Gold Tone. These are some of the most gorgeous earrings I have in the collection. The colors of course and the w...Category
Vintage 1980s French Artist Clip-on EarringsMaterials
Mixed Metal$1,725Free Shipping
- Lanvin Vintage Gold Toned Knot Bar BroochBy Lanvin ParisLocated in Nice, FRLANVIN Paris vintage gold toned knot bar brooch. Embossed LANVIN Paris. Indicative measurements : length approx. 5 cm (1.97 inches) / max. width approx 1 cm (0.39 inch). JEWELRY ...Category
20th Century French Brooches$177Free Shipping
- Antique 4.92 Carat Diamond and Yellow Gold Silver Set Collarette, Circa 1890Located in Jesmond, Newcastle Upon TyneA stunning, fine and impressive antique Victorian 4.92 carat diamond and 9 karat yellow gold, silver set collarette; part of our diverse necklace collection. This stunning, fine and...Category
Antique 1890s Victorian Choker NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, 9k Gold, Yellow Gold, Silver$10,765Free Shipping
- Kabana Opal Inlay and Diamond Necklace Yellow Gold, 14 Karat Collar Women'sBy KabanaLocated in Greensboro, NCBrand: Kabana Metal Content: Guaranteed 14k Gold as stamped Stone Information: Natural Opal Inlay Natural Diamonds Clarity: VS1 Color: G Cut: Round Brilliant Total Carats: 0....Category
20th Century Unknown More NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Opal, 14k Gold, Yellow Gold$4,200Free Shipping
- Emil Meister Sapphire and Diamond-set Gold NecklaceLocated in Litchfield, CTCirca 1980s, 18k, by Emil Meister, Zurich, Switzerland. Set with an incredible 60.0 carats of superb sapphires in five stunning colors and 4.0 carats of brilliant white diamonds (G ...Category
Vintage 1980s Swiss More NecklacesMaterials
White Diamond, Blue Sapphire, Pink Sapphire, Yellow Sapphire, Green Sapp...$80,000Free Shipping
- Wefferling Berry Art Deco Rose Green Gold NecklaceLocated in Stamford, CTRetro Art Deco rose and green gold 16 inch necklace. Circa 1940. Rose and green gold domed fan shaped links. Rose and green gold domed fan shaped links Stamped: 14k for Wefferling...Category
Early 20th Century Choker NecklacesMaterials
Gold, 14k Gold, Rose Gold, Yellow Gold$4,995Free Shipping
- Vintage Italian 14 Karat Yellow Gold Curblink NecklaceLocated in Beverly Hills, CAOne Vintage Italian Yellow Gold Curblink Necklace. Crafted in 14 karat yellow gold, with Italian hallmarks. Circa 1970s. The necklace measures 16 1/4 inches in length. About this I...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Choker NecklacesMaterials
14k Gold, Yellow Gold$5,850Free Shipping
- Belle Epoqué Diamond and Seed Pearl Choker French, circa 1910Located in Firenze, ITThe central panels with applied rose-cut diamond to the diamond collet suspending a seed pearl and diamond tassel all to the articulated seed pearl and link back chain, circa 1900,...Category
Antique Early 1900s French Belle Époque Choker NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Pearl, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold, Silver$16,081Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery