Turquoise Necklace Art Deco Scarce Disk Bead Form
In my many years of collecting jewelry, I have never come across a necklace quite like this one. The 16.5-inch choker-length necklace is composed of 164 approximately disks of fine, natural and un-treated turquoise disk beads, measuring approximately 12mm im diameter and varying in thickness from around 1.4mm to 3mm. Each disk of turquoise is unique. Some are robin’s egg blue, others are a darker sky blue with matrix and still others are various tones of green. I believe there is some Pilot Mountain Turquoise here. But I must admit: I'm not certain from how many different mines these turquoise gems originate. This may well be a specimen necklace, showcasing turquoise from several American mines because there are several disks of what I feel almost certain are Sleeping Beauty turquoise and I think there are several Morenci disks. What I know for sure? It's a necklace of extraordinary beauty and uniqueness. The screw clasp is brass and tooled with deeply engraved rings so that it mirrors the lines created by the turquoise beads. Originally this necklace was threaded on old string in danger of breaking under the weight of this heavy (91 grams) piece. It has been professionally re-strung on twin threads of durable silk with knots hand-tied between each of the beads to prevent them from rubbing against each other, thus preserving the necklace for the next generation and beyond. Though the disks show the soft wear one would expect after nearly a century of wear, not one of the turquoise disks is cracked or otherwise damaged. This speaks to both the high-quality of turquoise stone used in the creation of this necklace but also the care with which it was worn and stored when not being worn. Unique and strikingly modern, this Art Deco turquoise necklace is so uniquely chic.
- In the Style Of
- Place of OriginUnknown
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1930s
- Condition DetailsExcellent condition with no cracked or damaged turquoise beads. Freshly restrung on silk.
- WearWear consistent with age and use.
- DimensionsD 16.5 in.D 419.1 mm
- Length16.5 in. (419.1 mm)
- Weight91.93 g
- Seller LocationSouthbury, CT
- Reference NumberLU158918771201
Buyer Protection Guaranteed
Our Promise To You: If you're not happy with the way an item arrived, we'll work with you and the seller to reach an optimal resolution. Read more
Shipping, Returns & Payment
- ShippingFree ShippingStandardto anywhere in the world, arrives in 8-17 days.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Shipping methods are determined by item size, type, fragility and specific characteristics.Shipping costs are calculated based on carrier rates, delivery distance and packing complexity.
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.See Details
- Online Payment Methods1stdibs accepts the following payment methods
- Item InvoiceGenerate an invoice that you can customize and print.
About the Seller
5 / 5
1stdibs seller since 2019
Typical response time: 1 hour
Located in Southbury, CT
More From This Seller
Turquoise Bead Necklace, circa 1900
Antique Early 1900s Late Victorian
Art Deco Silver Collar Necklace
Vintage 1930s Art Deco
You May Also Like
Turquoise Beads Gold Necklace
Beverly Hills, CA
Late 20th Century Contemporary
Edwardian Coral Beaded Necklace
Chipping Campden, GB
Vintage 1910s Edwardian
1970s Natural Turquoise Beaded Necklace
Florentine Yellow Gold Bead Necklace
Los Angeles, CA
Vintage 1950s Modern
Antique Art Deco Pearl Necklace with Sapphire C...
Vintage 1920s Art Deco
Antique Inlaid Turquoise Gold Wire Choker Necklace
Antique Late 19th Century Art Nouveau
Multi-Color Tourmaline Bead Choker Necklace
21st Century and Contemporary