HENRY DUNAY Coral and Diamond Ring
View Similar Items
HENRY DUNAY Coral and Diamond Ring
About the Item
Henry Dunay is one of the finest goldsmiths and jewelry makers of the 20th century. The seasoned American designer has for decades created exquisite jewelry by hand that is characterized by bold proportions and precise craftsmanship. Dunay’s breathtaking brooches, bracelets, rings and other accessories have garnered worldwide renown and — on the secondary market — are being reappraised by collectors as icons of contemporary design.
Dunay was born Henry Loniewski in Jersey City, New Jersey, and apprenticed for a downtown New York City jeweler named Rudolph Cacioli in his early teens. He spent a little less than seven years working under Cacioli, and set off to open his own business in 1956. He took on his mother's maiden name Dunay, believing his family name would be an obstacle to his success. At first, Dunay secured work designing pieces for other jewelers, including Harry Winston, one of the first figures in the field to recognize the branding power of lending glitzy fine jewelry for red-carpet events. As his skill set broadened, Dunay began handcrafting his own designs and built a name for himself.
Dunay’s business exploded thanks to the publicity around the De Beers Diamonds International Award he won in 1967. From then on, his fame grew and demand increased for his unique adornments, which feature distinctive metal finishes as well as blue sapphires, pavé set diamonds and a range of other gems. Dunay went on to win more awards from De Beers Diamonds and a wealth of other national and international awards throughout his career.
Dunay garnered acclaim for a sophisticated engraved-surface technique he calls Sabi, which draws on the traditional Japanese philosophy of wabi-sabi, and iconic figures such as Elizabeth Taylor, Nancy Reagan and Princess Diana all wore his elegant pieces for public appearances. At the 2003 Academy Awards, many celebrities donned Dunay’s Dove of Peace pin, commissioned by Global Vision for Peace and inspired by the work of Pablo Picasso. The designer is a member of the Gemological Institute of America and a past president of the American Jewelry Design Council. In 2009, he sold his company and later established H.D.D., Inc.
- Henry Dunay Gold RingBy Henry DunayLocated in New York, NYHenry Dunay 18 karat yellow gold ring. Serial no. B1125. Marked: Dunay / 18K / 750 / B1125. Total weight: 24.6 grams. Size 6. Thickest band width: 1.8 cm.Category
Vintage 1980s Band RingsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$4,500Free Shipping
- Henry Dunay Platinum Baroque Pearl and Diamond RingBy Henry DunayLocated in Houston, TXHenry Dunay platinum ring featuring a large baroque pearl surrounded by diamonds. There are 82 round diamonds surrounding the pearl which total 3.28 ca...Category
Late 20th Century American Cocktail RingsMaterials
Diamond, Pearl, Platinum$19,800Free Shipping
- Henry Dunay 18 Karat RingBy Henry DunayLocated in Houston, TXHenry Dunay ring in 18K yellow gold with the Sabi finish known to Dunay. Marked on the inside "Dunay 18K E1671 750". Measures 1 1/8 inches long, 3/4 inches wide and stands 9/16 in...Category
Mid-20th Century American Cocktail RingsMaterials
18k Gold$3,850Free Shipping
- Henry Dunay Hammered Textured Geometric Band Ring in 18 Karat Yellow GoldBy Henry DunayLocated in Scottsdale, AZRing size: 7.25 Uniquely textured hammered 18 karat yellow gold band ring by American jewelry designer, Henry Dunay. The contemporary geometric design offers understated sophisticat...Category
Late 20th Century American Modern Band RingsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$2,400 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Henry Dunay Pearl Diamond Ring 18k Yellow GoldBy Henry DunayLocated in Dallas, TXEstate Henry Dunay Pearl and Diamond Ring in 18K Yellow Gold. The ring features a 11.8mm cultured pearl and 32 brilliant cut diamonds. Ring size 8. 1...Category
Vintage 1980s Cocktail RingsMaterials
Diamond, Pearl, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$9,000Free Shipping
- 18k Gold Henry Dunay Vintage RingBy Henry DunayLocated in Venice, CAThis 18k gold ring is big and bold—a classic Henry Dunay design that has great presence on the hand. The ring is sculptural, with a hand-hammered finish that accentuates the large faceted planes of gold that reflect the light for a mesmerizing effect . The ring has sensuous curves and an organic shape similar to a seashell or an ocean wave. Henry Dunay is an award-winning goldsmith and jeweler who gained worldwide recognition after receiving the De Beers Diamond International...Category
Vintage 1980s American Modernist Cocktail RingsMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow Gold$3,200Free Shipping