- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Mario Buccellati Colombian Emerald Gold Band Ring
About the Item
- Ring Size:6 US, Not Resizable
- Stone Cut:
- Place of Origin:Italy
- Date of Manufacture:1960s
- Seller Location:Napoli, IT
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU505319329772
A love of tradition set Mario Buccellati and his fine jewelry house apart in the competitive Italian market and remains a point of pride for the family. In 1919, Mario launched Buccellati with the opening of his first shop in Milan and quickly built a reputation for his richly embellished traforato, or finely pierced goldwork. The Ancona, Italy–born jeweler’s workmanship was in a class of its own. His rings, earrings, bracelets and other accessories were exquisite, yet the gemstones themselves were never too flashy, elevated instead by the designs’ intricate metalsmithing.
Today the Buccellati family is still closely tied to the business even as it is now owned by Richemont, a luxury conglomerate that also counts Cartier and Van Cleef & Arpels among its subsidiaries.
A young Mario Buccellati apprenticed with famed goldsmith Beltrami e Besnati in the early 1900s, although many of the goldsmithing techniques synonymous with Buccellati go as far back as the Italian Renaissance. The family lineage is also said to include 18th-century jeweler Contardo Buccellati. Owing to the founder’s advanced metalworking skills, the brand is known for designs that feature metal with the delicacy of lace and draw on the wonders of the natural world. The house’s work is typified by intricate gemstone settings that emphasize their natural color and dense engraving techniques that transform the texture of gold.
One of the time-honored engraving techniques that has come to characterize Buccellati’s work — techniques that require apprenticeships and training in the fine jeweler’s workshops — is called rigato. It involves the engraving of a precious metal with a series of parallel lines to achieve a fabric-like effect.
Rigato is on luminous display in the house’s Macri collection of earrings, cuff bracelets and other accessories. A painstaking attention to detail is pronounced in the celebrated Macri, Bartolomeo and Unica collections — witness the striking honeycomb motif, a house signature, that characterizes the Unica collection’s Caterina bracelet, for example. The Macri collection was the work of Mario’s son, Gianmaria Buccellati, an award-winning jeweler and internationally renowned silversmith who worked to bring the brand to the global stage by overseeing the opening of boutiques in Tokyo, Paris, California and elsewhere.
In 1951, Mario opened his first store in New York City; today the company operates boutiques worldwide. In 2019, the company celebrated its centennial with a new flagship in Paris and the Vintage collection, which features some of its most enduring designs.
On 1stDibs, find a collection of authentic Mario Buccellati jewelry today.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Napoli , Italy
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Mario Buccellati Garnet Gold Band RingBy Mario BuccellatiLocated in Napoli, ItalyBeautiful Mario Buccellati Engraved ring, handcrafted in 18k yellow and white Gold, featuring in the center a natural Garnet, 2 carats Circa 1970 The magical iridescent effect of ...Category
Late 20th Century Italian Band RingsMaterials
Garnet, Gold, 18k Gold$5,476Free Shipping
- Estate Diamond Emerald Gold Band RingLocated in Napoli, ItalyUnusual handmade band ring set in 18k yellow Gold featuring 2.00 ct of Natural Vivid Green Colombian Emerald square-cut and Round Brilliant cut Diamonds (G color VVS clarity) total w...Category
Late 20th Century Italian Art Deco Band RingsMaterials
Emerald, Diamond, 18k Gold$4,380Free Shipping
- Vintage Colombian Emerald Diamond Gold Cocktail RingLocated in Napoli, ItalyA beautiful emerald ring dated 1960, handmade in Italy in 18k white Gold showcasing a Natural Colombian emerald cut Emerald in the center weighing approx. 1.20 carat and surrounded b...Category
Vintage 1960s Italian Cocktail RingsMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, 18k Gold$7,119Free Shipping
- Vintage Colombian Emerald Diamond Gold Cluster RingLocated in Napoli, ItalyBeautiful cluster ring, hand-crafted in 18k white gold, centering a vivid emerald cut natural Emerald weighing 1.30 carat, Colombia origin, surrounded by 1.00 carat of round brillian...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Cluster RingsMaterials
Emerald, Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold$6,571Free Shipping
- Mario Buccellati Leaf Diamond Gold BroochBy Mario BuccellatiLocated in Napoli, ItalyBeautiful Leaf motif ring from 1970' by Mario Buccellati, set with 0.60 carat of round Brilliant cut diamonds, graded G color Vvs. This brooch is desig...Category
Late 20th Century Italian BroochesMaterials
Diamond, Gold, 18k Gold$6,571Free Shipping
- Estate Colombian Emerald Diamond RingLocated in Napoli, ItalyA beautiful and classy 18k white Gold engagement ring showcasing a natural Vivid Colombian Emerald 1,78 carats of great quality, surrounded by 15 Sparkling Round brilliant cut diamon...Category
Mid-20th Century Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, 18k Gold$6,571Free Shipping
- Mario Buccellati Diamond Yellow Gold Band RingBy BuccellatiLocated in New Orleans, LAElegant textured 18k yellow and white gold band ring decorated with diamonds all around . Signed M. BuccellatiCategory
Vintage 1980s Italian Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$7,500Free Shipping
- Mario Buccellati Diamond Gold BandBy Mario BuccellatiLocated in New Orleans, LA18k Signed Buccellati BandCategory
Vintage 1950s Italian Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold$9,800Free Shipping
- Diamond Colombian Emerald Ring 18K Gold BandBy Estate JewelryLocated in East Brunswick, NJThis vintage ring is crafted in solid 18K Yellow Gold. The center natural Colombian Emerald is 4x3mm (.25 carat). This high quality gem is very clean with great intensity and strong ...Category
Vintage 1980s Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$1,150Free Shipping
- MARIO BUCCELLATI Diamond BandBy Mario BuccellatiLocated in New York, NYEquisite lacey Mario Buccellati 18K white gold band encrusted with 12 faceted full cut diamonds. Beautiful feminine look.
Size 6 1/2Category
Italian Band Rings$22,000Free Shipping
- Mario Buccellati Diamond Band Ring 18 K White & Yellow GoldBy Mario BuccellatiLocated in Zurich, ZollstrasseA lovely and very typical Band Ring by Mrio Buccellati bezel set with brilliant cut Diamond weighing approximately 1 ct, H color, vs clarity. The ring is currently size 18/58 and (U...Category
Vintage 1980s Italian Baroque Band RingsMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Yellow Gold$12,900Free Shipping
- Diamond Colombian Emerald Ring 14K White Gold BandBy Estate JewelryLocated in East Brunswick, NJThis gorgeous estate ring is finely crafted in solid 14K White Gold and set with genuine Earth mined High Quality Emerald and Diamonds. The center square cut Colombian Emerald measur...Category
Late 20th Century Three-Stone RingsMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, 14k Gold, White Gold$2,980Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery