Patek Philippe 18ct Gold Watch
About the Item
It shouldn’t be surprising that a Patek Philippe holds the world auction record for a watch ($31.2 million for a Patek Grandmaster Chime, sold at Christie’s). Known for impeccable craftsmanship and some of the most complicated timepieces ever created, the brand is considered by many to be the height of fine watchmaking. Collectors simply love Patek Philippe watches.
The house was founded in Geneva in 1839 by Polish expats Antoni Patek and Franciszek Czapek. Czapek left the firm, and in 1845, Patek partnered with French watchmaker Jean Adrien Philippe. It was the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
Catering to the glitterati of Europe, the pair counted among their clients Tolstoy, Pope Pius IX and Queen Victoria, as well as Countess Koscowicz of Hungary, for whom they created the first Swiss-made wristwatch in 1868. They also had their eye on the American market and in 1851 entered an arrangement with Tiffany & Co. still in effect today.
During the Great Depression, brothers Jean and Charles Stern, who had previously supplied Patek Philippe with watch dials, bought the company, and it continues to be run by the Stern family today.
Under the Sterns, the house has developed some of its most famous models, including the Calatrava, an elegantly minimal dress watch introduced in 1932 and named for the Calatrava Cross (the company’s logo since 1887), and the Nautilus, the brand’s first sports watch, conceived by legendary designer Gérald Genta in 1976.
Despite the house’s longevity, it’s rumored that it has manufactured fewer than a million Patek watches, making each one all the more coveted. (The brand's pieces are understandably attractive to counterfeiters — make sure you know how to spot a fake Patek Philippe watch.)
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Cape Town, South Africa
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- 18ct Yellow Gold Patek Philippe Ref 3371By Patek PhilippeLocated in Cape Town, ZA18ct Yellow Gold Patek Philippe Watch – Manual Winder in excellent condition. 18ct yellow gold case (20mm). Gold dial with Black hands. In...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Unknown Classical Roman Wrist WatchesMaterials
18k Gold, Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- Piaget Full Diamond Watch 18ct White GoldBy PiagetLocated in Cape Town, ZAPiaget full diamond watch. 18K white gold with gold hands and dial frame. Exquisite GENDER: Female MOVEMENT: Quartz CASE...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Wrist WatchesMaterials
Diamond, White GoldFree Shipping
- 18ct Yellow Gold Chain With 18ct Aztech Cross PendantLocated in Cape Town, ZAChain Attributes: Weight: 7.42gram Metal Colour: Yellow gold Metal: 18ct Chain measurem...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Pendant NecklacesMaterials
- 18ct Yellow Gold RosaryLocated in Cape Town, ZAStunning and simple. Chain Attributes: Weight: 15gram Metal Colour: Yellow Metal: 18ct Length: 455mm Width: 0.4mmCategory
21st Century and Contemporary Beaded NecklacesMaterials
Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- 18ct Rose Gold Diamond RingLocated in Cape Town, ZAExquisite Item Attributes: Metal Colour: Rose Weight: 1.8g Size: H Stone Attributes Number of Stones: ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Solitaire RingsMaterials
Diamond, Rose GoldFree Shipping
- 18ct Yellow Gold Diamonds HoopsLocated in Cape Town, ZAClassy striking earrings Item Attributes Weight: 4.5 gram Metal Colour: Yellow Gold Metal: 18 ct Stone Attributes Number of Stones: 212 X Diamond Total weight: ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Hoop EarringsMaterials
Diamond, Yellow GoldFree Shipping
- Lieutenant Colonel Owned Patek Philippe 1906 18ct Gold Pocket WatchBy Patek PhilippeLocated in GBWe are delighted to offer for sale this original 1906 Patek Philippe 18ct gold pocket watch with archive extract detailing the movement and origins of the piece which was retailed th...Category
Antique Early 1900s American Edwardian Pocket WatchesMaterials
18k Gold, Gold
- Patek Philippe 18kt Gold Men's WatchBy Patek PhilippeLocated in Braintree, GBPatek Philippe Manual Winding Porcelain Dial 18kt gold watch. Comes with certificate and Patek Philippe travel pouch. Date of Purchase on Certificate: 2001 Movement: Manual Winding, 1866233/4065435 Calibre: 215 Case Size: 29 mm Movement: Manual Winding Wrist Size: 22 cm (Adjustable) Weight: 57.70 grams total Strap Buckle: 18KT Gold Patek Philippe Buckle Bracelet Material: Original Patek Philippe Leather...Category
Early 2000s Swiss Wrist WatchesMaterials
- Patek Philippe Calatrava Gold WatchBy Patek PhilippeLocated in New York, NYVintage Patek Philippe 18k gold Calatrava wrist watch. Case is 32mm,18k gold buckle original, band is not original. Manual wind movement in working order.Category
20th Century Swiss Wrist WatchesMaterials
- 18ct gold watch, Egine brand, 50sLocated in SAINT-OUEN-SUR-SEINE, FREgine brand French work 18 carat gold watch In good condition, very pretty bracelet typical of the 1950s To be reassembled manually every day. T...Category
Vintage 1950s French Artist Wrist WatchesMaterials
- Patek Philippe Gubelin Gold Ladies WatchBy Patek PhilippeLocated in New York, NYVintage 18k gold Patek Philippe for Gubelin lady's watch. Case measures 20mm x 18mm, with gold ribbed dial, signed by Patek Philippe and Gubelin. Bracelet is 6" long, clasp bears PP ...Category
20th Century Swiss Wrist WatchesFree Shipping
- Vintage Patek Philippe 18k Rose Gold Watch, Ref # 2461By Patek PhilippeLocated in Princeton, NJVintage 18k Rose Gold Patek Philippe rectangular watch featuring a silver dial with diamond markers, raised enamel print, original faceted crystal, Patek crown, Watch reference numbe...Category
Vintage 1950s European Retro Wrist WatchesMaterials
Diamond, 18k Gold, Rose Gold
Recently ViewedView All
Globe Hopper? This Patek Philippe Watch Can Give You the Time in 24 Cities
A true icon of the much-coveted category of World Time watches, this rare model represents an important milestone in the history of one of the brand's signature complications.
How to Tell If a Watch Was Actually Made in Geneva
Just because the dial says Geneva — or the alluring French version of the city's name, Genève — it doesn’t mean your timepiece was crafted in the watchmaking capital.