John F. Simon, JR., 2021Featured In nfttime
Blue Diagonal Traffic
Blue Diagonal Traffic is a 15 second 1080 mp4 video clip of a custom software program written by John F Simon Jr. Inspired by Mondrian's Broadway Boogie Woogie, the traffic patterns evolve organically following simple rules. Part of the HD Traffic video series.
John F. Simon, Jr. is a visual artist known as an innovator in Software Art. His seminal work "Every Icon" was included in the 2000 Whitney Biennial. Simon received a BA in Studio Art from Brown University and a MFA in Computer Art from School of Visual Arts. His work is in the collections of the Museum of Modern Art, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and The Guggenheim Museum. Simon’s publication, Drawing Your Own Path is an account of the artists’ daily drawing meditation practice as a creative source. His daily drawings can be followed on his site: iclock.com
- April 18, 2022 at 12:36 PMAuction endedSold for Ξ 0.9000 ($2,624.90) to 0x812D…5f3e
- April 18, 2022 at 12:36 PMTransfer from 1stDibs Marketplace to 0x812D…5f3e
- April 14, 2022 at 4:51 PMBid placed for Ξ 0.9000 ($2,624.90) by 0x812D…5f3e
- December 15, 2021 at 10:13 AMTransfer from John F. Simon, JR. to 1stDibs Marketplace
- December 15, 2021 at 10:13 AMReserve price set for Ξ 0.9000 ($2,624.90) by 1stDibs Marketplace
- December 14, 2021 at 10:08 AMMinted by John F. Simon, JR.
More from John F. Simon, JR.
- Green Broadwayedition: 1/1Ξ 1.1000 Reserve PriceAccepting Bids