Girl in Flowers, Portrait Painting, Contemporary, Impressionist, 21st Century
View Similar Items
Yuri KrotovGirl in Flowers, Portrait Painting, Contemporary, Impressionist, 21st Century
About the Artist
Yuri Krotov was born 1964 in Grivenskaya Cossack Settlement, Krasnodar Territory, located close to the Azov Sea.
At the age of eight, Krotov met a local painter, G.A. Polugaev, who became his mentor. With Polugaev, Krotov traveled to Moscow and enrolled in Moscow High School of Art under the Surikov Art Institute. After high school he served in the Soviet Army for two years before attending the Moscow State Academic Art Institute, which was named after V.I. Surikov.
Krotov’s style of Impressionist painting blossomed on trips to France, Spain, Italy, Great Britain, Monaco and other European countries. After these trips and participating in sales and auctions as well as exhibitions, Krotov took a creative journey to his native Cossack Settlement in Kuban regions, where he painted Ataman Leord, A Morning in Kuban, Ataman’s Fishing and Among the Lotuses.
After this time of reflection and creative process, Krotov resurfaced in 1992 during an eminent sale of Russian paintings at the prestigious auction room Drouot in Paris. Although he's a modest man who prefers to stay out of the spotlight, Krotov has been invited back regularly and his work is now on permanent display.
Krotov’s fluid brushstrokes, painted with a quick and free manner, create full movement within the details of his art. The capturing of these fleeting moments in bold energetic colors make for a favorite among collectors.
Find authentic Yuri Krotov paintings on 1stDibs.
(Biography provided by Roy Petley Fine Art)
- Gentleman in TailcoatLocated in Scottsdale, AZStrong impressionist work by young St. Petersburg-based painter, Ilya Zlobin. Having graduated from the prestigious Repin Academy several years ago, Zlobin is a well-known up-and-co...Category
2010s Impressionist Figurative PaintingsMaterials
- FLOWERSBy Angel RivasLocated in CÓRDOBA, ESoil on canvas, ready to hang I can do commissioned work of any technique, style and size, contact us without obligationCategory
1990s Impressionist Figurative PaintingsMaterials
- 'Skagen', Paris, Académie des Beaux-Arts, Salon des Artistes Français, MunichLocated in Santa Cruz, CASigned lower left, 'Clement' for Gad Frederick Clement (Danish, 1867-1933) and painted circa 1920. Titled, verso, on old exhibition label, 'Fra Haven' (From the Garden). Additionally signed, verso, on stretcher bar and titled, 'Vesterby, Skagen' Exhibited: Skagen Museum, circa 1920, from label, verso. 'Helsinki Art Gallery, 1928', from label, verso. 'Danish Art Convention Forum, 1929', from label, verso. Gad Clement created this luminous painting in the garden of the Vesterby beach house where he and his wife, the artist Martha 'Tupsy' Clement, summered from 1908-1920. A substantial and well-exhibited work, it shows Tupsy at her easel beside their daughters, Bitten (b.1912) and Lillemor (b.1909). Fusing the ideal with the intensely personal, the artist has lyrically captured both the bonds of maternity and the dreamland of childhood. Gad Frederick Clement first studied at Copenhagen's Technical School (1883–1885) before attending the Académie des Beaux-Arts in Paris (1885-1888). Returning to Denmark, he continued his studies under Laurits Tuxen...Category
1910s Impressionist Portrait PaintingsMaterials
- "Wrung, " Oil paintingBy Jaclyn AldereteLocated in Denver, COJaclyn Alderete's (US based) "Wrung" is an original, handmade oil painting that depicts lone woman in blue flowing skirt holding her hands over her fac...Category
2010s Impressionist Portrait PaintingsMaterials
- Lady in pink - British Edwardian art Impressionist portrait oil painting girlBy Thomas Edwin MostynLocated in London, GBA lovely portrait oil painting by British listed artist Tom Mostyn ROI. Painted circa 1910 it depicts a beautiful smiling young woman in a pink dress holding an umbrella. A glorious ...Category
Early 20th Century Impressionist Portrait PaintingsMaterials
- Seated Figurative / Ocean Path Landscape - Double Sided Oil PaintingLocated in Soquel, CAWonderful double-sided oil painting of the artist Jane Voitel Mellin reading a book and also a landscape of an ocean path on verso by Nicholas Read (American), circa 1975. Unsigned. ...Category
1990s American Impressionist Figurative PaintingsMaterials