Items Similar to 1719 Chatelain Map of Mexico, Southeast North America and the Caribbean
- Design Credit: Samantha Todhunter Design Ltd., Photo Credit: Oliver Clarke. Dimensions: H 16 in. x W 20.5 in.
- Design Credit: Lucy Harris Studio, Photo Credit: Francesco Bertocci. Dimensions: H 16 in. x W 20.5 in.
- Design Credit: Timothy Godbold, Photo Credit: Karl Simone. Dimensions: H 16 in. x W 20.5 in.
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
1 of 13
Henri-Abraham Chatelain1719 Chatelain Map of Mexico, Southeast North America and the Caribbean
Original first edition 1719 engraved map, full title in French "Carte contenant royaume mexique et la floride, anno 1719, Chatelain Henri Carte Contenant Le Royaume Du Mexique Et La Floride, Dressez sur les meilleures observations & sur les Memoires les plus Nouveaux". The map illustrates the advancement of cartographic knowledge in Texas, Florida and the Gulf Coast, a region then only recently opened to non-Spanish Flag ships. Chatelain bases this map on Guillaume De L'Isle's Carte du Mexique. Shows political boundaries, Native American settlements, cities, towns, ports, rivers, and notes the new discoveries along the Gulf Coast and Mississippi River. Image size 16 x 20.5 inches.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About the Seller
Located in New York, NY
These expertly vetted sellers are highly rated and consistently exceed customer expectations.
Established in 1928
1stDibs seller since 2014
475 sales on 1stDibs
Typical response time: 8 hours
More From This SellerView All
- Map of Egypt, Nubia and Part of AbyssiniaBy Henri-Abraham ChatelainLocated in New York, NYOriginal 1719 map by Henri Abraham Chatelain full title in French" Carte particuliere de l'Egypte, de la Nubie et de l'Abyssinie, Dressee fur les Memoires les plus Nouveaux, & les Ob...Category
Early 1700s Realist Landscape PrintsMaterials
- Map of VeniceBy Henri-Abraham ChatelainLocated in New York, NYFrench cartographer Abraham Chatelain began his seven volume work, Atlas Historique, ou Nouvelle Introduction à l'Histoire, in Paris in 1705. Due to the large scale of the project, ...Category
Early 18th Century Realist Landscape PrintsMaterials
Engraving$1,200 Sale Price20% Off
- 1872 County Map of IllinoisLocated in New York, NYOriginal 1872 map of the state of Illinois by American map publisher Samuel Augustus Mitchell Jr. The map covers the state of Illinois as well as portions of Iowa, Missouri, Kentuck...Category
1870s Realist Landscape PrintsMaterials
- 1799 Map of "The States of Delaware and Maryland"By John AndersonLocated in New York, NYRare, hand colored, 1799 John Payne map "The States of Maryland and Delaware, from the Latest Surveys 1799". Engraved for "New encyclopedia", and published by J. Low, New York. An ...Category
1790s Realist Landscape PrintsMaterials
- 1880 Map of Copenhagen, Stockholm, Antwerp, and AmsterdamLocated in New York, NYA wonderfully detailed map from 1880 depicting four European cities: Copenhagen, Stockholm, Antwerp, and Amsterdam. Presented in a four-ply acid-free ivory mat and a handsome burl ...Category
1880s Realist Landscape PrintsMaterials
- Port of HastingsBy (After) Joseph Mallord William TurnerLocated in New York, NYRestrike engraving of an original 1851 engraving by R. Wallace after the famous painting by J. M. W. Turner. Shows small boats struggling in stormy waters in Hastings Harbor on the s...Category
1980s Realist Landscape PrintsMaterials
You May Also Like
- Three 19th C. Hand Colored Engravings of London Architecture by T. ShepherdBy Thomas Hosmer ShepherdLocated in Alamo, CAA set of three hand-colored engravings from "Metropolitan Improvements; or London in the Nineteenth Century", published in London, England in 1828. The scenes were drawn by Thomas Ho...Category
1820s Realist Landscape PrintsMaterials
- David Roberts' 19th Century Hand Colored Lithograph, St. Jean D'AcreBy David RobertsLocated in Alamo, CA"St. Jean D'Acre" is a 19th century folio sized hand-colored lithograph from the "The Holy Land, Syria, Idumea, Arabia, Egypt and Nubia" volume of David Roberts’ large folio edition,...Category
1840s Realist Landscape PrintsMaterials
- After HoursBy Peter MiltonLocated in New York, NY“AFTER HOURS” was created by the contemporary artist Peter Milton in 2019. This graphic depicting a scene outside of the Louvre in Paris was drawn on a special tablet taking up to o...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Realist Landscape PrintsMaterials
- Black and White Etching -- RodezBy John Taylor ArmsLocated in Troy, NYThis detailed etching depicts Notre Dame in France. The foreground shows an alleyway, with cracking and peeling buildings, plants climbing the walls, and a shifting stone road. Each ...Category
1920s Realist Landscape PrintsMaterials
Paper, Etching$700 Sale Price30% Off
- Bird's Eye View of Glascow 1888 original wood engraving from The GraphicLocated in Paonia, COBird’s Eye View of Glascow original 1888 wood engraving is from The Graphic by H.W. Brewer who was well known for his aerial views of topographical panoramas. He was also the fa...Category
1880s Realist Landscape PrintsMaterials
- New York, Columbia University Color Etching by Luigi KasimirBy Luigi KasimirLocated in Paonia, COThe famous Austrian artist, Luigi Kasimir ( 1881- 1962 ) studied at the Vienna Academy of Art. He went on to develop the technique of color etching using multiple plates to creat a f...Category
1940s Realist Landscape PrintsMaterials