Louis Vuitton Denim Jacket Grey
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Jackets
People Also Browsed
1990s Italian Cocktail Dresses
1990s French Cocktail Dresses
2010s Bomber Jackets
1990s Italian Skirt Suits
Early 2000s Italian Coats
21st Century and Contemporary Sweater Vests
2010s Casual Dresses
Early 2000s Italian Jackets
Louis Vuitton for sale on 1stDibs
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
Finding the Right jackets for You
No matter if you’re preparing for a fashion event or a weather event — you’re going to need a good jacket.
What would become the modern jacket as we know it began as a strictly professional item. A lot of the vintage and designer jackets (and coat styles such as the Navy-inspired peacoat) in our closets were likely popularized by soldiers who battled aggressive climes with their regulation field jackets, bombers and parkas buttoned or zipped to the chin. Indeed, keeping troopers comfortable guided the design of the military surplus garments that have often become buzzy fashion trends. But now, jackets add far more than warmth to our wardrobe, and we hunt down outer layers branded with peerless fashion labels.
Fashion’s most iconic creations, despite their age, remain modern: Biker jackets originated in the 1920s, Balenciaga’s celebrated puffers are steeped in a tradition of down coats that began in the 1930s and your vintage denim jacket has come an even longer way, from California Gold Rush to wardrobe staple. Jeans bequeathed jean jackets during the 1880s, thanks to Levi Strauss, who crafted the former as a durable garment to be worn by miners and railroad workers. Later, jeans and jean jackets became synonymous with nonconformity and rebelliousness — with fashion legends such as actor James Dean in the 1950s and model Veruschka in the 1960s and ’70s leading the indigo-toned charge.
Another fashion rebel, Coco Chanel, used the classic tweed jacket to introduce more comfort and mobility into women’s daily lives. Debuting in 1954 and based on a cardigan, the groundbreaking Chanel jacket forever changed what women wear. The garment reacted against the fitted, constricting styles of Christian Dior’s New Look, which, as Chanel saw it, was making women dress like decorative objects.
On 1stDibs, find bold collections from cutting-edge contemporary designers who’ve taken the classic silhouette of the jacket to new heights or build out your array of vintage treasures (denim or otherwise) with dazzlers from Yves Saint Laurent, Gianni Versace, Moschino and more.
- Are Louis Vuitton bags handmade?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Louis Vuitton handbags are handmade with expert craftsmanship and only the finest, highest quality materials and hardware that never compromises on quality. On 1stDibs, shop a large collection of authentic Louis Vuitton handbags from some of the world’s top sellers.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022All Louis Vuitton leather goods crafted after March 2021 contain a RFID chip. The RFID chip replaced their previous date codes as a way to share data about manufacturing, materials and authenticity of Louis Vuitton items. On 1stDibs, find a wide range of authentic Louis Vuitton wallets.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022No, not every Louis Vuitton item has a date code. Vintage styles crafted prior to 1982 will not contain a date code and styles crafted after March 2021 include RFLD chips instead. You’ll find a wide range of authentic Louis Vuitton vintage and modern pieces on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022No, Louis Vuitton does not have a Black Friday sale. The high-fashion brand notoriously never marks down its prices and discounted items run the risk of being counterfeit. Find a collection of expertly vetted Louis Vuitton designs from some of the world’s top reputable boutiques on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Louis Vuitton does use one piece of leather for a variety of different handbag designs. The material wraps from front to back, with no seam on the bottom, leaving the iconic LV symbol upside-down on the backside. Find a collection of expertly vetted Louis Vuitton handbags from some of the world’s top reputable boutiques on 1stDibs.
- Does Louis Vuitton make clothes?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Yes, Louis Vuitton makes a range of ready-to-wear womens wear and menswear as well as accessories, such as handbags and shoes. You’ll find a range of both women’s and men’s Louis Vuitton clothing and accessories on 1stDibs from some of the world’s top sellers.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022No, Louis Vuitton shoes are not known for a red sole on their footwear. Christian Louboutin’s are known for a signature red sole throughout their collection. On 1stDibs, find a large collection of both Louis Vuitton and Christian Louboutin shoes.
- Does Louis Vuitton have sales?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertJanuary 4, 2022No, Louis Vuitton products are never marked down — and unless they are secondhand, any discounted Louis Vuitton items are likely to be counterfeit. To ensure you purchase authentic, high quality Louis Vuitton products, look for a reputable seller. Shop authentic Louis Vuitton handbags and purses, clothing and accessories from top sellers around the world on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022After purchase, Louis Vuitton offers its ‘Mon Monogram’ service on specific styles of handbags. However, if your Louis Vuitton bag is pre-owned, the only personalized service the high-fashion retailer offers is hot stamping. Shop a collection of authentic Louis Vuitton purses from some of the world’s top boutiques on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Yes, you can insure a Louis Vuitton handbag as well as other luxury items. While Louis Vuitton doesn’t offer a manufacturer’s warranty, most homeowners insurance plans have personal property protection that can be extended to include your handbags. Inquire with your insurance provider for details. Shop a variety of authorized authentic Louis Vuitton bags on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022No, Louis Vuitton bags do not have serial numbers. Instead, the bags feature date code stamps. In most bags, the stamps are on leather tabs attached to the lining or the seam of the pocket. Bags made after 2021 have microchips instead of date codes. Shop a wide range of Louis Vuitton bags on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertMarch 22, 2022Yes, most Louis Vuitton bags come with a lock and key. However, some limited-edition items may not include this iconic accessory. Typically, the padlocks feature a logo stamp on one side. On the other side of the lock is the brand name spelled out below a registered trademark symbol and above the words "made in France." Browse a large selection of Louis Vuitton bags on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022Sadly, no, Louis Vuitton bags never go on sale. There is also no outlet store associated with the brand. You may choose to shop at a consignment store to search for discounted items — however, they do not go through the same vetting process to ensure authenticity. Shop a collection of authentic Louis Vuitton purses from some of the world’s top boutiques on 1stDibs.
- Is Louis Vuitton italian?1 Answer1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022No. Louis Vuitton is not Italian, but French, founded in 1854 by designer Louis Vuitton in Paris. Its workshops are currently located in France, Spain, the United States and Switzerland. Browse a wide collection of expertly vetted authentic Louis Vuitton products on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertFebruary 22, 2021Yes, Louis Vuitton handbags are typically cheaper in France. On 1stDibs, however, you can find Louis Vuitton handbags at a range of prices.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022How long Louis Vuitton belts last depends on how well you care for your item. Storing your belt in a ventilated area when not in use will prolong its life. On 1stDibs, find a collection of authentic Louis Vuitton accessories from some of the world’s top sellers.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022There is no official restocking schedule for Louis Vuitton’s online store, however, new stock does seem to replenish daily. Keep an eye on the official site for product availability, or browse through the wide selection of expertly vetted authentic Louis Vuitton products on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022A Louis Vuitton Neverfull can be purchased from Louis Vuitton directly as well as through multiple retailers. For physical store locations, consult the brand’s website. Gently-used versions of the Louis Vuitton Neverfall are available for purchase through multiple platforms, including 1stDibs. It’s important to purchase from a vetted seller or vendor to ensure authenticity. While Louis Vuitton has at times inspired knockoffs, 1stDibs partners with only top-vetted sellers to offer authentic pieces that come with a buyer protection guarantee.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022While there are no Louis Vuitton retail stores in Raleigh, North Carolina, there is a store location in nearby Charlotte. Save the trip and shop a variety of Louis Vuitton products from some of the world’s top sellers on 1stDibs.
- 1stDibs ExpertApril 5, 2022The Louis Vuitton box boasts an iconic yellow shade that is officially called Imperial Saffron. Louis Vuitton changed from chocolate brown packaging to this eye-catching color in 2016. Find a collection of expertly vetted Louis Vuitton shoes, handbags and more from some of the world’s top reputable boutiques on 1stDibs.