- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Milo Baughman Sofa for Thayer Coggin
- DimensionsHeight: 81.28 cm (32 in)Width: 233.68 cm (92 in)Depth: 78.74 cm (31 in)Seat Height: 45.72 cm (18 in)
- StyleMid-Century Modern (Of the Period)
- Materials and Techniques
- Place of Origin
- Date of Manufacturecirca 1960s
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Minor fading. light age appropriate wear, vintage fabric worn in areas, minor veneer chips.
- Seller LocationBrooklyn, NY
- Reference NumberSeller: 12590-5052JR/F1stDibs: LU92185508033
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Brooklyn, NY
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.
About the Designer
Milo Baughman was one of the most agile and adept modern American furniture designers of the late 20th century. A prolific lecturer and writer on the benefits of good design — he taught for years at Brigham Young University — Baughman (whose often-scrambled surname is pronounced BAWF-man) focused almost exclusively on residential furnishings, such as chairs, sofas and benches. He had a particular talent for lounge chairs, perhaps the most sociable piece of furniture.
Like his fellow adoptive Californians Charles and Ray Eames, Baughman’s furniture has a relaxed and breezy air. He was famously opposed to ostentatious and idiosyncratic designs that were made to excite attention. While many of his chair designs are enlivened by such effects as tufted upholstery, Baughman tended to let his materials carry the aesthetic weight, most often relying on seating and table frames made of sturdy and sleek flat-bar chromed metal, and chairs, tables and cabinets finished with highly-figured wood veneers.
As you will see from the furniture presented on 1stDibs, Milo Baughman’s designs for the likes of Drexel Furniture, Glenn of California and — for five decades — Thayer Coggin are ably employed as either the heart of a décor or its focal point.
- Milo Baughman for Thayer Coggin Mid-Century ArmchairsBy Thayer Coggin, Milo BaughmanLocated in Brooklyn, NYVintage lounge chairs with dramatic tubular chrome frames. Micro suede fabric, comfortable cushioned seats. (Please confirm item location - NY or NJ - with dealer)Category
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern ArmchairsMaterials
ChromeUS$3,500 Sale Price / set30% Off
- Milo Baughman Armchair for Thayer CogginBy Milo BaughmanLocated in Brooklyn, NYFlat stock chrome frame with upholstered cushions and arm pads create a comfortable and classic lounge chair suitable for home or office. Please confirm item location (NY or NJ) with...Category
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern ArmchairsMaterials
- Pair of Vintage Modern Milo Baughman Lounge Chairs for Thayer CogginBy Milo Baughman, Thayer CogginLocated in Brooklyn, NYThis stunning pair of Mid-Century Modern lounge chairs feature a flat bar chrome frame with overstuffed seating covered in black vinyl. An iconic design by Milo Baughman with the ori...Category
Vintage 1960s American Mid-Century Modern Lounge ChairsMaterials
ChromeUS$3,120 Sale Price / set20% Off
- Thayer Coggin "Boldido" Leather Lounge Chair by Milo BaughmanBy Thayer Coggin, Milo BaughmanLocated in Brooklyn, NYThis stylish vintage modern Boldido lounge chair features Mid-Century Modern Milo Baughman design for Thayer Coggin. Comfortable overstuffed proportions combined with matching angled...Category
Late 20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Lounge ChairsMaterials
- Milo Baughman Rosewood Coffee Table for Thayer CogginBy Milo BaughmanLocated in Brooklyn, NYVintage modern coffee table featuring sculpted sled legs and beautiful rosewood grain throughout, designed by Milo Baughman for Thayer Coggin. Stunning mid-century cocktail table mak...Category
Vintage 1960s Mid-Century Modern Coffee and Cocktail Tables
- Milo Baughman Sofa with Rosewood FrameBy Milo BaughmanLocated in Brooklyn, NYThis stunning midcentury sofa by Milo Baughman features stylish vintage fabric, rich rosewood frame, and brass finish baseboard. Plush upholstered cushions feature unique two-tone co...Category
Vintage 1960s Mid-Century Modern Sofas
You May Also Like
Vintage 1970s Sofas
20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Sofas
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Sofas
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Sectional Sofas
Mid-20th Century Mid-Century Modern Sofas
Vintage 1970s American Sofas
2010s Mid-Century Modern Sofas
Vintage 1960s American Sofas
Mid-20th Century American Mid-Century Modern Sofas
Vintage 1970s American Mid-Century Modern Sofas
Recently ViewedView More
Rooms We Love: 11 Splendid Living Rooms
Common wisdom used to declare the kitchen the hub of the house. These days, the living room seems to have assumed the role of domestic focal point. Unlike the Victorian parlor, stiffly furnished and reserved for guests, today’s living room is a central place for reading, conversation and, well, living, with furnishings that lend themselves to both casual lounging and elegant entertaining.