- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
LOUIS VUITTON Red Satin Bow Exotic Peep Toe High Heel Sandals Lock Plate
- DimensionsMarked Size: 39 (EU)
- Place of OriginItaly
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Stunning condition with only slight wear on soles.
- Seller LocationSwitzerland, CH
- Reference NumberSeller: LVRDSTHLS391stDibs: LU416313861422
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$79 Express Parcel Shippingto United States 0, arrives in 4-7 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Estimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: DXB, United Arab Emirates
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.
About the Designer
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
- By Azzedine AlaïaLocated in Switzerland, CHAn AZZEDINE ALAIA classic signature piece that will last you for years This gorgeous pair of wedges made out of ...Category
2010s Shoes$1,099 Sale Price35% Off
- Located in Switzerland, CHAMAZING TOD'S ALLIGATOR CROCODILE SKIN MOCCASINS DETAILS: A signature piece that will last you for years ...Category
2010s Shoes$900 Sale Price49% Off
- By ChanelLocated in Switzerland, CHThis impressive pair of leather sandals are a style statement in itself. Keep it simple yet gorgeous in these sa...Category
2010s Shoes$669 Sale Price39% Off
- By GucciLocated in Switzerland, CHStunning pair of Gucci suede platform wedge sandals high heels with beautiful hand-embroidered details on heels ...Category
2010s Shoes$799 Sale Price30% Off
- By Bottega VenetaLocated in Switzerland, CHWith chunky crossover straps and a signature intrecciato wedge platform, Bottega Veneta's dark-brown leather san...Category
2010s Shoes$349 Sale Price50% Off
- By PradaLocated in Switzerland, CHBeautiful Prada High Heel Sandals Real crocodile skin in black color - no print From Prada's exotic skin collect...Category
You May Also Like
21st Century and Contemporary Shoes
Early 2000s Shoes
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery