- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Louis Vuitton Orange Leopard Print Silk Draped Short Sleeve Dress - Size US 10
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRates vary by destination and complexity.Estimated Customs Duties & Taxes to the Continental US: $0.Ships From: London, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 7 days of delivery.
About Louis Vuitton (Designer)
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
On 1stDibs, the unmistakable insignia can be found on both modern and vintage Louis Vuitton shoulder bags, suitcases, original 19th-century trunks, jackets and more.
Launched in 2012 and headquartered in an elegant Mayfair townhouse in the heart of London, this seller is the ultimate destination for luxury fashion e-commerce. Partnering with elite profiles from fashion, entertainment, and royal networks, Hewi offers renewal to iconic men’s and women’s clothing, bags, and accessories from such names...
- By Louis VuittonLocated in London, GBLouis Vuitton white, logo button-up dress with black seams. Stitched LV logo at the front. - 87% Viscose, 8% P...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Day DressesSize: Small$601 Sale Price59% Off
- By Louis VuittonLocated in London, GBTwo Tone Grey Short Sleeved Grey Dress. Back Neck Tie Fastener. Made in France. Perfect Condition 10/10.Shoulder...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Day DressesSize: UK 10 France 38$454 Sale Price26% Off
- By Louis VuittonLocated in London, GBLouis Vuitton Houndstooth Wool Sleeveless Dress - Warm blend of wool - Sleeveless dress with a round high neckl...Category
2010s Day DressesSize: 38$524 Sale Price47% Off
- By Louis VuittonLocated in London, GBLouis Vuitton Blue Short Sleeve Wool Dress Soft wool blend short sleeve dress, Round neck, Lightweight materia...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Day DressesSize: Estimated Size S$314 Sale Price61% Off
- By BurberryLocated in London, GBBurberry Pink Jewelled Midi Dress -Pink, cotton blend -Long-sleeve -Jewels on cuffs and trimming -Bell sleeves...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Day Dresses
- By Oscar De La RentaLocated in London, GBOscar de la Renta Pink Two-Tone Brocade Sleeveless Dress - pink cotton textured dress - a- line silhouette - sl...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Day Dresses