Oscar de la Renta Poppy Print Halter
About the Item
- Dimensions:Length: 60 in (152.4 cm)Marked Size: Vintage 12/ Modern 8-10 (US)Bust: 33 in (83.82 cm)Waist: 26 in (66.04 cm)Hip: 48 in (121.92 cm)
- Place of Origin:
- Material Notes:Overall, Very Good. 2 super faint long bands of discoloration along side hip which are not noticeable when worn. Belt deficient. High neck size is 12". Can be enlarged with button/loop or added ties
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:New York, NY
- Reference Number:1stDibs: AU130729461750
Oscar De La Renta
Oscar de la Renta was not just a designer for the ages but a designer for women of all ages — from Hollywood starlets to silver-haired doyennes, from fashion icons (Sarah Jessica Parker) to iconic brides (Amal Alamuddin Clooney), from leading ladies of hip-hop (Nicki Minaj) to First Ladies of the United States (Jacqueline Kennedy all the way through to Michelle Obama). The secret to his broad and enduring appeal? “I have always thought that my role as a designer is to do the very best I can for a woman,” de la Renta told 1stDibs in a 2010 profile.
And for de la Renta, doing the very best meant making a woman feel beautiful, glamorous and full of confidence, whether she was walking down the red carpet or a crowded city street. "You carry the clothes, the clothes don't carry you," he went on to say in our story.
A perennial favorite on 1stDibs, Oscar de la Renta designs evolved over the years, as the large selection of items below attests, but whether bolero or ball gown, vintage or current, the pieces exude elegant sophistication and enduring originality — much like the man himself.
Find a collection of vintage Oscar de la Renta evening dresses and gowns, skirts and other clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Riverdale, NY
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Anthony Muto Chiffon Print GownBy Anthony MutoLocated in New York, NYFlowy Anthony Muto chiffon gown with overall morning glory and foliage print. A simple one piece wide necked sheath gown with wrapped back bodice has a large triangular scarf attache...Category
1970s American Maxi Dresses
- Kristyna Kitsis Matte Jersey Peekaboo Scarf Point Dress, UKLocated in New York, NYAmazing Kristyna Kitsis Rayon Matte Jersey Peekaoo Scarf Point Dress, UK from the 1980's. Unusual design with open portholes at hip level with sheer scarves piped in grey attached to each opening which form a multiple knife point hem. Designer Kristyna Kitsis now specializes in custom latex couture with her line Ectomorph, but this is one of her rare early matte jersey club dresses...Category
1980s British Cocktail Dresses
- Deco Shadow Print Chiffon Cherries DressLocated in New York, NYSilk chiffon dress from the 1930s with an unusual cut and modern presence. Oversized kimono sleeves fall from a yoke and are loosely gathered and float over the the dress in an unusu...Category
Early 20th Century American Art Deco Day Dresses
- Issey Miyake Graphic Black White Pleated DressBy Issey MiyakeLocated in New York, NYIssey Miyake Graphic Black White Dress in signature pleats. The various patterns look like a night time cityscape. Pullover style with open slash collar with long, lean silhouette. S...Category
1990s Japanese Day Dresses
- Mariano Fortuny Black Silk Peplos GownBy FortunyLocated in New York, NYThis dress is made of finely pleated black colored silk with silk cording along side seams,shoulders and tunic hem with matte frosted colored glass beads threaded through the cordin...Category
Early 20th Century Italian Art Deco Greek Style Dresses
- New Emilio Pucci Purple Knit Stretch Sheath DressBy Emilio PucciLocated in San Francisco, CAEmilio Pucci Purple stretch knit dress with boat neck and H shaped panel detail at front. Back zip and hook and eye. Branded 'Pucci' at zipper. Please no...Category
2010s Italian Casual Dresses
- Pierre Cardin iconic 60s vintage sleeves & midriff transparent mesh white dressBy Pierre CardinLocated in Antwerp, BEPierre Cardin " the man who dresses the future" It is so rare to get your hands on these iconic vintage 1960s Pierre Cardin pieces, especially in pristine conditions like this. We ar...Category
1960s French Day Dresses
- Tom Ford for Gucci SS 2004 Brown Silk DressBy Tom Ford, GucciLocated in Water Mill, NYA gorgeous rich brown fine stretch silk dress from Tom Ford for Gucci. The dress portion is strapless then it is sheer to the stand up collar at the neck and to the elbows of the dramatic leg of...Category
Early 2000s Italian Day Dresses
- Leonard of Paris Fuschia Multi Color Silk Chiffon Strapless GownBy Leonard of ParisLocated in New York, NYVintage Leonard of Paris bright and flirty ruffled silk chiffon cocktail dress / evening gown, unmarked size, approximately US 6. Featuring four layer...Category
Late 20th Century French Evening Dresses and Gowns