NEW Asymmetric Prada 3D Silk Chiffon Draped Fairy Cocktail Dress 40
About the Item
The House of Savoy coat of arms and knotted rope on Prada’s seal herald that the iconic Italian luxury fashion house was named Official Supplier to the Italian Royal Household in 1919. Started in 1913 by Mario Prada, the brand’s original shop in Milan’s Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II still has the mahogany shelves that displayed its early wares such as travel items and handbags. Today, these fine leather goods are joined by the clothing, wallets and other various accessories that keep the brand on the cutting edge of fashion.
When Mario Prada’s granddaughter, Miuccia Prada (b. 1949), inherited the business from her mother in the late 1970s, Prada was recognized for its quality craftsmanship, yet it was still a modest-sized company. Miuccia, an enthusiast of unconventional Italian filmmakers who’d earned a Ph.D. in political science, introduced the concept of using pocone — a military-grade water-resistant nylon that feels like silk.
Nylon revolutionized the fashion house’s business, with the first Prada nylon backpack released to universal acclaim in 1984. Soon the durable, water-resistant material was incorporated into Prada’s ready-to-wear collections for both men and women. No one had previously considered nylon a part of luxury fashion, and it wasn’t long before the family-owned company best known for its luggage was leading modern style that emphasized function as much as form.
Characterized by clean lines and a refined elegance that signaled the new direction of the legacy brand, Miuccia Prada debuted her first ready-to-wear collection for women in Fall/Winter 1988. More inventive fashion would follow in the ensuing years, such as the 1993 launch of the more affordable, more playful Miu Miu line, which was aimed at a younger audience, and the introduction of Prada Sport in 1997 — a collection now widely seen as prescient for its embrace of athleisure.
Prada has regularly gone against the grain to elevate styles that have long been out of fashion. In 1996, there were dresses and skirts in clashing patterns and muted earth tones that seemed flat and outdated, all worn with chunky high wedge sandals. Fanny packs followed three years later, and elaborate lace in 2008. Each season continues to bring new eye-catching innovations for the historic brand, including enhanced attention to sustainability with Prada Re-Nylon, a new line of bags created from recycled ocean plastic.
Today, find a wide variety of vintage Prada evening dresses, bags and other items on 1stDibs.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: DXB, United Arab Emirates
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- NEW Missoni Crochet Knit Botanical Print Maxi Dress Gown with Beaded Details 40By MissoniLocated in Switzerland, CHMissoni's multicolored knitted dress is a sensational investment piece, note the bold botanical print and a dramatic beaded neckline. This effortlessly luxurious style requires littl...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Maxi Dress
- NEW Missoni Signature Chevron Crochet Knit Belted Tunic Mini Dress 42By MissoniLocated in Switzerland, CHDETAILS: Beautiful multicolor & pink shades Classic MISSONI signature zigzag knit Simply slips on Deep V-neck Attached self-tie belt (can be detached if needed) ...Category
2010s Italian Informal Dresses
- Gucci by Tom Ford Pleated Powder Silk Dress with StripesBy Tom Ford for Gucci, GucciLocated in Switzerland, CHStunning Dress by Tom Ford for Gucci For his final summer collection for Gucci in 2004 Sample piece from the Atelier Beautiful panel silk dress Handstitching Pleating details Strip...Category
Early 2000s Italian Informal Dresses
- NEW Salvatore Ferragamo Floral Print Neckholder Bow Dress 44By Salvatore FerragamoLocated in Switzerland, CHStunning cocktail dress by Salvatore Ferragamo Wonderful floral print all over Closes with bow "Salvatore Ferragamo" written all over Made in Italy Dry Clean Only Size 44 New, unwor...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Cocktail Dresses
- Rare Gianni Versace 1994 Medusa Metallic Golden Leather Dress Museum Piece 44By Gianni Versace Couture, Gianni VersaceLocated in Switzerland, CHULTRAFAMOUS DRESS BY GIANNI VERSACE COUTURE THE DRESS OF THE SEASON - FEATURED IN VERSACE AD CAMPAIGN OWN A PIECE OF FASHION HISTORY - A TRUE GEM SO HAR...Category
1990s Italian Evening Dresses and Gowns
- UNWORN Emilio Pucci Silk Jersey Fan Signature Print Cocktail Dress 40By Emilio PucciLocated in Switzerland, CHA stunning dress by Emilio Pucci. The striking print and style of this dress echoes the Twenties and its art deco style movement and has been brought up to date in this playful yet f...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Cocktail Dresses
- S/S 1992 Dolce & Gabbana Bridal Wedding Gown Bustier Tulle Skirt Shrug SetBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: Extremely rare S/S 1992 Dolce & Gabbana bridal collection ensemble! Dolce & Gabbana only came out with their bridal collect...Category
1990s Italian Skirt Suits
- S/S 1992 Atelier Versace by Gianni Versace Strapless Bustier Mini DressBy Gianni VersaceLocated in Yukon, OK**THANK YOU FOR SHOPPING WITH MES DEUX FILLES** DESIGNER: 1992 S/S Atelier Versace by Gianni Versace CONDITION: Good- to just look at the dr...Category
1990s Italian Cocktail Dresses
- Roberto Cavalli Spring 2001 Silk Printed GownBy Roberto CavalliLocated in Prague, CZAs seen on the runway on Alek Wek and on Mariacarla Boscono on the campaign of the iconic Spring 2001 collection. 100% printed silk. Size Small, fits true t...Category
Early 2000s Maxi Dress
- Dolce & Gabbana Spring 1997 Silk DressBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Prague, CZOne of the most iconic Dolce & Gabbana garments. This gorgeous dress in 100% silk satin comes in Size IT 42 fits like S/M. Measurements (flat lay on one side): Across the chest -...Category
1990s Evening Dresses and Gowns
- Dior By John Galliano Spring 2006 Lace DressBy John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in Prague, CZA beautiful knitdress with lace detailing. Size FR 38, would fit sizes US 6 and 8 as it has some stretch to it. Excellent vintage condition.Category
Early 2000s Cocktail Dresses
- Jean Claude Jitrois Beige and Taupe Maxi DressBy Jean Claude JitorisLocated in London, GBA Jean Claude Jitrois chiffon taupe maxi dress with a layer of beige leather fringing draped perpendicular across the bodice. The dress is sleeveless and features a curved wrap in th...Category
20th Century Maxi Dress
- Charles Pfister for Knoll Club Chair in Cognac LeatherBy Knoll, Charles PfisterLocated in Waalwijk, NLCharles Pfister for Knoll International, lounge chair, leather, United States, 1970s This lounge chair is designed as part of a lounge collection in 1971 bij Charles Pfister. Exe...Category
Vintage 1970s American Post-Modern Club ChairsMaterials
- Hermes Mini Lindy Magnolia Swift BNIBBy HermèsLocated in West Hollywood, CAHermes brand new in box mini lindy magnolia swift leather with palladium hardware. Date stamp U, 2022. Coveted new size , can be worn in three ways, also cr...Category
2010s French Shoulder Bags
- Swedish Designer, Sconce, Brass, Red-Lacquered Metal, Sweden, c. 1950sLocated in High Point, NCA brass and red-lacquered metal sconce designed and produced in Sweden, c. 1950s.Category
Vintage 1950s Swedish Scandinavian Modern Wall Lights and SconcesMaterials
- French Wooden Console Table w/Single Board Top & Raised on Fabulous Legs!Located in Atlanta, GAA French fruitwood console table with unusual legs. This contemporary table from France features a rectangular-shaped top comprised of a singl...Category
20th Century French Console TablesMaterials
- Estate GIA 2.74ct Natural Fancy Yellow Oval 3 Stone Diamond Platinum RingLocated in New York, NYA Superb ESTATE 3 STONE NATURAL FANCY "Cognac" Yellow Oval cut GIA 2.74ctw DIAMOND Ring. The Center Diamond is 2.25CT in Natural Fancy Brownish Yellow color, SI1 clarity (eye clear)...Category
Early 2000s Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Yellow Diamond, Platinum, 18k Gold
Recently ViewedView All
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery