Pierre Cardin Vintage 1968 Haute Couture Metal Bones Iconic Dress
View Similar Items
Pierre Cardin Vintage 1968 Haute Couture Metal Bones Iconic Dress
- Dimensions:Bust: 36 in (91.44 cm)Waist: 34 in (86.36 cm)Hip: 38 in (96.52 cm)
- Place of Origin:France
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Carmel by the Sea, CA
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU4171780503
About the Designer
Best known for creating groundbreaking fashion designs from the 1950s onward, Pierre Cardin enjoyed great success in other design fields, most notably furniture. Cardin’s chairs, cabinets, tables and other pieces share many of the keynotes of his clothing designs. They are simple, geometric, elegant and cool.
Cardin was born in a village near Venice, Italy, and raised in central France. Always interested in fashion, he left home at age 17 to train with a Vichy tailor. After the end of World War II, Cardin moved to Paris and worked for a succession of couture houses, before taking a job with Christian Dior in 1946. Cardin went solo in 1950, and quickly won attention for his novel style. Unlike Dior’s famous New Look, Cardin’s clothes de-emphasized a woman’s curves; his breakthrough pieces like the Bubble dress had, instead, a sculptural quality. In the following decade, Cardin introduced bright tunic dresses and shifts, marketed as the Space Age look and accessorized with vinyl hats and visors.
In the 1970s Cardin expanded his design work into furniture, jewelry and automobiles. (Later, licensing agreements would put Cardin’s name on goods ranging from perfume to sunglasses.) Cardin’s furniture pieces — inspired, perhaps, by the rediscovery of Art Deco design in that decade — feature simple, symmetrical forms, lacquer and figured veneer finishes, and accents in metals such as aluminum and brass.
Whether you are looking for a vintage cocktail dress or a chest of drawers to keep it in, as you will see on 1stDibs, Pierre Cardin offers an option in either that is timelessly chic.
- Moschino Couture Question Mark Dress 1988-89By MoschinoLocated in Carmel by the Sea, CAMoschino Couture Question Mark Dress 1988-89 Franco Moschino lifetime rare question mark dress from the late 1980's. Purchased at Ralph Davies in San Franc...Category
1980s Italian Cocktail Dresses$1,120 Sale Price20% Off
- Oscar de la Renta 2008 Raffia Dress & Bolero with Bead, Sequin EmbellishingBy Oscar De La RentaLocated in Carmel by the Sea, CAOscar de la Renta dress and bolero set 2008 Spring Collection—featured in a brown and forest green color with raffia throughout the cotton-blend fabric and bead and sequin Appliqué. ...Category
Early 2000s American Evening Dresses and Gowns$760 Sale Price20% Off
- 1970's Pierre Cardin Mod Structured Wool Navy Blue A Line DressBy Pierre CardinLocated in Carmel by the Sea, CAVintage 1970's wool dress has a back zipper closure, button closures at the cuffs, decorative bow at the shoulder, A-line silhouette, and ruching at the sleeves. Dress has some norma...Category
1970s Evening Dresses
- Jean Paul Gaultier Soleil Leather & Mesh DressBy Jean Paul Gaultier Soleil, Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Carmel by the Sea, CAJean Paul Gaultier Soleil fitted body concious black sheath dress with a black leather front panel and 3 layer stocking knit back panel. Leather front has open twisted and knotted le...Category
1990s French Sheath Dresses
- Herve Leger Original French Bodycon GownBy Herve LégerLocated in Carmel by the Sea, CAThe original - pre BCBG Max Azria, Herve Leger bondage dress is made with 95% rayon and 5% lycra, and has a back zipper closure. Size S. Made in France. Measurements: Will fit sligh...Category
1990s French Maxi Dress$700 Sale Price45% Off
- Givenchy Coral Silk Blend DressBy GivenchyLocated in Carmel by the Sea, CAGivenchy Dress featured in a Coral/peach color with decorative buttons along the front. Dress has a side zipper fastening and full lining. Size 38, made in France. Bust 33”, waist ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Day Dresses
- Vintage MOSCHINO CHEAP and CHIC "Are You Feeling Dirty" DressBy Moschino Cheap and Chic, MoschinoLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage MOSCHINO CHEAP and CHIC "Are You Feeling Dirty" Dress Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips: Bust: 17.32 inches (40 cm) not stretched Waist: 14.96 inches (36 cm) not stretched Hips: 17.32 inches (41 cm) not stretched Length: 57 inches (104 cm) Features: - 100% Authentic MOSCHINO Cheap and Chic. - Halter neckline with opening at the back. - Print of a lady with apron stating "Maid in Italy" and jeweled shoes...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Aesthetic Day Dresses
- Vintage MOSCHINO French Menu Novelty DressBy Moschino, Moschino JeansLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage MOSCHINO French Menu Novelty Dress Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips: Shoulder: 15.75 inches (40 cm) Sleeves: 18.1...Category
1990s Italian Casual Dresses
- Vintage MOSCHINO COUTURE Roman Centurion Gladiator Velvet DressBy Moschino, Moschino CoutureLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage MOSCHINO COUTURE Roman Centurion Gladiator Velvet Dress From 1989 Collection. Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips...Category
1980s Italian Day Dresses
- Vintage KARL LAGERFELD Colorful Logo Print Pleated Sleeveless DressBy Karl LagerfeldLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage KARL LAGERFELD Colorful Logo Print Pleated Sleeveless Dress Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust and waist: Shoulder: 12.20 in...Category
1980s French Aesthetic Day Dresses
- Vintage 1994 MOSCHINO COUTURE "WHAM" Patchwork Novelty DressBy Moschino, Moschino CoutureLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage 1994 MOSCHINO COUTURE "WHAM" Patchwork Novelty Dress Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips: Bust: 15.35 inches (39 cm...Category
1990s Italian Aesthetic Day Dresses
- Vintage CHANEL BOUTIQUE Cummerbund Button Down Wool Silk Black DressBy Chanel BoutiqueLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage CHANEL BOUTIQUE Cummerbund Button Down Wool Silk Black Dress Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust, waist and hips: Shoulder: 18...Category
1980s French Evening Dresses
Recently ViewedView More
How Renaissance Man Pierre Cardin Became One of Fashion’s Biggest Names
The visionary designer's futuristic clothing and furniture designs are celebrated in a new show at the Brooklyn Museum.
The Best Ways to Dress for Your Astrological Sign
Makeup and astrology expert Linda Mason dispenses fashion advice for every zodiac sign. Does your wardrobe match your horoscope?
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery