- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Prada Green Black Chain Inset Printed Shift Dress, Resort 2009
- DimensionsLength: 35 in. (88.9 cm)Marked Size: 44 (EU)Bust: 38 in. (96.52 cm)Waist: 34 in. (86.36 cm)Hip: 38.5 in. (97.79 cm)
- Stylemod (In the Style Of)
- Place of OriginItaly
- Seller LocationBoca Raton, FL
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU7306461201
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$110 Standard Parcel Shippingto United States 0, arrives in 3-5 weeks. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Boca Raton, FL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 2 days of delivery.
About the Manufacturer
The House of Savoy coat of arms and knotted rope on Prada’s seal herald that the iconic Italian luxury fashion house was named Official Supplier to the Italian Royal Household in 1919. Started in 1913 by Mario Prada, the brand’s original shop in Milan’s Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II still has the mahogany shelves that displayed its early wares such as travel items and handbags. Today, these fine leather goods are joined by the clothing, wallets and other various accessories that keep the brand on the cutting edge of fashion.
When Mario Prada’s granddaughter, Miuccia Prada (b. 1949), inherited the business from her mother in the late 1970s, Prada was recognized for its quality craftsmanship, yet it was still a modest-sized company. Miuccia, an enthusiast of unconventional Italian filmmakers who’d earned a Ph.D. in political science, introduced the concept of using pocone — a military-grade water-resistant nylon that feels like silk.
Nylon revolutionized the fashion house’s business, with the first Prada nylon backpack released to universal acclaim in 1984. Soon the durable, water-resistant material was incorporated into Prada’s ready-to-wear collections for both men and women. No one had previously considered nylon a part of luxury fashion, and it wasn’t long before the family-owned company best known for its luggage was leading modern style that emphasized function as much as form.
Characterized by clean lines and a refined elegance that signaled the new direction of the legacy brand, Miuccia Prada debuted her first ready-to-wear collection for women in Fall/Winter 1988. More inventive fashion would follow in the ensuing years, such as the 1993 launch of the more affordable, more playful Miu Miu line, which was aimed at a younger audience, and the introduction of Prada Sport in 1997 — a collection now widely seen as prescient for its embrace of athleisure.
Prada has regularly gone against the grain to elevate styles that have long been out of fashion. In 1996, there were dresses and skirts in clashing patterns and muted earth tones that seemed flat and outdated, all worn with chunky high wedge sandals. Fanny packs followed three years later, and elaborate lace in 2008. Each season continues to bring new eye-catching innovations for the historic brand, including enhanced attention to sustainability with Prada Re-Nylon, a new line of bags created from recycled ocean plastic.
Today, find a wide variety of vintage Prada evening dresses, bags and other items on 1stDibs.
- By PradaLocated in Boca Raton, FLFashion is about revision and remixing just as much as it is about novelty and innovation. Season after season, ...Category
2010s Evening Dresses and Gowns
- By Tiziani, Tiziani RomaLocated in Boca Raton, FLLagerfeld’s early work for Tiziani Roma caught the eye of many notable women, including superstar Elizabeth Tayl...Category
1960s Evening Dresses and Gowns
- By ChanelLocated in Boca Raton, FLAlways keeping it modern, the Chanel 2013 collection played off of a graphic, geometric aesthetic. Highlighting ...Category
2010s Cocktail Dresses
- By Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel, ChanelLocated in Boca Raton, FLIn addition to other signature design details, the camellia flower is another symbol of Chanel. Supposedly her f...Category
1980s Evening Dresses and Gowns
- By Bottega VenetaLocated in Boca Raton, FLBottega Veneta has a way of reworking the classic hard-and-soft design. With a specialty in handbags, Bottega Ve...Category
Early 2000s Cocktail Dresses
You May Also Like
21st Century and Contemporary Evening Dresses and Gowns
21st Century and Contemporary Aesthetic Evening Dresses
1990s Cocktail Dresses
Early 2000s Cocktail Dresses
2010s Day Dresses
Early 2000s Evening Dresses and Gowns
2010s Evening Dresses
21st Century and Contemporary Cocktail Dresses
Too Soon for the Return of ’90s Fashion? As If
There's a renewed appreciation for the era's aesthetic, perhaps most notably among millennials seeking authentic, easy style.
The Stories behind the Most Famous Luxury Fashion Logos
From Chanel to YSL, the logos of some legacy fashion houses spark instant brand recognition and have come to symbolize a kind of luxury that feels at once aspirational and attainable.
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery