Alexander McQueen Navy Blazer
About the Item
British fashion designer Lee Alexander McQueen, the original creative engine behind the Alexander McQueen label, was beloved for his expert tailoring and theatrical runway shows. After his suicide in 2010, fans left tributes to the man and his talents outside Alexander McQueen boutiques worldwide. Record-breaking crowds visited the posthumous retrospective of the designer’s work at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City and the Victoria and Albert in London.
McQueen’s inspirations came from many quarters — film, music, current events, history, his heritage and fashions of the past. His runway presentations were not just displays of clothing but were personal expressions of the zeitgeist, often touching on our cultural anxieties and concerns. McQueen’s own thoughts and feelings about love, death, gender, genocide, colonialism, global warming and the extinction of species all appear in his pieces.
“What you see in the work is the person himself. And my heart is in my work,” McQueen told Harper’s Bazaar in 2007. It is perhaps this heart, and the heart’s exposure, that drew the crowds and made McQueen creations both popular and emotionally resonant. Because the work was personal and thus layered with feeling, the motifs — decorative embellishments and fabric choices — have meaning. In other words, in McQueen’s oeuvre, plaid is more than simply a pattern.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Thousand Oaks, CA
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
- Lanvin Vintage Gold Lame and Black Velvet JacketBy Lanvin ParisLocated in Thousand Oaks, CAVintage Lanvin Gold Lame and Black Velvet Jacket . Small shoulder form, but with relaxed fit similar to a cardigan. Gold Buttons, Black Velvet collar, Waist length. Size 44 - Fits ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Bolero Jackets
- Lanvin Vintage Gold Brocade Black Velvet Smoking JacketBy Lanvin ParisLocated in Thousand Oaks, CALanvin Vintage Gold Brocade Black Velvet Smoking Jacket Lanvin vintage gold brocade smoking jacket with black velvet collar and trim, gold button...Category
Late 20th Century Smoking Jackets
- Dolce and Gabbana Special Edition Black Fringe Cardigan Size XSBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Thousand Oaks, CADolce and Gabbana special edition black fringe cardigan. 3/4 sleeves. Tonal black buttons with Dolce and Gabbana engraved in them. Size XS.Category
21st Century and Contemporary Cropped Jackets
- Bottega Veneta Wool Double-Breasted Black and White BlazerBy Bottega VenetaLocated in Thousand Oaks, CABeautiful, classic Bottega Veneta Double-Breasted Blazer. Black/ Charcoal with white striping. Deep V Neck - 6 Buttons Hits Mid-Thigh Size 40 Made in Italy Excellent Condition ...Category
2010s Italian Double-Breasted Jackets
- Balmain Double Breasted Blazer Baby BlueBy BalmainLocated in Thousand Oaks, CAThe Classic Balmain Blazer. This one is a beautiful baby blue with silver buttons. Tags are still on - never worn. Size 36. Retails for $2295Category
2010s French BlazersFree Shipping
- Rick Owens Moto Jacket Nude Size 6By Rick OwensLocated in Thousand Oaks, CARick Owens taupe suede moto jacket with high collar, asymmetrical zipper, and ribbed knitting under the arms. Size 6.Category
21st Century and Contemporary Jackets
- Hiroko Koshino Japan Black Design Jacket 1980Located in Amsterdam, NLVintage jacket from Japanese designer "Hiroko Koshino" with long front (88cm/34.64 inch) and attached inside vest, inside button with a short back (65c...Category
20th Century Unknown Blazers
- Yves Saint Laurent Burgundy Velvet JacketBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Amsterdam, NLThis vintage YSL "Rive Gauche" jacket is made of soft bordeaux velvet with 5 black buttons at the front, no pockets. Size is marked EU 42 but fits like a EU 40/ US 10, please refer t...Category
20th Century French Blazers
- Alexander McQueen 2000s Dark Charcoal and Black Exaggerated Collar Blazer JacketBy Alexander McQueenLocated in San Francisco, CAAlexander McQueen tailored blazer in a very dark charcoal grey miniature herringbone featuring amazing black statement collar with stitched...Category
Early 2000s Italian Blazers
- Alexander Mcqueen 1998 Joan Skirt Suit with Zippered Jacket and Logo Red LiningBy Alexander McQueenLocated in San Francisco, CAVintage 1990s Alexander Mcqueen grey skirt suit from the 1998 Joan collection. Suit is made of a beautiful grey and black fabric with a light sheen. A...Category
1990s Italian Skirt Suits
- 1960s ClaraLura Original Black Asymmetrical Blazer Jacket with Beaded ButtonsLocated in San Francisco, CA1960s Claralura Originals black jacket with wide sleeves, diagonal crossover closure and bead embellished buttons. Wide sleeve hits between elbow and wrist. No content label, feels...Category
1960s Unknown Blazers
Recently ViewedView All
This Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen Ensemble Is Part Zsa Zsa Gabor, Part ‘Blade Runner’
As Burton steps away from the brand, it’s a fitting time to revisit one of her visionary designs.
The Best Ways to Dress for Your Astrological Sign
Makeup and astrology expert Linda Mason dispenses fashion advice for every zodiac sign. Does your wardrobe match your horoscope?