- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Thierry Mugler Cadillac Grill Padded Motorcycle Jacket, 1989 F/W
- DimensionsMarked Size: 38 (EU)Bust: 34 in. (86.36 cm)Waist: 28 in. (71.12 cm)Hip: 32 in. (81.28 cm)Shoulder to Hem: 26 in. (66.04 cm)
- StyleBiker (In the Style Of)
- Place of OriginFrance
- Material NotesQuilted
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. Minor scuff.
- Seller LocationNew York, NY
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU4614557562
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Riverdale, NY
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Manufacturer
Mugler, who went by Manfred in recent years, founded his brand in 1973 with his first personal collection. By the late 1990s, he was more famous for his fragrances, thanks to the brand’s best seller Angel. But the designer’s vintage evening gowns and dresses have recently returned to red carpets, worn by stars like Kim Kardashian and Cardi B.
Thierry Mugler’s penchant for performance, drama and costuming came from his background in ballet, having danced as a teenager with the Opéra national du Rhin in his hometown of Strasbourg, France. In the 1980s and ’90s, his couture shows were theatrical and futuristic, similar to those of his contemporaries Jean Paul Gaultier and Christian Lacroix. In one of Mugler’s shows, the then-pregnant legendary supermodel Pat Cleveland (part of the coterie of glamorous muses associated with designer Halston) was suspended from the ceiling and then glided down the runway surrounded by clouds of smoke. Mugler would become known for his immaculate tailoring as well as for his increasingly avant-garde designs that featured sharp cuts, sexy and fetishistic elements, an integration of metal and uniquely treated materials like PVC and leather.
Recent years have seen Mugler’s archival designs, especially from his 1995 haute couture show, take center stage, coinciding with the resurgence of camp in fashion and the return of bodycon dresses. The brand’s roster of clients has included some of the most visionary figures in fashion, from David Bowie and Diana Ross to Beyoncé and Lady Gaga, and the founder’s influence on over-the-top fashion can be seen in the work of designers such as Jeremy Scott and Alexander McQueen.
- Thierry Mugler Iconic Mens Wool and Leather JacketBy Thierry MuglerLocated in New York, NYThierry Mugler Iconic navy wool melton and leather trimmed blazer from the 1980's. Strong shouldered with tapering lines executed with Mugler's razor sharp cutting. Excellent condi...Category
- Thierry Mugler Cocktail Dress with Pleated Fan PeplumBy Thierry MuglerLocated in New York, NYAmazing Thierry Mugler Cocktail Dress with Pleated Fan Peplum in heavy black silk crepe. Strictly tailored and form fitting with requisite large Mugler shoulder pads and tiny waist. ...Category
1980s Cocktail Dresses
- Thierry Mugler Wasp Waist Faux Fox SuitBy Thierry MuglerLocated in New York, NYThierry Mugler's 1980's version of a 1940's suit complete with faux fur stone marten held by a golden fox head. Cut in soft wool crepe with severely pinched waist, full hip peplum an...Category
1980s Skirt Suits
- Mugler Honeycomb Motif SuitBy Thierry MuglerLocated in New York, NYClassic Mugler beautifully cut power suit in navy faille with white inserts forming a honeycomb pattern throughout. Snap front closure with slim cut skirt. France 1990s. Size 42. The...Category
1980s Skirt Suits
- Yves Saint Laurent Cotton Sateen TopperBy Yves Saint Laurent Rive GaucheLocated in New York, NYYves Saint Laurent Cotton Sateen Jacket in black/white floral abstract print suitable for day or evening. Fully cut versatile Swing coat style with important shoulders, large patch p...Category
- Valentino Houndstooth BlazerBy Valentino Miss V, ValentinoLocated in New York, NYValentino Houndstooth Lambswool Blazer with puff sleeves, double breasted styling with a slim, straight cut and small side slits. A great classic jacket staple in taupey camel and bl...Category
You May Also Like
1980s Twin Sets
1990s Skirt Suits
Early 2000s Jackets
1990s Evening Dresses and Gowns
1990s Camisoles and Shell Tops
Early 2000s Maxi Dresses
Early 2000s Blazers
21st Century and Contemporary Blazers
Early 2000s Evening Dresses and Gowns
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery