A/W 1995 John Galliano Black Silk Trousers
About the Item
- Dimensions:Length: 41.5 in (105.41 cm)Marked Size: 2 - 4 (US)Waist: 25.2 in (64.01 cm)Hip: 33.6 in (85.35 cm)
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:North Hollywood, CA
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU3084219456442
Known for introducing rich theatricality and memorable fashion spectacles to the runway, John Galliano has enjoyed a singular career. The audacious British designer has garnered universal acclaim for genre-breaking collections not only at his eponymous label but also for Givenchy and Christian Dior.
From his embroidered absinthe-green Oscars gown for actress Nicole Kidman to the iconic sleeveless newspaper-print dress that Sex and the City’s Carrie Bradshaw made famous, Galliano’s intricate and multifaceted work is reliably newsworthy, drawing on history as often as it embodies a fresh and forward-looking sensibility, and over the years the designer has helped shape an ever-broadening new legion of enthusiasts for Parisian couture.
Born in Gibraltar but raised in South London by strict Roman Catholic working-class parents, Galliano attended the all-boys Church of England grammar school, where his flamboyance and interest in art attracted the attention of bullies. Eventually, Galliano ended up at the prestigious design and art school Central Saint Martins College (then called Saint Martin’s School of Art), where fellow British designers Stella McCartney and Alexander McQueen also trained.
Galliano flourished at Central Saint Martins. While a student, he worked in the costume department at the National Theatre in London. His graduate collection in 1984, dubbed “Les Incroyables” and named for post–French Revolution fashion lovers, was modeled by close friends of his and earned a standing ovation. The line ended up in the storefront windows of London luxury boutique Brown’s on South Molton Street, and Galliano’s first official collection — after he graduated — debuted at Paris Fashion Week in 1989.
In the early 1990s, Galliano’s relationship with his financial backer, Plein Sud’s Faycal Amor, ended, and by 1994, he was broke and sleeping on the floor of a friend’s apartment. Vogue editor in chief Anna Wintour and then-Vanity Fair editor André Leon Talley stepped in and introduced the budding designer to Portuguese socialite and fashion patron São Schlumberger and others. At Schlumberger’s Hôtel Particulier, Galliano’s shows became the stuff of fashion legend. His collection, a blend of Japanese modernist style as well as nostalgia for Art Deco and 1940s’ tailoring, earned raves in glossy magazines and garnered the attention of Princess Diana, Madonna and other fashion luminaries.
Once the Galliano name was well known among the world’s most stylish set, the chairperson of LVMH, Bernard Arnault, appointed Galliano head designer of French fashion house Givenchy. One year later, in 1996, LVMH moved him to the design team at Dior, where he produced scores of celebrated looks for Dior Haute Couture. Today, Galliano is the creative director of Maison Margiela.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: North Hollywood, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- A/W 2003 Maison Martin Margiela Artisanal Inverted JeansBy Maison Martin MargielaLocated in North Hollywood, CAA/W 2003 Maison Martin Margiela artisanal jeans with inverted button-up front detail. These jeans were originally vintage denim Levi's, turned inside-out for a reverse variation. Hig...Category
Early 2000s Jeans
- 1990's Vivienne Westwood 'Gold Label' Wool Strapless JumpsuitBy Vivienne WestwoodLocated in North Hollywood, CA1990's Vivienne Westwood 'Gold Label' wool strapless jumpsuit. Trouser-inspired strapless jumpsuit with fitted waist and back pocket detail. In excellent vintage condition with no fl...Category
- A/W 2003 Christian Dior ‘Hard Core’ Collection Red Leather PantsBy Christian Dior, John GallianoLocated in North Hollywood, CAA/W 2003 Christian Dior by Galliano ‘Hard Core’ collection mid-rise red leather pants with silver details. Features silver buckle details at waist, s...Category
Early 2000s Pants
- S/S 2000 Gucci by Tom Ford Turquoise Snakeskin TrousersBy Tom Ford for Gucci, GucciLocated in North Hollywood, CAS/S 2000 Gucci by Tom Ford turquoise snakeskin print pants. Features Gucci cursive signature throughout pattern. High rise cotton flare trousers. Sa...Category
Early 2000s Pants
- S/S 1997 Gucci Copper Lurex Disco PantsBy Gucci, Tom FordLocated in North Hollywood, CAS/S 1997 Gucci by Tom Ford Disco Pants. Inspired by his brief time at Studio 54, when Tom Ford began designing for Gucci he took disco sensuality and gave ...Category
1990s Italian Wide Leg Pants
- S/S 1997 Gucci by Tom Ford Black Lurex Disco PantsBy Gucci, Tom FordLocated in North Hollywood, CAS/S 1997 Gucci by Tom Ford Black Disco Pants. Inspired by his brief time at Studio 54, when Tom Ford began designing for Gucci he took disco sensuality and gave it a modern edge crea...Category
- Maison Martin Margiela S/S 1999 Artisanal varnished white jeansBy Maison Martin MargielaLocated in Rome, IT- Maison Martin Margiela - Artisanal line - Sold by Gold Palms Vintage - Spring/Summer 1999 - Mid wash vintage jeans repurposed with thick white paint coating - Size S Measurements...Category
1990s French Pants
- Cultura Andy Warhol Mona Lisa Vintage Y2K Pop Art Bootcut Leg Jeans Pants 2000sLocated in Doncaster, South YorkshireAn excellent and rare pair of vintage bootcut jeans from the early 2000s by quality Italian label, Cultura for their Andy Warhol collaboration, licensed ...Category
Early 2000s Jeans
- Dolce & Gabbana grey wool ribbed knit high waisted leggingsBy Dolce & GabbanaLocated in London, GBDolce & Gabbana grey wool ribbed knit high waisted leggings. - Zip fastening on center back seam and ankles. ca. 1990-1999Category
1990s Italian Pants
- Jean Paul Gaultier peach rib knit and satin lace up legging pants, ss 1992By Jean Paul GaultierLocated in London, GBJean Paul Gaultier peach rib-knit wool and satin leggings with lace up and button fastenings. Spring-Summer 1992Category
1990s Italian Pants
- Vivienne Westwood lace screen printed denim corset and jeans, fw 1992By Vivienne WestwoodLocated in London, GBVivienne Westwood lace screen printed denim corset and high rise slim jeans Fall-Winter 1992Category
1990s British Corsets
- Louis Vuitton SS19 Blue x White x Black Monogram Jogger Pants 29lk53sBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dix hills, NYDate Code/Serial Number: CA36929 Made In: Italy Measurements: Length: 15" Width: .5" Height: 39.5" Size: 40 OVERALL EXCELLENT CONDITION ( 9/10 or A ) Women's 40 LV or USA 8 Waist:...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Jeans
Recently ViewedView All
How John Galliano Caused Fashion Chaos around the Globe
The visionary designer epitomizes the pleasures and perils of irrepressible creative genius.
The Best Ways to Dress for Your Astrological Sign
Makeup and astrology expert Linda Mason dispenses fashion advice for every zodiac sign. Does your wardrobe match your horoscope?
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery