- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Emilio Pucci Print Cotton Shirt
About the Item
- Dimensions:Length: 22.2 in (56.39 cm)Shoulder to Hem: 20.3 in (51.57 cm)
- Place of Origin:
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use.
- Seller Location:Geneva, CH
- Reference Number:Seller: 1DJD00351stDibs: LU560187494
By the mid-1960s, the international fashion press, enamored of his dazzling scarves and slithery dresses in sensuous psychedelic silk jersey, had dubbed Florentine designer Emilio Pucci the Prince of Prints. Less well known is that, starting in the early 1950s, Pucci applied his colorful, abstract patterns to static angular mediums such as ceramics, floors and furniture, imbuing them with movement, not to mention glamour. He was the first fashion designer to enter the lifestyle market, founding the successful brand that exists today.
Born in 1914 to one of Italy’s oldest noble families, Emilio Pucci, Marchese Pucci di Barsento, was a member of the postwar international jet set, hopping from beach to mountain to city. His fashion career began unexpectedly in 1947, when he created a revolutionary stretch ski outfit that was photographed on the Swiss slopes for Harper’s Bazaar.
Eschewing a life of aristocratic glamour, the self-taught Pucci opened a boutique on Capri dedicated to simple resort clothing (think capri pants) that evoked the Mediterranean’s undulating waves and refreshingly bright colors. At the time, luxury fashion was as constricted as a Dior cocktail dress, but the Swinging Sixties were on the horizon. Signed with what Vogue International editor Suzy Menkes calls a “handwritten ‘Emilio’ flourish” — a concept, she points out, as novel as that of designer ready-to-wear — his designs were soon seen on celebrities like Jackie Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe.
From the airline uniforms he created for Braniff in the 1960s to the emblem he crafted for the Apollo XV space mission in 1971, Pucci’s designs were visionary. In spite of his traditional roots (or because of them), the Prince of Prints was forward thinking and outward looking. Pucci put his signature flourish on patterns that were flexible — first for fashion, then for furnishings and objects. Whether on fabric or foam, shelves or sails, as he first explained some 70 years ago, the ornamental designs work in “continuous motion.” Venturing into nontraditional design partnerships, he laid the groundwork for a future brand, a classic legacy that his daughter Laudomia Pucci continues today.
Find vintage Emilio Pucci evening dresses, scarves, skirts and other clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Geneva, Switzerland
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Yves Saint Laurent Haute Couture Blouse, Circa 1993By Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Geneva, CHBased on the 1993 YSL Spring-Summer haute couture collection, this bright floral printed blouse is a genuine ode to the Spring. Cut in organdy silk, this piece features a removable j...Category
1990s French Blouses and Tops
- Valentino Silk TopBy ValentinoLocated in Geneva, CHElegant Valentino ivory and dark blue sleeveless top. Zip closure on the left side. Fits approx. : US 2-6 / FR 36-38 Measurements (taken flat) : Width (armpit to armpit) appro...Category
1980s Italian Nautical Shirts
- Marni Runway Printed Silk Shirt Blouse, Spring-Summer 2009By Consuelo Castiglioni, MarniLocated in Geneva, CHDefined by its “quirky elegance”, the Italian label Marni loves playing with colors, patterns and unusual shapes. A perfect example of the reason why Marni is loved by the fashion wo...Category
Early 2000s Italian Blouses and Tops
- Rare Yves Saint Laurent Butterfly Print Blouse, Fall-Winter 1971-1972By Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Geneva, CHVery rare 70’s burnt orange YSL refined natural silk stand-up collar blouse. Unusual colorful butterfly print. Labelled a French size 38 (US 4-6), the blouse runs a bit small to size...Category
1970s French Balloon Sleeve Blouses
- Yves Saint Laurent Peasant Blouse TunicBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Geneva, CHLate 70’s Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche gypsy blouse. Constructed in antique pink satin cotton, the tunic features three-quarter full sleeves that gather at the shoulders. Elasticat...Category
1970s French Blouses and Tops
- Yves Saint Laurent Haute Couture Lame BlouseBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Geneva, CHThis true haute couture treasure from the late 80’s - early 90's is cut in vibrant purple silk-blend lamé with red, blue and silver leaf and floral pattern. Unlined (except in the sh...Category
1980s French Blouses and Tops$800Free Shipping
- Vintage JEAN PAUL GAULTIER Constellation Face Optic Illusion Shirt Blazer JacketBy Jean Paul GaultierLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage JEAN PAUL GAULTIER Constellation Face Optic Illusion Shirt Blazer Jacket Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust and...Category
20th Century French Blouses and Tops
- Vintage YVES SAINT LAURENT Signature Colour Block T-Shirt TopBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage YVES SAINT LAURENT Signature Colour Block T-Shirt Top Measurements taken laid flat, please double bust and waist: Shoulder: 14.56 inches (37 cm) Sleeves: 4.72 inches (12 cm)...Category
20th Century French T-Shirts
- Sonia Rykiel 40th Anniversary "I Have A Dream" T-Shirt, S/S 2009By Sonia RykielLocated in Port Hope, ONThis is one of a series of messages for the S/S 2009 Collection Anniversaire which also promoted Obama and the Democratic Party. The Quote is of cours...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French T-Shirts$137 Sale Price29% Off
- ETRO Milano Floral Tunic 48 (ITL)By EtroLocated in Port Hope, ONLovely multicolored tunic made of polyester and sporting 3/4 sleeves and a v-neck. Colors include blue, purple, yellows, brown, black, white and green.Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Tunics
- ETRO Men's Cotton Shirt Size 40By EtroLocated in Port Hope, ONA pattern of small diamond shapes in a light lilac and white, makes this shirt highly wearable with a suit, dress or sport pants. It is made of a cotton which is silky but has a l...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Shirts$90 Sale Price33% Off
- Etro Cotton Striped Shirt (42 ITL)By EtroLocated in Port Hope, ONNicely tailored cotton shirt with multicolored stripes.Category
Late 20th Century Italian Shirts
Recently ViewedView More
How Fashion Icon Emilio Pucci Became the Prince of Psychedelic Prints
The Italian design icon set the course for creating a comprehensive lifestyle brand.
The Best Ways to Dress for Your Astrological Sign
Makeup and astrology expert Linda Mason dispenses fashion advice for every zodiac sign. Does your wardrobe match your horoscope?
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery