Iconic John Galliano Unisex Newspaper Newsprint Black and White Tee T Shirt TopItem Status:
- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Iconic John Galliano Unisex Newspaper Newsprint Black and White Tee T Shirt Top
Shipping & Returns
- Shipping$70 Standard Shippingto anywhere in the world, arrives in 7-9 days. We recommend this shipping type based on item size, type and fragility.Delivered by a parcel delivery service such as UPS, FedEx, or DHL.Ships From: Chicago, IL
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
About John Galliano (Designer)
John Galliano, the British fashion designer known for his genre-breaking collections, has an unconventional creative spirit that has usually led to his being misunderstood. Born in Gibraltar but raised in South London by strict Roman Catholic working-class parents, Galliano attended the all-boys Church of England grammar school, where his flamboyance and interest in art attracted the attention of bullies. Eventually, Galliano ended up at the prestigious design and art school Central Saint Martins College (then called Saint Martin’s School of Art), where fellow British designers Stella McCartney and Alexander McQueen also trained.
Galliano flourished at Central Saint Martins. While a student, he worked in the costume department at the National Theatre in London. His graduate collection in 1984, dubbed “Les Incroyables” and named for post–French Revolution fashion lovers, was modeled by close friends of his and earned a standing ovation. The line ended up in the storefront windows of London luxury boutique Brown’s on South Molton Street, and Galliano’s first official collection — after he graduated — debuted at Paris Fashion Week in 1989.
In the early 1990s, Galliano’s relationship with his financial backer, Plein Sud’s Faycal Amor, ended, and by 1994, he was broke and sleeping on the floor of a friend’s apartment. Vogue editor in chief Anna Wintour and then-Vanity Fair editor André Leon Talley stepped in and introduced the budding designer to Portuguese socialite and fashion patron São Schlumberger and others. At Schlumberger’s Hôtel Particulier, Galliano’s shows became the stuff of fashion legend. His collection, a blend of Japanese modernist style as well as nostalgia for Art Deco and 1940s’ tailoring, earned raves in glossy magazines and garnered the attention of Princess Diana, Nicole Kidman and Madonna, among other fashion luminaries.
Once the Galliano name was well known among the world’s most stylish set, the chairperson of LVMH, Bernard Arnault, appointed Galliano head designer of French fashion house Givenchy. One year later, in 1996, LVMH moved him to the design team at Christian Dior, where he produced scores of celebrated looks for Dior Haute Couture. In 2011, the French luxury brand suspended Galliano’s contract — and eventually fired him — for widely publicized anti-Semitic remarks he made during a drunken tantrum, shocking such longtime fans as Natalie Portman, who was then the face of Miss Dior Cherie fragrance. The designer apologized in court, asserting that he does not espouse the views he shared during the incident. In 2013, Anna Wintour brokered a temporary design residency for Galliano at Oscar de la Renta. Today, he is the creative director of Maison Margiela.
Shop a collection of silk dresses, handbags, jackets and more designed by John Galliano at 1stDibs.
- By John Galliano for Christian Dior, John GallianoLocated in Chicago, ILCollectible CHRISTIAN DIOR by JOHN GALLIANO black and white novelty print playing cards and dominos semi sheer m...Category
Early 2000s Camisoles and Shell TopsSize: Small - Medium$680 Sale Price20% Off
- By John GallianoLocated in Chicago, ILSexy JOHN GALLIANO hot pink / fuchsia and white sleeveless top with an asymmetrical lace cut-out down the bodice...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Tank TopsSize: XS - Medium$335 Sale Price25% Off
- By ValentinoLocated in Chicago, ILChic late 90s vintage VALENTINO black and white soft cotton button up long bell sleeve blouse! Features a unique...Category
1990s Blouses and TopsSize: Small / Small Medium$580 Sale Price20% Off
- Located in Chicago, ILChic Late 60s Irish Linen A-Line embroidered mini dress / tunic ! Features an ivory / off-white color with paste...Category
1960s TunicsSize: Medium$600 Sale Price20% Off
- By KenzoLocated in Chicago, ILChic late 1990s KENZO grey metallic short sleeve blazer jacket ! Features metallic squares throughout.50% Linen,...Category
1990s BlazersSize: 42 / US 10 - 12$795
- By Matthew WilliamsonLocated in Chicago, ILChic early 2000s MATTHEW WILLIAMSON geography print chiffon sequined empire waist sleeveless blouse! Features pr...Category
Early 2000s Blouses and TopsSize: 8$460 Sale Price20% Off
You May Also Like
Early 2000s Shirts
21st Century and Contemporary Shirts
Early 2000s Tank Tops
2010s Camisoles and Shell Tops
Early 2000s Strapless Tops
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Insured Global Delivery