1970s Lanvin Blue Geometric Wool Pleated Skirt
About the Item
- Dimensions:Length: 22.05 in (56 cm)Waist: 23.63 in (60 cm)Hip: 34.65 in (88 cm)
- Place of Origin:
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Please note this item is in good condition with minor wear consistent with age and use.(please enlarge images to see all details on photos).
- Seller Location:Paris, FR
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU18729131522
The career of Jeanne Lanvin (1867–1946) and her eponymous brand began with a millinery apprenticeship in the late 19th century. Today, Lanvin Paris is a globally revered company and is among the oldest French fashion houses still in existence. It is renowned for its exquisite and sought-after vintage evening dresses, shoes, skirts and other garments and accessories and for having dressed such high-profile celebrities as Meryl Streep, Natalie Portman, Kim Kardashian and Sienna Miller.
In 1889, when her apprenticeship came to an end, the young French designer Jeanne Lanvin opened a custom hat shop on the rue Boissy d’Anglas in Paris. Four years later, she moved her business into a much more prominent space on the rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, one of the world’s most famous luxury fashion districts. The new Maison Lanvin was big enough to display the pieces she would design for her daughter, Marguerite, who was born in 1897. The relationship between Lanvin and her daughter would be at the core of the brand, with a 1907 photograph of Jeanne and Marguerite in matching outfits inspiring the fashion house’s enduring logo.
In 1908, Lanvin launched a line of children’s clothing, one of the first such moves in high-end fashion. When mothers came in to buy the clothes, they often asked for similar designs for themselves. Lanvin decided to introduce a women’s wear line with pieces that had a youthful femininity. This would grow to encompass everyday clothing, evening dresses, coats, lingerie and furs, as well as menswear, perfume and household items. Once she became a member of the Chambre Syndicale de la Couture (Parisian Fashion Council) in 1909, her title officially switched from milliner to designer.
Along with her stylish designs, Lanvin identified the importance of brand identity through fabric colors, opening a dye factory in Nanterre, France. There the distinctive “Lanvin blue” was produced, so even if her designs were copied, the colors could never be exactly reproduced.
After Jeanne Lanvin's death, her daughter, Marguerite Marie-Blanche de Polignac, took over and a series of talented artistic directors would propel the brand through the trends of the 20th century, including Jules François Crahay, Dominique Morlotti, Alber Elbaz and, most recently, Bruno Sialelli. In 2018, Lanvin was acquired by the Fosun Fashion Group, which is now focused on celebrating Lanvin’s heritage while pushing it into a new chapter.
Find vintage Lanvin Paris clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Paris, France
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Yves Saint Laurent 1991 Gold Tone Jacquard Mini Skirt YSLBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Paris, FRYSL Yves Saint Laurent gold-tone jacquard mini skirt featuring a wool blend an all-over jacquard motive, an high waist, front pockets, full lining and a side zip opening. In good ...Category
1990s French Pencil Skirts
- 1970s Celine Wool Pleated Check SkirtBy CelineLocated in Paris, FRCeline wool pleated check skirt featuring multicolour check pattern, knife-pleat design, high-waisted and belted waist with iconic leather detail. 100% wool Estimated size 38fr/US6 /...Category
1970s French Pleated Skirts
- 1970s Emilio Pucci Iconic Silk SkirtBy Emilio PucciLocated in Paris, FREmilio Pucci silk printed skirt featuring an iconic Pucci print, a shear georgette silk, a silk lining. Tag is missing but the print get the E.Pucci name in. Composition: 100% Silk ...Category
1970s Italian Skirts
- Comme des Garcons CDG Printed SkirtBy Comme des Garçons, Rei KawakuboLocated in Paris, FRComme des Garcons CDG printed fluid skirt featuring a white with a contrasting floral black print all over, this feminine midi skirt presents a gathered design in its straight fit. W...Category
1990s Japanese Skirts
- 1990s Yves Saint Laurent YSL Black Jacquard Wool SkirtBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Paris, FRYves Saint Laurent YSL black wool knitted skirt featuring a high-waisted bell skirt, a bicolor geometric hemline jacquard detail, a side zipper closing. ...Category
1990s French Skirts
- YSL Yves Saint Laurent Multicoloured Wool SkirtBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Paris, FRYSL Yves Saint Laurent multicolored wool etamine wrapped skirt featuring a multicolored print on a black ground, a thin black satin waistband. In good v...Category
1970s French Wrap Skirts
- John Galliano Blue Crystal Embellished Denim A Line Skirt (Small)By John GallianoLocated in Montreal, QuebecCOLOR: Blue MATERIAL: Denim SIZE: Small MEASURES Waist: 30” Hip: 36” Length: 19.5” CONDITION: Excellent - like new. Item is pristine. COMES WITH: Tags Made in Italy Measuring ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Skirts
- Emilio Pucci Cotton Mid-Length Skirt in BlueBy Emilio PucciLocated in Carnate, ITEmilio Pucci Cotton Mid-Length Skirt in Blue Emilio Pucci skirt. There is no composition label but we think it is cotton. Very light and semi-transparent material. Closure with 3 re...Category
Late 20th Century Skirts
- Vintage 1970's Mr Freedom Glam Rock Crushed Velvet Mod Mini Pinafore Skirt DressLocated in Beverly Hills, CASensational Mr Freedom designer pinafore dress dating back to the early 1970's. Mr Freedom was a clothing boutique in London which sold "pop art" fashion b...Category
1970s English Aesthetic Day Dresses
- Documented Yves Saint Laurent Pleated Silk Chiffon Ensemble, Spring-Summer 1979By Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche, Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Geneva, CHA wonderful addition to any summer wardrobe, this 70's runway Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche features a pleated jade green silk chiffon top with a matc...Category
1970s French Skirt Suits
- Dolce & Gabbana Sequins skirt size 38By Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Gazzaniga (BG), ITSilk 100% Green color Sequins Back zip closure Total lenght cm 59 (2322 inches) Waist cm 34 (1338 inches)Category
2010s Italian A-Line Skirts
- Dolce & Gabbana Sequins Skirt IT 38By Dolce & GabbanaLocated in Gazzaniga (BG), ITStunning Dolce & Gabbana sequins skirt Silk 100% Green color Sequins Back zip closure Total lenght cm 59 (23,22 inches) Waist cm 34 (13,38 inches) Worl...Category
2010s Italian SkirtsFree Shipping