1970s Lanvin Blue Geometric Wool Pleated Skirt
About the Item
- Dimensions:Length: 22.05 in (56 cm)Waist: 23.63 in (60 cm)Hip: 34.65 in (88 cm)
- Place of Origin:
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Please note this item is in good condition with minor wear consistent with age and use.(please enlarge images to see all details on photos).
- Seller Location:Paris, FR
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU18729131522
The career of Jeanne Lanvin (1867–1946) and her eponymous brand began with a millinery apprenticeship in the late 19th century. Today, Lanvin Paris is a globally revered company and is among the oldest French fashion houses still in existence. It is renowned for its exquisite and sought-after vintage evening dresses, shoes, skirts and other garments and accessories and for having dressed such high-profile celebrities as Meryl Streep, Natalie Portman, Kim Kardashian and Sienna Miller.
In 1889, when her apprenticeship came to an end, the young French designer Jeanne Lanvin opened a custom hat shop on the rue Boissy d’Anglas in Paris. Four years later, she moved her business into a much more prominent space on the rue du Faubourg Saint-Honoré, one of the world’s most famous luxury fashion districts. The new Maison Lanvin was big enough to display the pieces she would design for her daughter, Marguerite, who was born in 1897. The relationship between Lanvin and her daughter would be at the core of the brand, with a 1907 photograph of Jeanne and Marguerite in matching outfits inspiring the fashion house’s enduring logo.
In 1908, Lanvin launched a line of children’s clothing, one of the first such moves in high-end fashion. When mothers came in to buy the clothes, they often asked for similar designs for themselves. Lanvin decided to introduce a women’s wear line with pieces that had a youthful femininity. This would grow to encompass everyday clothing, evening dresses, coats, lingerie and furs, as well as menswear, perfume and household items. Once she became a member of the Chambre Syndicale de la Couture (Parisian Fashion Council) in 1909, her title officially switched from milliner to designer.
Along with her stylish designs, Lanvin identified the importance of brand identity through fabric colors, opening a dye factory in Nanterre, France. There the distinctive “Lanvin blue” was produced, so even if her designs were copied, the colors could never be exactly reproduced.
After Jeanne Lanvin's death, her daughter, Marguerite Marie-Blanche de Polignac, took over and a series of talented artistic directors would propel the brand through the trends of the 20th century, including Jules François Crahay, Dominique Morlotti, Alber Elbaz and, most recently, Bruno Sialelli. In 2018, Lanvin was acquired by the Fosun Fashion Group, which is now focused on celebrating Lanvin’s heritage while pushing it into a new chapter.
Find vintage Lanvin Paris clothing and accessories on 1stDibs.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Paris, France
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- 2016 Chanel Fall Catwalk SkirtBy ChanelLocated in Paris, FR2016 Chanel Catwalk black jacquard wool skirt featuring a large hight waist, a logo detail, Both sides long silver-tone sides zipped slits, an off-white front jacquard, lining in sil...Category
2010s French Skirts
- Celine Black Wool Jean SkirtBy CelineLocated in Paris, FRCeline black wool skirt featuring a jean skirt look, a high waist knee-length, back leather logo patch, a five pocket skirt jean look, a front logo button, slip pockets to the sides...Category
1980s French Pencil Skirts
- Celine Iconic Blue Check Wool SkirtBy CelineLocated in Paris, FRCeline iconic blue wool skirt featuring a front logo gold tone chain, an ivory and a pale blue-grey check pattern, a center back zip opening, front pleats. 55% wool, 45%viscose Estim...Category
1980s French Pleated Skirts
- YSL Yves Saint Laurent Multicoloured Wool SkirtBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Paris, FRYSL Yves Saint Laurent multicolored wool etamine wrapped skirt featuring a multicolored print on a black ground, a thin black satin waistband. In good v...Category
1970s French Wrap Skirts
- Alaia Brown Pencil SkirtBy Azzedine AlaïaLocated in Paris, FRAzzedine Alaia brown iconic fitted pencil skirt featuring featuring a high rise, a waistband, stitching details and a mid-length. In good vintage condition. Made in France. Label si...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Skirts
- 1970s Emilio Pucci Iconic Silk SkirtBy Emilio PucciLocated in Paris, FREmilio Pucci silk printed skirt featuring an iconic Pucci print, a shear georgette silk, a silk lining. Tag is missing but the print get the E.Pucci name in. Composition: 100% Silk ...Category
1970s Italian Skirts
- Louis Féraud Teal Trapunto Peplum Suit with Provenance - US 8, 1980sBy Louis FeraudLocated in Tucson, AZFrom its striking color to its seductive neo-40s silhouette, this is a suit unafraid to make a bold impression...which makes sense when you realize it belonged to the wife of one of the most notorious mafiosi in American history. Wool crêpe suit with peplum jacket and matching inverse pleat midi skirt. Jacket features collarless round neckline, puffed shoulders, front princess seams and finished left slash breast pocket; 4” trapunto stitched peplum backed in silk gabardine for stiffness. 4-button front closure with snap at waist, plus three ornamental buttons at each wrist; fully lined in “Louis Féraud” tonal imprint silk. Matching midi skirt with plain waistband and three deep inverse pleats from knee to hem, front and back; full princess seams front and back. Rear hidden nylon zipper closure with top button and interior hanging loops; fully lined in matching silk. fabric: wool crêpe, silk noteworthy: dry clean only alterations: secured inverse pleats where separated; original owner added snap at jacket waist condition: excellent measurements: •jacket• neckline circumference: 18” (closed) shoulders: 15” bust: 36” sleeve: 24 ½” from shoulder, 16” from underarm sleeve circumference: 15” at underarm, 10” at wrist waist: 30” length: 19 ½” from shoulder, 12” from underarm peplum sweep: 40” •skirt• waist: 28” hips: 40” length: 30”, including 2” plain waistband sweep: 48” (pleats closed), 100” (pleats open) hem: 1 ½” label: Louis Féraud (made in W Germany) / Cele Peterson...Category
1980s French Skirt Suits
- Ralph Lauren Blue Cotton Pintuck Detail Maxi Skirt SBy Ralph LaurenLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Don an impressive look by wearing this lovely blue skirt. Lend a touch of grace and shine akin to a diva in this Ralph Lauren number. The maxi skirt comes with a zip closure and beau...Category
2010s Italian Skirts
- YSL Rive Gauche Bicolour Royal Blue Satin Skirt With Bow circa 1985By Yves Saint LaurentLocated in Berlin, DEYSL Rive Gauche incredible blue / purple skirt from circa 1985. Draped oversized bow hem detail. The skirt fastens with side zip. Original size : 38 FRCategory
1980s French Pencil Skirts
- 1960S Lilly Pulitzer Light Blue & White Cotton Floral Broiderie Trim SkirtBy Lilly PulitzerLocated in New York, NY1960S Lilly Pulitzer Light Blue & White Cotton Floral Broiderie Trim SkirtCategory
1960s A-Line Skirts