1990s Dolce and Gabbana Tiered Floral Fringe Skirt in Black Red and Yellow
About the Item
Dolce & Gabbana
Shapely lingerie models, animal and floral prints and the Mediterranean heritage of Sicily have come to define the romantic and sensual style of Dolce & Gabbana, a leading international brand that from its earliest days of corsetry, copious lace and provocative silhouettes has challenged fashion with an audacious vision for femininity.
After meeting in Milan in 1980 while they were both working for Italian designer Giorgio Correggiari, Domenico Dolce (b. 1958) and Stefano Gabbana (b. 1962) would go on to establish their eponymous fashion empire in 1982. Three years later, a breakthrough for the duo materialized in the form of an up-and-coming talent showcase at Milan Fashion Week, where they unveiled an approach to fashion design that broke sharply from that of the era’s reigning Italian houses. By then romantic partners as well as a business, Dolce & Gabbana were outsiders. Soon, their distinctive garments — sexy, feathery skirts and stretchy jersey evening dresses that favored full figures — demanded the fashion world’s undivided attention.
Though Dolce & Gabbana forged a path in womenswear that would take shape with a 1986 collection called “Real Women,” the brand’s offerings broadened quickly to encompass knitwear, swimwear, lingerie, ready-to-wear, menswear and perfume. In the early 1990s, Madonna helped catapult the luxury house to international stardom: The renowned singer and actress famously tapped the brand to create the looks for her 1993 tour “The Girlie Show.” It saw Madonna working closely with the designers and even starring in their ad campaigns. Dolce & Gabbana has continued to develop a high-profile clientele that includes pop sensations such as Beyoncé and Lady Gaga. The latter donned Dolce & Gabbana’s armor corset dress in the music video for her hit single “Paparazzi.”
Rather than following the rapidly changing trends of fashion, Dolce & Gabbana have instead held to their close-fitting tailoring and decadent designs. The house continues to work with recurring themes such as the culture of Italy and Catholicism, which is manifest, specifically, in their widespread use of black lace, a fabric that references the dresses worn by Sicilian widows. The duo is also inspired by Italian cinema and its icons such as Gina Lollobrigida and Sophia Loren; in 2015 they introduced the Sophia No. 1 lipstick in her honor.
Although Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana separated as a couple in 2005, they continued their business as a creative partnership. In 2012, they closed their less expensive D&G ready-to-wear line to focus on exclusive extravagance, such as their Alta Moda custom pieces. Today, Dolce & Gabbana maintains a popularity with a wealthy clientele, and the house’s 2020s collections have featured technological experiments that update traditional styles, such as a bouclé jacket with a pixel-like pattern, as well as throwbacks to the 1990s fashion that made the brand a household name.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: San Francisco, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- 2000s Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Purple Diamond Weave Pencil SkirtBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in San Francisco, CAYves Saint Laurent 2005 Rive Gauche purple pencil skirt in a diamond weave composed of an amazing flax blend that almost feels like a soft wove...Category
Early 2000s French Pencil Skirts
- Yves Saint Laurent Black Draped Jersey Pencil SkirtBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in San Francisco, CAYves Saint Laurent black matte jersey pencil skirt with great twist and drape detailing at front side waist. Soft, comfy, and very versatile! Back zip and hook and eye. 100% viscose...Category
2010s Italian Pencil Skirts
- Alexander Mcqueen Unworn Grey Pencil Skirt with Black Patent Leather AccentsBy Alexander McQueenLocated in San Francisco, CAAlexander McQueen grey pencil skirt with black patent leather accent strips at side that fasten just below hip with a patent buckle. Back zip and hook and eye. 96% virgin wool, 4% l...Category
Early 2000s Italian Pencil Skirts
- Vintage Moschino Cheap & Chic Black Lace Up Detail Maxi Skirt 1990sBy MoschinoLocated in San Francisco, CAMoschino Cheap & Chic 1990s vintage black maxi length skirt with lace-up/corsetry detail at front. Bronze colored grommets with black lacing. Slits at end of lacing make this breezy ...Category
1990s Italian Pencil Skirts
- 2000s Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Black Velvet Pencil Skirt with BeltBy Yves Saint LaurentLocated in San Francisco, CAYves Saint Laurent black velvet Rive Gauche pencil skirt with wide black velvet belt with silver buckle front. Signed Yves Saint Laurent Paris at front buckle, YSL on back zip. No be...Category
1990s French Pencil Skirts
- Louis Vuitton Black Bustier Tank and Skirt Set with Bow Detail at ShouldersBy Louis VuittonLocated in San Francisco, CALouis Vuitton black shirt and skirt set. Tank features a bubble style hem and bows at each shoulder with pleat detailing at bust. Seam detail at back. Top fastens at back with hook a...Category
2010s French Skirts
- Vintage Swarovski Decorated KiltLocated in New York, NYVintage wool pleated kilt decorated with bezel set Swarovski crystals along the hips. Button front wrap closure. Upcycled and made for a Japan Vogue Shoot x MWLC Studios. 28" waist...Category
1990s American Pleated Skirts
- Vintage Swarovski Decorated KiltLocated in New York, NYVintage wool pleated kilt decorated with bezel set Swarovski crystals along the hem. Wool pleated differently on back for color variation. Side zip closure. Upcycled and made for a ...Category
1990s American Pleated Skirts
- Alexander McQueen Black Leather Asymmetric Ruffle Short Skirt SBy Alexander McQueenLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Edgy and quite different, this short skirt from Alexander McQueen definitely needs to be on your wishlist. The black skirt is made of 100% lamb leather with soft silk lining and features an artistic silhouette. It flaunts ruffles and sits perfectly on the waist to provide a flattering fit. It comes equipped with a concealed zip closure and can be paired with an off-shoulder top, statement heels...Category
2010s Italian Ruffled Skirts
- Chloe Brown Stretch Crepe Corset Detail Midi Skirt LBy ChloéLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Match this elegant Chloe skirt with an elegant top and you're set for an after-work look. If you fancy to embrace the up-to-the-minute trends in fashion, this smart brown piece is id...Category
2010s Italian Skirts
- Chloé Black Crepe de Chine Silk Smocked Waist Midi Skirt LBy ChloéLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Make room in your closet for this creation from the house of Chloé. Designed for a fashionable look, this black skirt is fabulous for any evening event. This skirt features a metalli...Category
2010s Italian Skirts
- Chloe Black Sheer Cotton Lace Overlay Maxi Skirt MBy ChloéLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2This stunning maxi skirt from Chloe will elevate your outfits instantly. Crafted from cotton, it comes in a classic shade of black. The skirt has a flowy silhouette, a lace overlay w...Category
2010s Italian Skirts
Recently ViewedView All
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery