- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Christian Lacroix Vintage Mini Skirt Jacket Suit Colorful Turquoise Floral Print
- DimensionsMarked Size: 38 (EU)Bust: 38 in. (96.52 cm)Waist: 28 in. (71.12 cm)
- Place of Origin
- ConditionWear consistent with age and use. 2 very small pinholes found in sleeve - not noticeable, otherwise excellent.
- Seller LocationPortland, OR
- Reference NumberSeller: 42501stDibs: LU223211758322
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingShips From: Beaverton, OR
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About the Designer
The iconic French fashion designer, whose body of work includes handbags and purses, evening dresses, jackets and lots more, has always favored theater over fashion. He has long integrated corsets and bustles into his work, drawing on diverse cultures and citing epic historical dramas as inspirations. Today he is creating opera costumes, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that his colorful and voluminous garments captured the excesses and defined the extravagant frivolity of the 1980s as well as the sensuality and boldness of the 1990s.
Lacroix studied art history at the University of Montpellier and museum studies at École du Louvre and the Sorbonne in Paris. He aspired to become a museum curator or costume designer but instead entered the world of fashion, specifically haute couture, with the support of his now-wife Françoise Rosenthiel, who helped get his sketches to Hermès. Lacroix was offered an assistant job at the legendary luxury brand and later worked as a designer at the House of Patou in 1981.
Lacroix’s career flourished and his profile soared from then on, as he established his own label in 1987, using layers of fabric and consistently clashing prints in his designs for opulent pouf skirts, vibrant floral maxi day dresses as well as jewelry and watches that commanded attention. He created a ready-to-wear line for Italian manufacturer Genny and dressed dancers at the American Ballet Theatre company.
Lacroix became the artistic director of Italian fashion house Emilio Pucci in 2002, and, over time, he continued to secure work in the fields of theater, opera and other performance art, designing costumes for a range of stage productions. Alongside designs by Stella McCartney, Karl Lagerfeld and others, Madonna wore a corset during her 2004 “Re-Invention World Tour” that was created for her by Lacroix.
Today, the maison founded by the designer in 1987 is owned by the Falic Fashion Group, but Lacroix continues to design womenswear for brands such as Desigual as well as for the stage. His larger-than-life aesthetic has also been translated into a range of accessories and fragrances as well as various interior furnishings such as tableware and household linens. Lacroix has completed interior design projects at a number of hotels and has partnered with the likes of Christofle and other firms over the years. In whatever form it takes, the sumptuousness and glamour of a Lacroix design is unmistakable.
Find a range of vintage Christian Lacroix clothing, jewelry and accessories on 1stDibs.
- Documented Christian Lacroix 1994 Runway Black Velvet Skirt Suit W Red VelvetBy Christian LacroixLocated in Portland, ORThis is a gorgeous vintage Christian Lacroix black patterned, textured velvet 2 piece skirt suit with contrast red velvet lapels with floral applique, green velvet ribbon and gold me...Category
1990s French Jackets
- Escada 1980's Blue Suede Asymmetrical Jacket W/ Slits & Skirt by Margartha LeyBy EscadaLocated in Portland, ORThis is a stunning two piece ensemble designed by Margaretha Ley for Escada in the 1980's. The suit is made of blue suede with small black polka dots and includes a skirt and an open...Category
1980s German Skirt Suits
- Michael Hoban Blue Leather Gold Stud Flame Dress & JacketBy Michael Hoban for North Beach Leather, Michael HobanLocated in Portland, ORThis stunning deadstock Michael Hoban for North Beach Leather pearlescent blue leather outfit includes a gorgeous bodycon dress and a zip front jacket with gold stud flame details. W...Category
1990s Chinese Jackets
- Calvin Klein Collection Vintage Periwinkle Blue Suit Jacket & High Rise PantsBy Calvin Klein CollectionLocated in Portland, ORThis monochromatic Calvin Klein Collection pant suit is in a beautiful periwinkle blue summer weight wool. This suit is so modern and can be worn as a suit or it can be broken up to ...Category
1990s Italian Trouser Pant Suits
- 1980s Bob Mackie Vintage Metallic Embroidery Skirt Suit w/ Rhinestones & StudsBy Bob MackieLocated in Portland, ORThis 1980's teal matte satin vintage suit is from designer Bob Mackie. There are pretty velvet embellishments on the jacket that are covered with colored rhinestones, gold colored st...Category
1980s American Skirt Suits
- Louis Feraud Vintage Navy Blue and Red Linen Jacket and Skirt SuitBy Louis FeraudLocated in Portland, ORThis is a vintage Louis Feraud 1980's 2 piece linen skirt and jacket suit with red trim. The red trim runs down the sides of the jacket and skirt and around the collar. The jacket ...Category
1980s German Skirt Suits
You May Also Like
1990s French Trouser Pant Suits
1990s French Jackets
21st Century and Contemporary French Skirt Suits
1970s English Skirt Suits
1980s French Dinner Jackets
1980s French Skirt Suits
1950s French Dress and Coat Ensembles
1960s American Skirt Suits
1990s French Skirt Suits
Early 2000s Italian Skirt Suits
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery