Chanel Rare 1980s Black Cotton Crochet Sweater Colour Stripes Logo Buttons
About the Item
- Dimensions:Marked Size: 4-6 (US)
- Place of Origin:
- Material Notes:black cotton crochet & knit crochet stitch ribbed knit button holes Chanel buttons
- Seller Location:West Palm Beach, FL
- Reference Number:Seller: sb361stDibs: LU28420358912
Karl Lagerfeld for Chanel
More than a mere tastemaker, Karl Lagerfeld devoted himself to the continual pursuit of chic. “My life and my job,” the designer once said, “is to forget myself.” From his first collection at Chanel — after joining the brand in the early 1980s — he injected the venerable house with a frisson of modernity. Vintage Karl Lagerfeld designs for Chanel handbags, evening dresses, coats, jewelry and other clothing and accessories riffed on its iconography — tweed skirt suits, pearls, camellias — accenting a lexicon of Chanel-isms with tastes of the moment.
During his five-decade career as a designer for Chanel, Fendi, Chloé and many others, Lagerfeld was a quintessential chameleon, ever evolving to embody the times. An outsize, instantly recognizable personality — his ponytail powdered like an 18th-century viscount, his eyes perpetually shielded by dark glasses, wearing fistfuls of chunky silver jewels — Lagerfeld was, above all, an avatar of style.
Born in Hamburg (in 1933, ’35, or ’38 by varying accounts), Karl Lagerfeld packed his bags for Paris in 1954. His design for a coat won him the International Wool Secretariat and landed him a job with the celebrated couturier Pierre Balmain. He went on to become the designer of Jean Patou, eventually realizing that his seemingly endless ideas could fuel a career as a designer-for-hire. As such, Lagerfeld lent his vision to everyone from Loewe and Max Mara to Krizia and Charles Jourdan, nimbly moving among a diverse range of styles. It was an unprecedented way of working in the days when freelance was still a dirty word. During the late ’60s and ’70s, he refashioned Chloé to reflect the free spirit of the day and, beginning in 1965, joined forces with the Fendi family, taking it from sleepy furrier to fashion’s haute-est stratum.
Because of his track record for reviving and reimagining brands that had grown stagnant, in 1984 Lagerfeld was handed the reins at Chanel, which had been gathering dust since its founder’s heyday. Lagerfeld’s collections for the brand displayed his knack for synthesizing old and new, high and low. From Watteau (Spring/Summer 1985 couture) and Serge Roche (Spring/Summer 1990 ready-to-wear) to hip-hop fly girls (Fall/Winter 1991 ready-to-wear), surfers (Spring/Summer 2003 ready-to-wear) and ancient Egypt (Pre-Fall 2019), Lagerfeld used each season’s inspiration to conceive Chanel’s signatures anew. And despite producing eight collections a year for Chanel, as well as four to five for Fendi, Lagerfeld never faltered in proposing new ideas each time he put pencil to paper.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: West Palm Beach, FL
- Return PolicyA return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
- Hermes tan cashmere silk cable knit cardigan sweater 1960sBy HermèsLocated in West Palm Beach, FLHermes tan cashmere silk cable knit cardigan sweater from the 1960s. Boyfriend style, button front sweater with a v neckline and hip front patch pockets. The front and outer sleeves ...Category
1960s French Cardigans
- Marc Jacobs Orange Knit Collage Cardigan Sweater MBy Marc JacobsLocated in West Palm Beach, FLMarc Jacobs orange knit collage cardigan sweater. Long sleeve sweater with ribbed neck, hem and cuffs, the sweater front is done in panels of lace, ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Cardigans
- Missoni Off White Decorative Knit Sweater and Tank Twin SetBy Missoni, M MissoniLocated in West Palm Beach, FLMissoni off white decorative knit long sleeve open front hip length sweater and matching scoop neck tank top. Each unlined. Tank marked size 2 sweater marked size 6. M Missoni. In ex...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Twin Sets
- Brunello Cucinelli Ecru Linen & Silk Sequin Applique Layered Knit Tunic SweaterBy Brunello CucinelliLocated in West Palm Beach, FLBrunello Cucinelli natural ecru linen & silk, sequin sewn, pullover, layered tunic knit sweater. Long raglan sleeves, mid torso layered drape front & back. Unworn with tags, irregul...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Pullovers
- Courreges Off White Ribbed Cardigan SweaterBy CourrègesLocated in West Palm Beach, FLCourreges off white ribbed and cable knit cardigan sweater. Long sleeve, V neck sweater, the body of the sweater is done in rib knit with interspersed row...Category
1970s French Cardigans
- Vintage Loris Azzaro Metallic Pink and Silver Leather Sweater 1980sBy Loris AzzaroLocated in West Palm Beach, FLVintage Loris Azzaro metallic pink and silver leather sweater from the 1980s. Pinks and silver metallic thread are crocheted together to create th...Category
1980s French Cardigans
- Chanel & Karl Lagerfeld runway Pre-Fall 2014 Paris-Dallas cashmere sweater jumpeBy Chanel, Karl Lagerfeld for ChanelLocated in Алматинский Почтамт, KZChanel & Karl Lagerfeld runway Pre-Fall 2014 Paris-Dallas cashmere sweater jumper Creative Director: Karl Lagerfeld Collection: Chanel Pre-Fall 2014 P...Category
2010s Italian Sweaters
- Maglia Missoni nuova con cartellinoBy Missoni, M MissoniLocated in Basaluzzo, ITIntrecci, sfumature e trasparenze rappresentano questa bellissima maglia targata Missoni. Il suo taglio leggermente a campana, come le maniche rendono sinuoso ed armonioso il mix cre...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian SweatersFree Shipping
- Black and off-white wool and mohair graphic sweater Christian Dior BoutiqueBy Christian DiorLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRBlack and off-white wool, mohair and lurex threads graphic sweater. Numbered: 50575 SIZE MCategory
1990s Unknown Pullovers
- Black jacquard knit ChanelBy ChanelLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRBlack knit with "CC" jacquard in the middle front and small "CC" brand in the bottom front on the lefts side. No fabric composition tag but probably rayon. size SCategory
Early 2000s European Pullovers
- Wool sweater with snake print allover Roberto CavalliBy Roberto CavalliLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRWool sweater with snake print allover and lurex edge. Fabric composition: 85% wool, 15% elasthane SIZE XLCategory
Early 2000s Italian Pullovers
Recently ViewedView All
How the Chanel Jacket Forever Changed What Women Wear
The classic tweed garment has been a wardrobe staple of chic women around the world since the 1950s.
Remembering Fashion Designer, Collector and Supreme Tastemaker Karl Lagerfeld
The creative force behind brands like Chanel, Fendi and Chloé was as exacting in his interiors as he was in his clothing designs.