Louis Vuitton Monogram Briefcase Business Bag
About the Item
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Saint-ouen, France
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Hermès Black Leather Briefcase, Hermes Attache, Hermes BagBy HermèsLocated in Saint-ouen, FRThis very elegant Hermès briefcase features black calfskin leather and a comfortable leather handle. Closed by 2 Hermès engraved gold plated solid brass plated latches in the shape of an H as well as a one pinch lock closure , also engraved Hermès. Its locking mechanism is very special and works thanks to a combination with its three buttons.This luxury case is marked Hermès Paris in gold letters on inside leather edge . When it is open, its interior is breathtaking. It reveals a magnificent all gold leather interior and a pocket opening on 2 folding sections to store files and paperworks as well as 2 small flat pockets.Gold leather is the quintessential and iconic Hermes house tan color . It comes with its Hermes black leather name holder, its matching clochette and key.. This authentic Hermès case is a must have item for all serious Hermes lovers...Category
Late 20th Century French Luggage and Travel Bags
- Hermès Black Leather Briefcase, Hermes Attache, Hermes BagBy HermèsLocated in Saint-ouen, FRThis elegant Hermès briefcase features black calfskin leather and a comfortable leather handle. Closed by 2 Hermès engraved gold plated solid brass plated...Category
Late 20th Century French Luggage and Travel Bags
- Hermès Black Leather Briefcase, Hermès Watch Attache, Hermès Watch CaseBy HermèsLocated in Saint-ouen, FRThis elegant Hermès briefcase features black calfskin leather and a comfortable leather handle. Closed by 2 Hermès engraved gold plated solid brass plated latches in the shape of an H as well as a one pinch lock closure , also engraved Hermès.This leather case is marked Hermès Paris in gold. When it is open, its interior reveals a magnificent bespoke red leather and black velvet interior fitted for storage of 15 watches. Hand made by superior craftsman in France, it features soft black velvet interior with individual compartments and removable cushions . Under its lid, its quilting is padded to absorb chocks.This Hermès watch...Category
Late 20th Century French Luggage and Travel Bags
- Louis Vuitton Suitcase, Louis Vuitton Travel Bag, Small Vuitton Cabin SuitcaseBy Louis VuittonLocated in Saint-ouen, FRThis is a magnificent semi rigid Louis Vuitton monogramm suitcase. All its frame is rigid as its main 2 sides are soft canvas.It closes thanks to its 2 zips very softly and effortless It has got a large and comfortable all leather handle . As to its interior, it is in very good condition . It has got its original beige lining with Louis Vuitton embroided straps . Its interior is fresh and clean , no smell , and all original. Dimensions : 49 cm x 37 cm and 12 cm tall. Thanks to its small size, you can have it with you as a cabin bag...Category
Mid-20th Century French Luggage and Travel Bags
- Louis Vuitton Monogramm Briefcase, Louis Vuitton President Case, Vuitton BriefcasBy Louis VuittonLocated in Saint-ouen, FRThis elegant Louis Vuitton briefcase features monogram canvas and a large and comfortable leather handle. Closed by a solid brass lock, it is accompanied by two crafted brass trunk latches. Its trims are printed with the LV logo all around. Its interior is all original too in brown leather and it is very clean.It features a flat pocket to store documents.It is embossed Louis Vuitton . Embossed serial number. It comes with its Louis Vuitton leather name tag...Category
1980s French Briefcases and Attachés
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Pilot or Doctor's Briefcase, Louis vuitton ServietteBy Louis VuittonLocated in Saint-ouen, FRThis very unusual Louis Vuitton briefcase features monogram canvas and golden lock. It also has got a beautiful all leather handle in pristine condition. This Louis Vuitton bag is as...Category
Late 20th Century French Briefcases and Attachés
- Vintage Art Deco Hermes Fitted Gentlemans Travelling Grooming CaseBy HermèsLocated in Chillerton, Isle of WightVintage Art Deco Hermes Fitted Gentlemans Travelling Grooming Case A Superb and very rare piece, the case is made in good Quality Brown leather hide, ...Category
1930s French Luggage and Travel Bags
- Antique Crocodile Beautycase around 19th Century UKLocated in Stuttgart, DEA very rare and unique beauty case made from wild crocodile from the last century. Interior made of natural leather with 2 bottles and glass jars. An integrated pocket for other uten...Category
19th Century British Suitcases and Trunks
- DIOR X RIMOWA Hand Case Black Oblique AluminumBy Christian DiorLocated in Montreal, QuebecDIOR X RIMOWA Hand Case Black Oblique Aluminum. Rare aluminum hand case featuring the emblematic Dior Oblique design on the exterior and interior, black plastic...Category
21st Century and Contemporary German Briefcases and Attachés
- Prada Unisex Black Weekender SuitcaseBy PradaLocated in West Hollywood, CAPrada excellent condition black nylon and leather weekender suitcase. Detachable strap. Multiple Compartments.Category
2010s Briefcases and Attachés
- LOUIS VUITTON Sirius 45 Carry On Over Night Travel BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in West Palm Beach, FLLOUIS VUITTON Sirius 45 carry on, over night, travel bag. Double handle bag has a luggage tag & LV lock but no keys. The outside is in very goo...Category
1980s French Duffel Bags and Carry-On Bags
- Charles Pfister for Knoll Club Chair in Cognac LeatherBy Knoll, Charles PfisterLocated in Waalwijk, NLCharles Pfister for Knoll International, lounge chair, leather, United States, 1970s This lounge chair is designed as part of a lounge collection in 1971 bij Charles Pfister. Exe...Category
Vintage 1970s American Post-Modern Club ChairsMaterials
- Hermes Mini Lindy Magnolia Swift BNIBBy HermèsLocated in West Hollywood, CAHermes brand new in box mini lindy magnolia swift leather with palladium hardware. Date stamp U, 2022. Coveted new size , can be worn in three ways, also cr...Category
2010s French Shoulder Bags
- Swedish Designer, Sconce, Brass, Red-Lacquered Metal, Sweden, c. 1950sLocated in High Point, NCA brass and red-lacquered metal sconce designed and produced in Sweden, c. 1950s.Category
Vintage 1950s Swedish Scandinavian Modern Wall Lights and SconcesMaterials
- French Wooden Console Table w/Single Board Top & Raised on Fabulous Legs!Located in Atlanta, GAA French fruitwood console table with unusual legs. This contemporary table from France features a rectangular-shaped top comprised of a singl...Category
20th Century French Console TablesMaterials
- Estate GIA 2.74ct Natural Fancy Yellow Oval 3 Stone Diamond Platinum RingLocated in New York, NYA Superb ESTATE 3 STONE NATURAL FANCY "Cognac" Yellow Oval cut GIA 2.74ctw DIAMOND Ring. The Center Diamond is 2.25CT in Natural Fancy Brownish Yellow color, SI1 clarity (eye clear)...Category
Early 2000s Engagement RingsMaterials
Diamond, Yellow Diamond, Platinum, 18k Gold
Recently ViewedView All
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery