Bottega Veneta Burgundy Leather Mini The Pouch Bag
About the Item
- Dimensions:Height: 4.34 in (11 cm)Width: 1.97 in (5 cm)Length: 8.47 in (21.5 cm)
- Style:Mini The Pouch (In the Style Of)
- Place of Origin:Italy
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Good Overall in good condition with minor scuffs & white marks in some areas, minor scratches on metal.
- Seller Location:Dubai, AE
- Reference Number:Seller: 7728471stDibs: LU1310118986132
Bottega Veneta has garnered acclaim over the course of its long history for impeccable quality and unassuming elegance. Known for its signature intrecciato weave as well as the overall superb craftsmanship that characterizes its handbags, jackets, shoes and other items, the Italian luxury fashion house is revered all over the world.
Bottega Veneta was launched in 1966 in Vicenza, Italy, by Michele Taddei and Renzo Zengiaro. Its artisans worked to produce by hand what were primarily leather goods, and from the start, the label’s focus on traditional craft techniques became integral to its now-global reputation for exceptional design.
Developed by Bottega Veneta in the late 1960s, the intrecciato weaving technique gives the brand’s bags their suppleness and strength. The northeastern Italian region where the label was founded was largely associated with clothing back then, and sewing machines at the local ateliers weren’t intended to be used with the strong leather with which Bottega’s artisans were working in order to create the house’s coveted bags, wallets and other accessories. The precise weaving technique, which sees strips of fine leather woven by hand into a durable and robust pattern, was a practical solution. The resulting style has become a Bottega Veneta signature, making products such as its iconic Intrecciato Hobo handbag instantly recognizable.
Zengiaro left Bottega Veneta during the late 1970s, and Taddei then turned the brand over to his ex-wife, Laura Moltedo, and her second husband, Vittorio Moltedo. Designs took on a bolder look and the traditional craft approach was prioritized. The brand found success in the United States and expanded rapidly throughout the 1980s, becoming popular with celebrities and the cultural elite. American artist Andy Warhol often frequented the house’s Manhattan boutique, and even made a short film for the company.
As competition increased during the 1990s, Bottega Veneta’s popularity declined. The company began to see an upswing after Gucci, which is owned by luxury group Kering, acquired them in 2001. Tomas Maier was appointed creative director by Gucci’s Tom Ford and worked to return to the understated beginnings that had defined the brand’s design ethos. Maier’s celebrated Knot clutch, which was based on a 1978-era design and debuted in 2001, was a result of his enthusiasm for pared-back design as well as his efforts to showcase the house’s legacy of meticulous craftsmanship. In 2006, Bottega opened Scuola della Pelletteria to train the next generation of leatherworking artisans.
In 2018, British designer Daniel Lee took the role of creative director and earned a number of awards and accolades for the label. Before he left in 2021, Lee introduced an array of universally lauded designs such as Bottega Veneta Tire boots, the Cassette bag and the Mini Jodie, which is named after actress Jodie Foster. Matthieu Blazy was named creative director in 2021 following a history of design work for Celine, Maison Martin Magiela, Calvin Klein and other brands.
Find vintage Bottega Veneta footwear, accessories and clothing on 1stDibs.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Miu Miu Multicolor Embellished Jacquard ClutchBy Miu MiuLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Bring out the elegant lady in you with this multicolored clutch from Miu Miu! Crafted in jacquard fabric, the exterior is adorned with silver-tone studs and the front has a twist loc...Category
2010s Italian Clutches
- Dior Black Denim and Leather Motorcycle Rockabilly Wristlet ClutchBy Christian DiorLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Cute and compact, this Motorcycle Rockabilly wristlet clutch from Dior is perfect for your chic style. The black creation is crafted from denim and leather and features a round motif...Category
Early 2000s Italian Clutches$374 Sale Price22% Off
- Alexander McQueen Olive Green Leather Medium De Manta ClutchBy Alexander McQueenLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Alexander McQueen brings you this super-edgy clutch that carries a silhouette which will surely grab the attention of your onlookers. It has an olive green shade, folded top edges an...Category
2010s Italian Clutches
- Sarah's Bag Blue/Multicolor Beaded Fabric Chill Pill 2.0 Chain ClutchLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Everybody loves chic accessories that come with an edge. From Sarah's Bag comes this gorgeous clutch that will perfectly complement all your outfits. It has been crafted from blue fa...Category
2010s Unknown Clutches
- Celine Blue/Brown Leather Solo ClutchBy CelineLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Grab this sporty two-tone blue and brown Celine leather 'Solo' clutch and look fabulous from day to night! It features a smooth leather exterior on its rectangular shape and a top zi...Category
2010s Italian Clutches$192 Sale Price60% Off
- Prada Red Leather Studded Turnlock ClutchBy PradaLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Outshine others with this swanky clutch from the house of Prada. Modern and stylish, it is made from impressive red leather, detailed with silver-tone studs, and a turn-lock closure....Category
2010s Italian Clutches
- Womens Designer BOTTEGA VENETA PIAZZA TOP HANDLE BAGBy Bottega VenetaLocated in London, GBStunning and Classic piece from Bottega Veneta, the Piazza bag. The detail on the strap and the intrecciato leather on the sides of the bag are exquisite. This bag is in preloved con...Category
21st Century and Contemporary ClutchesUnavailable$1,642Free Shipping
- Womens Designer JUDITH LEIBER VINTAGE EXOTIC LEATHER BAGBy Judith LeiberLocated in London, GBThis exquisite Lizard leather bag with stone detailed opening by Judith Leiber is just breathtaking. Wear as a Cross-Body, Shoulder or Clutch bag. Truly a collector's item with lots ...Category
Late 20th Century ClutchesUnavailable$443Free Shipping
- WOMENS DESIGNER Gina Amy Clutch with ChainBy GinaLocated in London, GBJust breathtaking.! This beautiful Satin clutch bag by Gina is just exquisite especially the Crystal embellished flap. Lined with beige suede. An elegant and chic piece to add to an...Category
21st Century and Contemporary ClutchesUnavailable$556Free Shipping
- Vintage GIANNI VERSACE COUTURE Rose Print Silk Tassel Clutch BagBy Gianni Versace Couture, Gianni VersaceLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage GIANNI VERSACE COUTURE Rose Print Silk Tassel Clutch Bag Measurements: Height: 6.69 inches (17 cm) Width: 7.87 inches (20 cm) Depth: 2.16 inches (5.5 cm) Tassel: 7.08 inches...Category
1990s Italian Clutches
- Vintage KARL LAGERFELD Iconic Fan Rubber White BagBy Karl LagerfeldLocated in Kingersheim, AlsaceVintage KARL LAGERFELD Iconic Fan Rubber White Bag Measurements: Height: 6 2/8 inches Width: 10 6/8 inches Depth: 1 6/8 inches Removable Strap: 59 inches (adjustable) Features: - 100% Authentic KARL LAGERFELD. - White flap clutch/ shoulder bag with embossed fan allover. - Large fan with KARL LAGERFELD logo on the flap. - Removable shoulder strap. - Inside has gold metal fan plate...Category
20th Century French Shoulder Bags
- PRADA Exotic Red XL Evening Clutch BagBy PradaLocated in Switzerland, CHA PRADA signature piece that will last you for many years Timeless classic - a true beauty! A truly luxurious and elegant piece Prada long clutch with silver-tone hardware Logo ador...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Clutches$1,199 Sale Price20% Off
Recently ViewedView More
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery