Louis Vuitton Cream Saffron Empreinte Giant By The Pool Toiletry 26 Pouch
View Similar Items
Louis Vuitton Cream Saffron Empreinte Giant By The Pool Toiletry 26 Pouch
- Dimensions:Height: 7.9 in (20.07 cm)Depth: 2 in (5.08 cm)Length: 9.8 in (24.9 cm)
- Place of Origin:
- Seller Location:New York, NY
- Reference Number:Seller: 100-174121stDibs: LU20412834482
About the Designer
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
On 1stDibs, the unmistakable insignia can be found on both modern and vintage Louis Vuitton shoulder bags, suitcases, original 19th-century trunks, jackets and more.
- Hermes Colvert Blue Epsom Leather Kelly Longue Wallet w/ PalladiumBy HermèsLocated in New York, NYHermes Blue Leather Kelly Longue Wallet w/ Palladium Made In: France Year of Production: 2014 Color: Colvert blue Hardware: Silvertone palladium Materials: Epsom leather Lining: lea...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Wallets
- Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Neverfull Pochette Wristlet BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYLouis Vuitton Damier Ebene Neverfull Pochette Wristlet Bag Made In: USA Year of Production: 2020 Color: Brown damier Hardware: Goldtone Materials: Coated...Category
21st Century and Contemporary American Pouches and Wristlets
- Louis Vuitton Damier Azur Studs Felicie Chain Wallet Crossbody BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYLouis Vuitton Damier Azur Studded Felicie Chain Wallet Crossbody Bag Made In: Spain Color: White, fuchsia Hardware: Goldtone Materials: Coated canvas Lining: Fuchsia fine textile Cl...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Spanish Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Chanel RARE COLLECTORS Black Vintage Quilted Satin Micro Flap Bag NecklaceBy ChanelLocated in New York, NYChanel Black Vintage Quilted Satin Micro Flap Bag Necklace Made In: France Year of Production: 1990s Color: Black Hardware: Goldtone Materials: Satin Lining: Leather Closure/Opening...Category
1990s French Novelty Bags
- Saint Laurent Black Monogram Chevron Leather Compact Zip Around WalletBy Saint LaurentLocated in New York, NYSaint Laurent Monogram Chevron Leather Compact Zip Around Wallet Made In: Italy Color: Black Hardware: Silvertone Materials: Grained leather Lining: Grained leather Closure/Opening:...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Wallets
- Louis Vuitton White Multicolor Monogram Card Holder WalletBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYLouis Vuitton White Multicolor Monogram Card Holder Made In: Spain Year of Production: 2008 Color: White and multicolor Hardware: Goldtone Materi...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Spanish Wallets$475 Sale Price20% Off
- 2018 Fendi Turn-Lock Two-Tone Pebbled Calfskin Selleria Wallet as New ConditionBy FendiLocated in Port Hope, ONThis Fendi Continental wallet is in as new condition and has two distinct parts. The front has a polished silver turn lock which opens up to a middle zipped compartment, as well as ...Category
2010s Italian Wallets$471 Sale Price24% Off
- Pastel Braided Straw "Hamptons" Wristlet By Coach, 2000Located in Los Angeles, CA- Vintage item - 5.5" tall / 8" width / 2.5" depth - 8.5" removeable chain with leather wristlet strap - Pastel straw striped design - Tan leather details - Gold tone hardware ...Category
Early 2000s American Wallets and Small Accessories$158 Sale Price20% Off
- Vintage snake clutch bag with detachable lang chain, UK 1920sLocated in Stuttgart, DEA beautiful and well-preserved snake clutch, inside with 2 long compartments, one with a clasp and one open compartment. Inside lined with leather. There ...Category
1920s British Clutches
- Hermes Carre Pocket Long Pouch Le Grand Theatre Nouveau Swift NataBy HermèsLocated in Miami, FLMightychic offers a limited edition Limited edition Hermes Carre Pocket Long Pouch featured in Le Grand Theatre Nouveau. Tigre detail printed Swift leather. Beautiful in Nata and Mul...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Clutches
- LOUIS VUITTON Damier azur Beige C ard & 6 keys holderBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYWe guarantee this is an authentic LOUIS VUITTON Damier Azur Authentic Louis Vuitton Damier azur card & keys holder Unisex Made in France Code CT 3028 DETAILS Base Length: 4 in Heig...Category
2010s French Wallets
- CHANEL NEW Black Lambskin Leather Card Holder Mini Jewel Hook Handle WristletBy ChanelLocated in Chicago, ILNew Condition From 2021 Collection Lambskin Leather Gold Tone Hardware Woven Lining Measures 4.25" W x3.5" H x 1" D Include Authenticity Card and Box 100% Authenticity Guaranteed by...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Clutches$4,340 Sale Price20% Off
Recently ViewedView More
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery