Pucci Silk and Leather Small Clutch And or Wallet
About the Item
By the mid-1960s, the international fashion press, enamored of his dazzling scarves and slithery dresses in sensuous psychedelic silk jersey, had dubbed Florentine designer Emilio Pucci the Prince of Prints. Less well known is that, starting in the early 1950s, Pucci applied his colorful, abstract patterns to static angular mediums such as ceramics, floors and furniture, imbuing them with movement, not to mention glamour. He was the first fashion designer to enter the lifestyle market, founding the successful brand that exists today.
Born in 1914 to one of Italy’s oldest noble families, Emilio Pucci, Marchese Pucci di Barsento, was a member of the postwar international jet set, hopping from beach to mountain to city. His fashion career began unexpectedly in 1947, when he created a revolutionary stretch ski outfit that was photographed on the Swiss slopes for Harper’s Bazaar.
Eschewing a life of aristocratic glamour, the self-taught Pucci opened a boutique on Capri dedicated to simple resort clothing (think capri pants) that evoked the Mediterranean’s undulating waves and refreshingly bright colors. At the time, luxury fashion was as constricted as a Dior cocktail dress, but the Swinging Sixties were on the horizon. Signed with what Vogue International editor Suzy Menkes calls a “handwritten ‘Emilio’ flourish” — a concept, she points out, as novel as that of designer ready-to-wear — his designs were soon seen on celebrities like Jackie Kennedy and Marilyn Monroe.
From the airline uniforms he created for Braniff in the 1960s to the emblem he crafted for the Apollo XV space mission in 1971, Pucci’s designs were visionary. In spite of his traditional roots (or because of them), the Prince of Prints was forward thinking and outward looking. Pucci put his signature flourish on patterns that were flexible — first for fashion, then for furnishings and objects. Whether on fabric or foam, shelves or sails, as he first explained some 70 years ago, the ornamental designs work in “continuous motion.” Venturing into nontraditional design partnerships, he laid the groundwork for a future brand, a classic legacy that his daughter Laudomia Pucci continues today.
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: North Miami, FL
- Return PolicyThis item cannot be returned.
- Swarovski Crystal Beaded Calfskin Leather ClutchBy Daniel SwarovskiLocated in North Miami, FLThis stunning Daniel Swarovski crystal beaded clutch has tan buff calfskin leather with a light purple silk interior. The front is all crystals while the back is the tan supple leath...Category
Early 2000s Austrian Clutches
- Diamond Patterned Brown Alligator Clutch Mid Century ModernLocated in North Miami, FLThis lovely mid century modern diamond patterned alligator clutch has gold toned hardware and closure. The different tones of brown supple alligator leather make this textural with ...Category
1950s American Clutches
- Alexander McQueen Silk Satin De Manta ClutchBy Alexander McQueenLocated in North Miami, FLThis never used stunning Alexander McQueen De Manta clutch is silk satin with the folded details and magnetic closures with zippered ...Category
1990s British Clutches
- Gucci Vintage Gold Plated Unisex KeychainBy GucciLocated in North Miami, FLThis vintage gold plated Gucci mens key chain can also be unsex. It has the Gucci marked on the bottom right hand side of the G with a small bar connect...Category
1970s Italian Tech Accessories and Cases
- Roberta di Camerino Black & Brown Cut Velvet and Silver Plate Buckle Waist BeltLocated in North Miami, FLThis stunning never used Italian Roberta di Camerino waist belt has cut velvet in brown and black and silver plate as the hardware of a true belt buckle. It is a seamless close and open for the buckle; just a turn of the latch. it is for a very small waist. We would say a size 0 or 2 dress size maybe stretching to a size very tiny 4. When closed up the belt is 12" W and 1.85" H. The belt opened up end to end is 31" W or L end to end inclusive of the silver belt buckle hardware...Category
1980s Italian Belts
- Alberta Ferretti Ivory and Bronze Beaded ClutchBy Alberta FerrettiLocated in West Palm Beach, FLThis Alberta Ferretti clutch is a roomy statement clutch. It's made of ivory leather with gold ribbing and brown bead detailing and also has a bronze leather flap. Additionally, the ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Clutches
- New Vintage Gucci " Anniversary Collection " Wallet Checkbook PurseBy GucciLocated in San Diego, CAHandsome brand new vintage Gucci "Anniversary Collection" wallet! Beautiful horsebit logo throughout, with plenty of interior pockets, including a zipped compartment. Can also accomm...Category
1970s Italian Wallets
- GUCCI Wallet Browns Leather 1210703 Made in Italy Excellent ConditionBy GucciLocated in New York, NYThis is an authentic GUCCI Wallet I zippered pocket , 3 credit card slots , 2 Bill Pockts, 1 Receipt Pocket Condition of The Wallet is Excellent No S...Category
2010s Italian Clutches
- Jimmy Choo Vintage Small Shiny Clutch BagBy Jimmy ChooLocated in Milano, ITStunning small handbag designed and branded Jimmy Choo, dating back to the 1990s. ORIGINAL BRAND. The handbag is a handbag, very small, apt to carry makeup. It is made with a glossy ...Category
1990s French Clutches
- Christian Dior Signature Brown Canvas Clutch with Coco Brown Calfskin LogoBy Christian DiorLocated in New York, NYChristian Dior signature classic brown canvas accented with coco brown calfskin edges logo clutch measures 10 inches in length. The height measur...Category
1980s Italian Clutches
Recently ViewedView All
How Fashion Icon Emilio Pucci Became the Prince of Psychedelic Prints
The Italian design icon set the course for creating a comprehensive lifestyle brand.
The Best Ways to Dress for Your Astrological Sign
Makeup and astrology expert Linda Mason dispenses fashion advice for every zodiac sign. Does your wardrobe match your horoscope?