- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Louis Vuitton Black Damier Ebene Canvas Odeon MM Bag
- DimensionsHeight: 10.63 in (27 cm)Width: 4.34 in (11 cm)Length: 12.21 in (31 cm)
- Material NotesMade from Damier Ebene canvas and finished with a black cowhide leather trim, corners and a name tag. Textile lining. Gold-colour hardware. Double zip closure.
- Seller LocationNicosia, CY
- Reference Number1stDibs: LU2667215564542
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Valencia, Spain
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
About the Designer
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
- Louis Vuitton Black/Beige Monogram Empreinte Leather NéoNoé MM Bucket BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Nicosia, CYThis versatile bag can be worn cross-body or over the shoulder thanks to its adjustable strap. Inside, a zipped pocket keeps valuables secure. 2 compartments. Strap: Removable, adjus...Category
2010s Bucket Bags and Drawstring Bags
- Louis Vuitton Black Monogram Empreinte Leather Vavin BB BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Nicosia, CYSpacious yet stylish, this bag is a seamless blend of fashion and function. Open front pocket. Inside flat pocket. Sliding, non-removable chain. Chain drop: 28.0 cm. Chain drop max: ...Category
2010s Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Black Monogram Canvas Odéon MM BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Nicosia, CYA stylish and functional shoulder bag with an adjustable leather strap that allows shoulder or cross-body carry. It features an outside flat pocket with magnetic closure and an insid...Category
2010s Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Louis Vuitton Black/Beige Monogram Empreinte Leather Favourite BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Nicosia, CYThis shoulder bag has a removable and adjustable strap that enables short shoulder carry or cross-body wear, while a bold detachable gold-colour chain allows more glamorous evening u...Category
2010s Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Black Monogram Empreinte Leather Vavin PM BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Nicosia, CYLightweight and elegant, is an ideal day-to-evening piece, finished with an adjustable chain and leather handle, that can be strapped across the body or worn casually over the should...Category
2010s Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Black/Cream Grained Calfskin Leather LV Pont 9 Soft MM BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Nicosia, CYA rounded bag with a wide two-colour strap decorated with Monogram Flowers. Inside zipped pocket. Removable and adjustable strap. Strap drop: 48.0 cm. Strap drop max: 51.0 cm.Category
2010s Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Grand Palais ToteBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYListing Title: Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Grand Palais Tote SKU: 122112 MSRP: 2910.00 Condition: Pre-owned Handbag Condition: Excellent Condition Comments: Excellent Condition. N...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- LOUIS VUITTON Damier Graphite Trocadero Messenger PMBy Louis VuittonLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireLOUIS VUITTON Damier Graphite Coated Canvas & Black Calfskin Leather Trocadero Messenger PM Xupes Reference: HB4808 Serial Number: CA4189 Age (Circa): 2019 Accompanied By: Louis Vui...Category
2010s Spanish Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags$2,040Free Shipping
- Louis Vuitton LIKE NEW Black/ General Blue Capucines BB Crossbody BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYLouis Vuitton LIKE NEW Black/ General Blue Capucines BB Crossbody Bag. Features detachable gold chain strap with blue braided leather. Can be worn with its flap out or tucked inside ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Navy Crossbody BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Athens, GALouis Vuitton Navy Eimpreinte Leather Crossbody Bag. Good condition. Gold hardware. Great crossbody bag or can be doubled as a handbag. Nice clean red interior. Guaranteed authentic.Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Louis Vuitton x Murakami Limited Edition Monogram Multicolor Boulogne Bag, 2004By Louis Vuitton, Takashi MurakamiLocated in Banner Elk, NCLouis Vuitton x Murakami Limited Edition Monogram Multicolor Boulogne Crossbody Bag, 2004. This incredibly rare and highly sought after piece of Louis Vuitton history became a worldw...Category
Early 2000s French Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Odeon MM Monogram Canvas Handbag CrossbodyBy Louis VuittonLocated in Freehold, NJPre-Owned 100% Authentic LOUIS VUITTON Odeon MM Monogram M56389 RATING: B...Good, well maintained, shows minor signs of wear MATERIAL: monogram canvas, leather trims LEATHER TRIM: l...Category
2010s Spanish Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
Recently ViewedView More
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.