- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
90s Louis Vuitton Vintage Patent Shoulder Carry-on Bag
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Thousand Oaks, CA
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 1 day of delivery.
About the Manufacturer
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
- Louis Vuitton Cocktail DressBy Louis VuittonLocated in Thousand Oaks, CALouis Vuitton coral pink dress with teal cross over straps. Cowl back detail. Lower leg side slit. Right front pocket. Classy and Sexy in one ! Truly a very special piece. 100% sil...Category
2010s Cocktail Dresses$388 Sale Price20% Off
- Etro Floral Paisley Crop Top Size 38By EtroLocated in Thousand Oaks, CAEtro Bralette in floral paisley. Size 38. Super fresh and flirty for spring/summer. Great as resort wear or an option for under a blazer or cardigan. Adjustable shoulder straps a...Category
- ALAIA White Gladiator Sandals Size 7By Azzedine AlaïaLocated in Thousand Oaks, CAAmazing Alaia White Studded Gladiator Sandals. So chic for resort wear or everyday summer attire. Size 7. Great condition. They show some signs of use, please see pictures.Category
2010s Shoes$450 Sale Price62% Off
- Gucci Zebra Black and White Pumps Size 36.5By GucciLocated in Thousand Oaks, CAGucci Zebra Print, black and white, ponyhair pumps. Natural signs of wear to soles, otherwise great condition. Size 36 1/2Category
- New-Louis Vuitton FW 2022 by Virgil Abloh- City Keepall in beige calf leatherBy Louis VuittonLocated in Paris, IDFULTRA EXCLUSIVE - SOLD OUT - VIRGIL ABLOH COLLECTION From the Trunk L'Œil capsule collection, this City Keepall bag by Virgil Abloh is crafted from calf leather in shades reminiscen...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Duffel Bags and Carry-On Bags
- Red and beige canevas week-end bag Louis Vuitton InventeurBy Louis VuittonLocated in Saint-Ouen-Sur-Seine, FRRed and beige canevas week-end bag. Size: 40cm X 22 cm X 25 cm. Striped cotton lining. 2 keys and lock. Dust-bad provided.Branded gold metal studs.Category
2010s French Duffel Bags and Carry-On Bags
- Louis Vuitton Train Case, Louis Vuitton Beauty Case,Louis Vuitton Jewelry CaseBy Louis VuittonLocated in Saint-ouen, FRVery nice Louis Vuitton monogram train case with solid brass corners and lock. Leather top handle. All its studs are engraved Louis Vuitton. Its interior is in very good condition...Category
1980s French Suitcases and Trunks
- Bandoulière 45 Duffle BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in London, GBNicolas Ghesquière reinterprets Monogram canvas to create this eye-catching Game On Keepall Bandoulière 45 duffle bag for Cruise 2021. Here, the monogrammed Luis Vuitton and blossoms...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Duffel Bags and Carry-On Bags$5,700Free Shipping
- Brown and tan monogram coated canvas Louis Vuitton Keepall 55 with gold-toneBy Louis VuittonLocated in Irvine, CABrown and tan monogram coated canvas Louis Vuitton Keepall 55 with gold-tone hardware, tan vachetta leather trim featuring yellow contrast stitching, dual rolled top handles, luggage...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Duffel Bags and Carry-On Bags
- Louis Vuitton Silver Monogram Mirror Keepall 50 BandouliereBy Louis VuittonLocated in Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire"LOUIS VUITTON Silver Monogram Mirror Coated Canvas & Vachetta Leather Keepall 50 Bandouliere Xupes Reference: CB498 Serial Number: Age (Circa): 2021 Accompanied By: Louis Vuitton...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Duffel Bags and Carry-On Bags$7,109Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.