- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Louis Vuitton Coffret Tresor 24 Case NEW Monogram Jewelry Box Unused
About the Item
- Dimensions:Height: 5.12 in (13 cm)Width: 6.7 in (17 cm)Length: 9.45 in (24 cm)
- Place of Origin:
- Seller Location:Roosendaal, NL
- Reference Number:1stDibs: LU1775218641272
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
On 1stDibs, the unmistakable insignia can be found on both modern and vintage Louis Vuitton shoulder bags, suitcases, original 19th-century trunks, jackets and more.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Roosendaal, Netherlands
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Louis Vuitton Trunk in Damier Canvas, 1910sBy Louis VuittonLocated in Roosendaal, NLFrom the collection of Savineti we offer this very rare Louis Vuitton Damier Trunk: - Brand: Louis Vuitton - Model: Damier Trunk - Year: 1910-1914 - C...Category
1910s French Suitcases and Trunks
- Louis Vuitton Trio Mini Icones Alma Noe Speedy Full-Set NEWBy Louis VuittonLocated in Roosendaal, NLFrom the collection of SAVINETI we offer this BRAND NEW Louis Vuitton Trio Mini Icones: - Brand: Louis Vuitton - Model: Trio Mini Icones - Year: 2022 - Condition: NEW - Materials: Ca...Category
2010s Spanish Structured Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Palermo PM Monogram Bag Full-SetBy Louis VuittonLocated in Roosendaal, NLFrom the collection of SAVINETI we offer this Louis Vuitton Palermo: - Brand: Louis Vuitton - Model: Palermo - Year: 2009 - Code: SR4029 - Condition: Good - Materials: Monogram Canva...Category
Early 2000s French Structured Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Gaia MNG Bag Monogram CanvasBy Louis VuittonLocated in Roosendaal, NLFrom the collection of SAVINETI we offer this Louis Vuitton Gaia MNG Bag: - Brand: Louis Vuitton - Model: Gaia MNG - Year: 2015 - Code: DR4125 - Condition: Good (very small signs of ...Category
2010s French Hobo Bags
- Louis Vuitton OnTheGo MM Bag Yayoi Kusama NEW Full-SetBy Louis Vuitton, Yayoi KusamaLocated in Roosendaal, NLFrom the collection of SAVINETI we offer this Louis Vuitton Onthego LV X YK: - Brand: Louis Vuitton - Model: OnTheGo - Year: 2023 - Condition: NEW / unused - Materials: Monogram Empr...Category
2010s French Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton Tivoli PM MonogramBy Louis VuittonLocated in Roosendaal, NLFrom the collection of SAVINETI we offer this Louis Vuitton Tivoli PM: - Brand: Louis Vuitton - Model: Tivoli PM - Year: 2009 - Code: AR1049 - Condition: ...Category
Early 2000s French Top Handle Bags
- Azzedine Alaia bronze acetate knit bandage skirt and bodysuit set, ss 1986By Azzedine AlaïaLocated in London, GB▪ Important Azzedine Alaia acetate-knit skirt and bodysuit set ▪ Fitted bodysuit with criss-cross straps ▪ Bandage knee-length skirt ▪ Open side with...Category
1980s Italian Evening Dresses and Gowns
- UNWORN Versace 2003 Nude Silk Georgette Lace Up Gown Dress 40 seen on BellaBy VersaceLocated in Switzerland, CHGorgeous nude evening gown inspired by the Grecian goddesses by VERSACE Fall 2003/2004 Collection One of the most famous Versace dresses ever created by Versace - worn by topmodels, ...Category
Early 2000s Italian Ball Gowns
- Dolce & Gabbana ivory silk hand-painted kimono dress coat, fw 1998By Dolce & GabbanaLocated in London, GB▪ Dolce & Gabbana ivory kimono dress coat ▪ 65% Silk, 35% Nylon ▪ Hand-painted design of flowers and birds ▪ Black silk lining ▪ IT 44 - FR 40 - UK ...Category
1990s Italian Coats and Outerwear
- Belle Époque Diamond TiaraLocated in London, GBA Belle Époque diamond tiara, to the centre three diamond-set clusters with diamond-set foliate decorations and one large diamond-set clu...Category
Early 20th Century French Belle Époque More JewelryMaterials
- Stephen Russell Edwardian Design Diamond And Pearl Platinum TiaraBy Stephen RussellLocated in New York, NYAn elegant Stephen Russell Edwardian design diamond and pearl platinum tiara designed as a series of 18th century Arabesque style opposite a...Category
2010s American Edwardian More JewelryMaterials
Diamond, Pearl, Platinum$55,000Free Shipping
- Chanel Limited Edition Light Gold Vanity Case Rare Home Decor Jewelry BoxBy ChanelLocated in Miami, FLChanel Limited Edition Pearl Lambskin Quilted Leather Rare Jewelry Box Vanity Case Home Decor Gold hardware Quilted Lambskin leather CC studded pearl drawer knob Features removable ...Category
2010s Italian Jewelry Boxes
- Christian Dior by John Galliano blue denim cropped jacket and skirt set, ss 2000By Christian Dior, John Galliano for Christian DiorLocated in London, GB▪ Christian Dior indigo blue denim jacket and skirt 2 piece set ▪ Designed by John Galliano ▪ Cropped denim jacket ▪ Bias cut skirt with asymmetric waistline and hemline ▪ Gold log...Category
Early 2000s French Skirt Suits
- Givenchy Haute Couture mauve silk trained evening gown with cape, fw 2003By GivenchyLocated in London, GB▪ Givenchy Haute Couture mauve silk evening gown ▪ Designed by Julien Macdonald ▪ Form-hugging torso with asymmetric draping ▪ Cut-out at hip edged with hand-rolled silk ▪ Asymmet...Category
Early 2000s French Evening Dresses and Gowns
- Vintage 2004 Versace Couture Worn by Actress Melanie Griffith Ombré Silk GownBy VersaceLocated in Beverly Hills, CAThe first Versace boutique was opened in 1978 and its popularity was immediate. Today, Versace is one of the world's leading international fashion houses. Gianni Versace redefined fa...Category
Early 2000s Italian Aesthetic Evening Dresses
- Hermes Birkin 35 Diamond Bordeaux Porosus Crocodile Bag White Gold HardwareBy HermèsLocated in Miami, FLMightychic offers an exceptional Hermes Birkin 35 Diamond Porosus Crocodile bag featured in jewel toned Bordeaux. Exquisite and rare color, this Hermes Birkin bag with 18K White Gold...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Top Handle Bags
- LOUIS VUITTON Monogram Canvas Boite Gold Trim Travel Cosmetic Vanity Trunk CaseBy Louis VuittonLocated in Chicago, ILPre-Owned Vintage Condition Monogram Canvas Leather Trim Gold Hardware W 15.75" x H 8.25" x D 9" Handle Drop 1.5" Includes Tray, Keys, Name Tag 100% Authenticity GuaranteedCategory
21st Century and Contemporary French Wallets and Small Accessories$12,740 Sale Price20% OffFree Shipping
- Louis Vuitton Frog Canvas Coffret Tresor 24 Jewelry BoxBy Louis VuittonLocated in Lugano, TicinoLouis Vuitton Frog Canvas Coffret Tresor 24 Jewelry Box, the monogram canvas has been covered and customized with frog designs by a swiss artist ( 20...Category
2010s French Luggage and Travel Bags
- Louis Vuitton Brume Monogram Giant By The Pool Nice BB Vanity CaseBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYLouis Vuitton Brume Monogram Giant By The Pool Nice BB Vanity Case Made In: Italy Year of Production: 2021 Color: Brume Hardware: Goldtone hardware Materials: Coated canvas, leather...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Cosmetic Bags
- Louis Vuitton Pearl-Steel Signature Monogram Credit-Card and Change WalletBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYLouis Vuitton's pearl-steel signature monogram credit-card, billfold and change wallet measures 10 inches by 4 3/8 inches when opened. Measurement, when closed are 4 inches by 4 3/8 ...Category
Early 2000s French Wallets and Small Accessories
- Christian Dior CD Diamond Genuine Leather PouchBy Christian DiorLocated in Scottsdale, AZGet yourself a piece of this iconic Dior today! Featured in a beige and brown, this pouch is a known as a house staple, crafted in natural CD Diamond ca...Category
2010s French Pouches and Wristlets
- 2017 Dior Blue Oblique Monogram Canvas & Calfskin Leather Jewellery CaseBy Christian DiorLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireCHRISTIAN DIOR Blue Oblique Monogram Canvas & Calfskin Leather Jewellery Case Serial Number: 37-MA-1117 Age (Circa): 2017 Accompanied By: Dior Dust Bag, Box, Protective Felt, Selfri...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Luggage and Travel Bags$7,410Free Shipping
Recently ViewedView More
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery