Louis Vuitton Silver Monogram Mirror Keepall 50 Bandouliere
About the Item
- Dimensions:Height: 11.42 in (29 cm)Width: 19.69 in (50 cm)Depth: 9.06 in (23 cm)
- Place of Origin:
- Seller Location:Bishop's Stortford, GB
- Reference Number:Seller: CB4981stDibs: LU170214952522
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
On 1stDibs, the unmistakable insignia can be found on both modern and vintage Louis Vuitton shoulder bags, suitcases, original 19th-century trunks, jackets and more.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Bishop's Stortford, United Kingdom
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 14 days of delivery.
- LOUIS VUITTON Brown Monogram Coated Canvas & Vachetta Leather Vintage Keepall 55By Louis VuittonLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireLOUIS VUITTON Brown Monogram Coated Canvas & Vachetta Leather Vintage Keepall 55 Serial Number: SP0925 Age (Circa): 1995 Accompanied By: Luggage Tag, Handle Keeper Authenticity Deta...Category
1990s French Top Handle Bags
- LOUIS VUITTON X Supreme Red Epi Leather Keepall 45cm BandouliereBy Louis Vuitton SupremeLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireLOUIS VUITTON X Supreme Red Epi Leather Keepall 45cm Bandouliere Serial Number: BA2137 Age (Circa): 2017 Accompanied By: Louis Vuitton Dust Bag, Box, Louis Vuitton Invoice, Shoulder...Category
2010s French Duffel Bags and Carry-On Bags$11,316Free Shipping
- LOUIS VUITTON Brown Monogram Coated Canvas & Vachetta Leather Vintage Keepall 45By Louis VuittonLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireLOUIS VUITTON Brown Monogram Coated Canvas & Vachetta Leather Vintage Keepall 45 Serial Number: V.I.862 Age (Circa): 1982 Accompanied By: Luggage Tag, Handle Keeper Authenticity Det...Category
1980s French Top Handle Bags
- LOUIS VUITTON Brown Monogram Coated Canvas & Vachetta Leather Vintage Keepall 55By Louis VuittonLocated in Bishop's Stortford, HertfordshireLOUIS VUITTON Brown Monogram Coated Canvas & Vachetta Leather Vintage Keepall 55 Xupes Reference: HB5122 Serial Number: FL0081 Age (Circa): 2001 Accompanied By: Luggage Tag, Handle ...Category
Early 2000s French Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton x NBA Brown Monogram Trio Pocket KeepallBy Louis VuittonLocated in Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire"LOUIS VUITTON x NBA Brown Monogram Coated Canvas & Embossed Calfskin Leather Trio Pocket Keepall Age (Circa): 2021 Accompanied By: Louis Vuitton Dust Bag, Box, Shoulder Strap, Lug...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Duffel Bags and Carry-On Bags$6,751Free Shipping
- Louis Vuitton Natural & Orange Raffia, Beige Keepall 50 BandouliereBy Louis VuittonLocated in Bishop's Stortford, Hertfordshire"LOUIS VUITTON Natural & Orange Raffia, Beige Calfskin Leather Keepall 50 Bandouliere Serial Number: FZ4280 Age (Circa): 2020 Accompanied By: L...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Italian Duffel Bags and Carry-On Bags$6,047Free Shipping
- Burberrys Beige Nova Check Boston Duffle Bag with Strap 57b429sLocated in Dix hills, NYMeasurements: Length: 20" Width: 9" Height: 10.5" Shoulder Handle Drop: 11"-23.5" Handle Drop: 7" OVERALL GOOD+ CONDITION ( 7.25/10 or B+ ) Accessories: Lock and Keys Signs of...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Duffel Bags and Carry-On Bags
- Louis Vuitton Grey Damier Deant Attaquant Duffle Bag 68lv23sBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dix hills, NYLouis Vuitton Grey Damier Deant Attaquant Duffle Bag 68lv23s Date Code/Serial Number: SP0044 Made In: France Measurements: Length: 22" Width: 7" Height: 10" Shoulder Handle Drop: ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Luggage and Travel Bags
- Hermes Hac 50 Birkin Men's Bag Lime Evercolor Ficelle Toile PalladiumBy HermèsLocated in Miami, FLMightychic offers a rare Hermes 50 HAC bag (Haut a Courroies) featured in Lime Evercolor leather. The body is warm Ficelle Toile. Palladium hardware. Chic a...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Duffel Bags and Carry-On Bags
- Stunning MOYNAT Suitcase in beige monogram canvasBy MoynatLocated in Paris, IDFBeautiful decorative and collectible object: MOYNAT suitcase in coated canvas. Metal hardware . Leather handle. Original label. Circa 1930. Dimensions: 77 * 166 * 36 cm. Good vintag...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Suitcases and Trunks
- Miu Miu Large Tote 2way Shoulder Bag Pink-Beige Leather 860240By Miu MiuLocated in Dix hills, NYMiu Miu Large Tote 2way Shoulder Bag Pink-Beige Leather 860240Category
20th Century Duffel Bags and Carry-On Bags
- Bottega Veneta Off-White Rolling Luggage Tolley Suitcase 381bot225By Bottega VenetaLocated in Dix hills, NYBottega Veneta Off-White Rolling Luggage Tolley Suitcase 381bot225Category
20th Century Duffel Bags and Carry-On Bags
Recently ViewedView More
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery