- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
RARE Limited Edition Louis Vuitton X NIGO Virgil Abloh Monogram Duck Bag NEW
About the Item
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: New York, NY
- Return Policy
This item cannot be returned.
- LOUIS VUITTON X Grace Coddington Catogram Silk Shirt Size 40 NewBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NY100% authentic LOUIS VUITTON X Grace Coddington Collaboration Catogram Silk shirt New with tags attached. photographed on mannequin size 2US. This piece is meant to be worn overs...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Shirts
- Louis Vuitton Pochette Voyage MM Monogram Bandana Bleached Blue NEWBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYLouis Vuitton Pochette Voyage MM Monogram Bandana Bleached Blue NEW WITH TAGS Final SaleCategory
21st Century and Contemporary Clutches
- Louis Vuitton Spring Escape Bandouliere Speedy 20 Pink Black White NEWBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NY100% authentic guaranteed New 22 Louis Vuitton Spring Escape Bandouliere Speedy 20 Colors:Pink Black White Rare limited edition 2022 collectible Brand new, and comes with box, du...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Louis Vuitton Blue Bandana Slender Wallet Leather Brand NewBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYLouis Vuitton Blue Bandana Slender Wallet Leather Brand New with dust-bag and box. Made in France FINAL SALE.Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Wallets and Small Accessories
- Louis Vuitton Bum Bag Discovery PM Monogram Bandana Bleached Blue NEWBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NY100% Louis Vuitton authentic guaranteed Louis Vuitton Bum Bag Discovery PM Monogram Bandana Bleached Blue Size: PM (17.3 x 5.9 x 3.5 inches) (length x Height x Width) Color: Blue St...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Spanish Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Louis Vuitton Nike Air Force 1 Virgil Abloh Green/White Sneaker Size 8 NewBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NY100% authentic guaranteed Louis Vuitton Nike Air Force 1 Virgil Abloh Green/White Sneaker US Men Size 8 .Please see picture of insole measurement .Picture was taken as curtesy to bu...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Shoes
- Chanel Rare Collector's Runway Supermarket Grocery Basket Chain Tote MinaudièreBy ChanelLocated in Miami, FLChanel classic silver interwoven chain in the form of a large sized grocery shopping basket Spring 2014 Silver hardware Classic interwoven chain CC Silver Charm Can be used for high...Category
2010s Italian Evening Bags and Minaudières
- Hermès Kelly 20cm Custom Metallic Copper & Swarovski Crystal Gold HardwareBy HermèsLocated in Sydney, New South Wales1stdibs Exclusives From Three Over Six Brand: Hermès Style: Kelly Retourne Color: Metallic Copper Leather: Gulliver Hardware: Gold Stamp: 1997 A Condition: Vintage Excellent: This ...Category
1990s French Top Handle Bags
- Sex and The City 2, Iconic John Galliano for Christian Dior Newsprint DressBy John Galliano for Christian Dior, Christian DiorLocated in New York, NYBeing offered is the iconic John Galliano for Christian Dior Autumn/Winter 2000-2001 Newsprint Dress worn by Sarah Jessica Parker and lent by Vintage Luxury N.Y. for Sex and the Cit...Category
Early 2000s French Cocktail Dresses
- Vintage 1976 Sonny & Cher Documented Custom-Made Bob Mackie Sequin Gown Suit SetBy Bob MackieLocated in Beverly Hills, CAOwn a major slice of celebrity history! Two important, well-documented Sonny & Cher worn garments custom made for their 1976-77 promotional pictures and Westchester/Harrah's performa...Category
1970s American Aesthetic Evening Dresses
- Bulgari Rome Elizabeth Taylor Style Colombian Emerald Diamond Necklace SetBy BvlgariLocated in New York, NYBulgari Rome Elizabeth Taylor Style Colombian Certified Emerald Diamond NecklaceDetaches Into Two Bracelets and Detachable Pendant An 18k yellow gold necklace was set with sixteen ...Category
Vintage 1970s Italian Drop NecklacesMaterials
Diamond, Emerald, 18k Gold
- Louis Vuitton Black Leather Taiga Rainbow Steamer PM LimitedBy Louis VuittonLocated in Torre Del Greco, ITLouis Vuitton Limited Edition Taiga Rainbow x Virgil Abloh bag in black leather with black hardware.The bag is equipped with a front flap with interlocking strap closure with chain.T...Category
2010s French Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton Green Vernice Conte De Fees Pochette Frog L.E.By Louis VuittonLocated in Torre Del Greco, ITClutch bag signed Louis Vuitton, Conte De Fees Frog, limited edition, made in green patent leather with cowhide inserts and golden hardware. Equipped with a zip closure on the back, ...Category
Early 2000s French Novelty Bags
- Louis Vuitton Suhali Le Fabuleaux Black Top Handle BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Torre Del Greco, ITLouis Vuitton signed bag, Le Fabuleaux model size GM, made in suhali leather and gold hardware. Central closure with interlocking band. Equipped with a double rigid leather handle, a...Category
2010s Top Handle Bags
- New in Box Louis Vuitton Monogram Denim Backpack BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in West Hollywood, CALouis Vuitton brand new limited edition denim mini backpack. Contrast leather straps. External zipped pocket, internal open pocket. Comes with serial number, dust cover and box.Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Backpacks
- New in Box Louis Vuitton Black 2 Way Perforated BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in West Hollywood, CABrand new beautiful soft Mahina Calf leather crossbody bag from Louis Vuitton. 2 way bag, can be worn as a clutch or as a crossbody. The strap is adjustable 18.5" /23.6". Comes with ...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Novelty Bags
- New in Box Vuitton Limited Edition Camo Mini Palm Springs Backpack BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in West Hollywood, CALouis Vuitton limited edition camouflage mini backpack. Monogram signature canvas with black leather straps. External zipped pocket, internal open pocket. Comes with serial number, d...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Backpacks
Recently ViewedView More
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery