- Want more images or videos?Request additional images or videos from the seller
Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Alma MM Bag
About the Item
- Dimensions:Height: 9.45 in (24 cm)Width: 9.45 in (24 cm)Length: 12.6 in (32 cm)
- Style:Monogram (In the Style Of)
- Place of Origin:
- Condition:Wear consistent with age and use. Good Overall in good condition with minor scuffing on exterior & handle, slight scratches on metal.
- Seller Location:Dubai, AE
- Reference Number:Seller: 7460831stDibs: LU1310118626132
The story behind iconic luxury brand Louis Vuitton — best known for its esteemed handbags, crossbody bags, leather goods, ready-to-wear clothing and more — is one of craft and innovation in the worlds of fashion, jewelry and furniture.
The company’s modest origins can be traced back to when its founder, Louis Vuitton (1821–92), wishing to free himself from the conventional lifestyle in his provincial French city of Anchay as well as a difficult stepmother, left in the early 1830s to make a new life in Paris. The young Vuitton was 13 at the time and would need to travel on foot to get to the capital, which was hundreds of miles away. With stops along the way to make money so that he could forge ahead, the journey took a couple of years, but reward was close at hand.
When he arrived in Paris, Vuitton made a living with his hands. He toiled as a box maker and packer for more than a decade and built relationships with royals and members of the upper class while working for the empress of France, Eugenie de Montijo. In 1854, Vuitton launched his namesake company. The craftsman opened a humble workshop on rue Neuve des Capucines and advertised his services with a small poster that read: “Securely packs the most fragile objects. Specializing in packing fashions.”
Long before his brand would become known globally for its exemplary top-handle bags and stylish totes, Vuitton produced stackable and rectangular trunks. The most common trunks of the era were round, which weren’t ideal for toting and storing. In 1858, Vuitton debuted his lightweight, handcrafted canvas trunks, which were sturdy, rugged and equipped with convenient compartments. Travel’s popularity broadened in the late 19th century, and Vuitton’s trunks could easily be packed into train cars and ships — upright trunks meant hanging wardrobe storage that would allow his clients to transport their sophisticated garments without worry. Demand increased and the company grew. When Louis Vuitton died in 1892, control of the luxury house was passed onto his only son, Georges Vuitton.
In 1914, a Louis Vuitton store opened at 70 Champs-Élysées. The largest travel-goods store in the world at the time, it became the company’s flagship.
The Louis Vuitton brand embodies all the attributes of luxury, from the craftsmanship, exclusivity and relevance to heritage. It’s only appropriate that it boasts one of the most recognizable insignias — the imaginative interlocking of letters and fleurettes — in the fashion world. The famous LV monogram was first used in 1896 as part of an initiative by Georges to prevent counterfeiting of his coveted new line of travel trunks. It’s one of the earliest examples of fashion branding.
The LV monogram would soon appear on everything from bags and various fashion accessories to alligator-skin champagne cases, from stylish apparel and earrings to teddy bears and airplane models.
On 1stDibs, the unmistakable insignia can be found on both modern and vintage Louis Vuitton shoulder bags, suitcases, original 19th-century trunks, jackets and more.
Shipping & Returns
- ShippingRetrieving quote...Ships From: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Return Policy
A return for this item may be initiated within 3 days of delivery.
- Louis Vuitton Amande Electric Epi Leather Alma PM BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Out of all the irresistible handbags from Louis Vuitton, the Alma is the most structured one. First introduced in 1934 by Gaston-Louis Vuitton, the Alma is a classic that has receive...Category
2010s French Shoulder Bags$799 Sale Price35% Off
- Louis Vuitton Navy Blue Gris Monogram Limited Edition Volupte Beaute BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2This bag is from Louis Vuitton's Fall/Winter 2010 Runway Collection. It is a limited edition piece made from monogram embossed canvas and detailed with a leather flap. On top, there ...Category
2010s Italian Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Multicolor Monogram Limited Edition Pulp Weekender PM BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Don’t hesitate to grab this stylish limited edition Monogram Pulp Weekender PM bag from Louis Vuitton. This multicolored, canvas-rendered bag is designed by Richard Prince and is coa...Category
2010s Italian Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Amarante Monogram Vernis Brea GM BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2The feminine shape of Louis Vuitton's Brea is inspired by the doctor's bag. Crafted from Monogram Vernis, the bag has a perfect finish. The fabric interior is spacious and it is secu...Category
2010s French Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Rose Clair Monogram Canvas Multi Pochette AccessoiresBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2Handy and stylish, this pochette is from the house of Louis Vuitton. It has been crafted from monogram coated canvas and comes with a top zipper that reveals a canvas-lined interior ...Category
2010s French Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Plum Epi Leather Electric Brea MM BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Dubai, Al Qouz 2The feminine shape of Louis Vuitton's Brea is inspired by the doctor's bag. Crafted from Epi leather in plum, the bag has a perfect finish. The fabric interior is spacious and it is ...Category
2010s French Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Utility Phone SleeveBy Louis VuittonLocated in New York, NYListing Title: Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Utility Phone Sleeve SKU: 129499 Condition: Pre-owned Handbag Condition: Very Good Condition Comments: Very Good Condition. Patina and d...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Crossbody Bags and Messenger Bags
- Louis Vuitton Bucket Bag Monogram Canvas GMBy Louis VuittonLocated in NY, NYCondition: Good. Creasing on exterior, moderate darkening, marks and watermarks on handles and leather trims. Wear on base edges, peeling on handle wax edges, scratches and discolora...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Canvas Multipli Cite BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Montreal, QuebecCOLOR: Brown MATERIAL: Coated canvas MEASURES: H 10” x L 15” x D 5” DROP: 10” CONDITION: Excellent - pristine. Very clean. Made in FranceCategory
21st Century and Contemporary French Duffel Bags and Carry-On Bags
- Louis Vuitton Monogram Alma PM Dome Satchel 3LV1015By Louis VuittonLocated in Dix hills, NYDate Code/Serial Number: VI0974 Made In: France Measurements: Length: 11.5 " Width: 6 " Height: 9 " Handle Drop: 3.5 " OVERALL FAIR plus CONDITION ( 6.5/10 or BC ) Accessories: Non...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton Alma Monogram customized "Minnie&Mickey" by the artist PatBo !By Louis VuittonLocated in Paris, IDFThe iconic Louis Vuitton Alma Bag in Monogram canvas, smooth natural cow leather trim, brown textile lining, golden cladding, 2 handles in na...Category
21st Century and Contemporary French Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton Noisette Vernis Roxbury Drive BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Chillerton, Isle of WightLouis Vuitton Noisette Vernis Roxbury Drive Bag This stylish Clutch bag has a Vernis Leather body with Stylish Top handles for a comfortab...Category
21st Century and Contemporary Spanish Structured Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Off-White Monogram Mahina Cirrus PM BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Scottsdale, AZNOW TRENDING: Slouchy oversized bags! Ensure your daily essentials are in order and your outfit is complete with this designer Louis Vuitton bag. This Louis Vuitton PM Cirrus Mahina Handbag is crafted of the best materials in a perforated Monogram Mahina leather. The push lock closure opens to a dark grey alcantara lined interior with one zip pocket against the back and two open pockets against the front. It features the gold-tone signature Louis Vuitton press...Category
2010s Italian Hobo Bags
- Louis Vuitton Purple Exotic Crocodile Brea HandbagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Scottsdale, AZThis is the most iconic and beautiful piece to add to your collection! A bag made to make a statement! This bag is vintage, made in 2001, and is perfect for the Louis Vuitton collect...Category
Early 2000s Italian Top Handle Bags
- Louis Vuitton Beige Python Louise GMBy Louis VuittonLocated in Palm Beach, FLThis authentic Louis Vuitton Beige Python Louise GM is in excellent plus condition. Perfectly scaled in the GM silhouette, this neutral chain b...Category
2010s European Structured Shoulder Bags
- Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Portobello PM BagBy Louis VuittonLocated in Scottsdale, AZThis stylish shoulder bag is finely crafted of Louis Vuitton signature Damier canvas. This bag features a side-to-side looping dark brown leather shoulder strap with polished brass h...Category
2010s French Hobo Bags
- Louis Vuitton Damier Ebene Evora SatchelBy Louis VuittonLocated in Scottsdale, AZThe bag has a distinctive structure and is crafted of Louis Vuitton Damier coated canvas in brown. The shoulder bag features signature dar...Category
2010s American Structured Shoulder Bags
Recently ViewedView More
Inside Louis Vuitton’s Most Popular Handbag Collaborations
The venerable brand has earned accolades (and gained new fans) for partnerships that meld fashion with art.
How to Spot a Fake Louis Vuitton
What are the telltale signs that you're holding a real Louis Vuitton and not a knockoff? We spoke with expert Diane D’Amato to find out. Of course, you don't have to worry about fakes on 1stDibs, where every seller is highly vetted.
The 1stDibs PromiseLearn More
Expertly Vetted Sellers
Confidence at Checkout
Trusted Global Delivery